It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I mean why did Trump lie? He said there were no attempts to contact Russia.

If innocent then why lie? That makes you look guilty.

Questioning goes so many different directions. Like with Sessions who said he had no connections with Russia was accused of lying because he talked to the ambassador of Russia as a senator in the passed..which had nothing to do with the topic of questioning.

Its like I ask you if you robbed a bank and you say no that is stupid...Then I say do you steal and you again say no, I'm a honest person, then I say well we have reports you stole a pencil in 3rd grade, so you are a liar. Now that we have proven you are a liar lets get back to that bank robbery...lol

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Did anyone see this yet?

"General Flynn Says He will Testify Against Trump – Market Crashes 300 Points in 5 Minutes"

Also, a statement from Trump's lawyer:

“Today, Michael Flynn, a former National Security Advisor at the White House for 25 days during the Trump Administration, and a former Obama administration official, entered a guilty plea to a single count of making a false statement to the FBI.

“The false statements involved mirror the false statements to White House officials which resulted in his resignation in February of this year. Nothing about the guilty plea or the charge implicates anyone other than Mr. Flynn. The conclusion of this phase of the Special Counsel’s work demonstrates again that the Special Counsel is moving with all deliberate speed and clears the way for a prompt and reasonable conclusion.”

edit on 1-12-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So president elect Trump ordered his team to reach out to the Russians regarding a major issue President Trump would need to deal with in a month and a half?

Sounds like a "no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute" moment is unfolding.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
OP can spin it all he wants and everyone else can line dance along, but this is a bad sign for trump. if i were him i'd be flop sweating all over that oval office... just as soon as he's done watching fox & friends and rage tweeting, anyway...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
OP can spin it all he wants and everyone else can line dance along, but this is a bad sign for trump. if i were him i'd be flop sweating all over that oval office... just as soon as he's done watching fox & friends and rage tweeting, anyway...

Your right. This is the kind of thing that might loss him reelection.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Democrats are trying to overturn a freely elected president...

This is the most ludicrous and hilarious thing I’ve ever seen...

You lost the election...get over it...
Russia had zero to do with it...
You ran hillary for christs sake...she is an awful candidate..
Don’t blame russia for the democrats being morons...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Considering it's Trump I'm waiting for the full-on public mental breakdown.
When the reality bubble finally bursts for that ignorant baboon, it should be epic to watch given his mental health issues.

K~

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The deal is, precedent doesn't seem to preclude contacting foreign dignitaries. The content of those conversations are what could be damning.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A close confidant told ABC News

LOL, heard that a few times...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So Flynn was a DNC 'plant' that Trump hired. Trump did hire him right? Out of all the people out there he chose Flynn above all others. So if Trump's PR Fantasy World implodes whose fault will that be?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This headline is missing two incredibly important words. .""..in December..."".
As I understand it( correct me if I'm wrong) Flynn is saying that Trump directed him to contact the Russians AFTER the election.

edit on 1-12-2017 by dashen because: Fake news fake news fake news

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Pretty much. Only two people in history have been indicted for violating the Logan Act and none have been convicted. It will certainly hurt Trump's already abysmal numbers and give justification for the continuance of the investigation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
FLYNN tweeted

That the accusations of treason are false.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Democrats are trying to overturn a freely elected president...

This is the most ludicrous and hilarious thing I’ve ever seen...

You lost the election...get over it...
Russia had zero to do with it...
You ran hillary for christs sake...she is an awful candidate..
Don’t blame russia for the democrats being morons...

-Chris

The judicial system isn't an arm of the Democratic party. Try again.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Flynn was a DNC Implant from the very beginning.

Getting more obvious by the minute today.

Trump played it good by elevating Flynn into a high profile position.

Now everybody knows who he really is.

Just speechless.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Still triggered by the 2016 election...
I’m sorry...
Do you have access to a safe space?

-Chris

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
To begin with, this happened during the campaign, not after the election.

ABC's Brian Ross says that Michael Flynn—the former national security adviser who pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI and is cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation—is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign.

However,

Contact between campaigns and foreign governments is not in and of itself illegal.

Slate
edit on 01pmFri, 01 Dec 2017 12:18:20 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
So Flynn was a DNC 'plant' that Trump hired. Trump did hire him right? Out of all the people out there he chose Flynn above all others. So if Trump's PR Fantasy World implodes whose fault will that be?

Lets be real here....when Trump went looking for a team to put together, both sides of the aisle were threatening blacklisting anyone who worked for him. The "never Trump" meme ran deep in the establishment.

So Trump's "dream team" was more that he found folks who were willing to do the job, and had at least the most minimal experience to give it a go.

Had the establishment supported Trump by allowing the depth of experience to work in the white house without "never Trump", its possible we would have seen a better cabinet built around Trump.

I don't like Trump, but would love to have seen our government not work to make him fail. Because it makes us all fail.

link   

originally posted by: loveguy
It's hard to say where a man may come to compromise when it comes to his son?

Back room deals. I guess his son will no longer have to answer for his own dealings?

Dang, he and his son flew to Moscow in 2015 and he presented a speech at the RT anniversary celebration. Looks to me maybe he was trying to do his own Intelligence work or something. Why else would you fly to these different countries unless you were digging? Flynn isn't just anyone. He was a high ranking general until 2014. I don't think it was just a trip.

www.washingtonpost.com - Lobbying activities of Michael Flynn’s son being examined by special counsel on Russia...

Lawmakers have been inquiring in recent months about the elder Flynn’s connections to Turkish, Saudi and Russian interests. The Flynns flew together to Moscow in 2015 when the elder Flynn delivered a paid speech at an anniversary celebration for RT television. While in Moscow, Flynn sat by Russian President Vladi­mir Putin at a dinner marking the network anniversary.

Makes one wonder if that's why Trump hired him? Because Trump has a love affair with Russia he's downplaying?
edit on 12/1/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

Besides a Dec. 29 conversation about sanctions, prosecutors also cite an earlier December meeting, in which Flynn asked Kislyak to delay or defeat a U.N. Security Council resolution

All of these communications seemingly happened during December. I am not understanding how this is election collusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join