It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Guilty!!!????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think Trump isn't going to be too fond of the color orange anymore.

You guys said this same thing when Trump and Comey were feuding. Nothing will happen

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.cnbc.com...

Michael Flynn (L), former national security advisor to President Donald Trump, arrives for his plea hearing at the Prettyman Federal Courthouse December 1, 2017 in Washington, DC. Markets fall on ABC News report that Flynn is prepared to testify on Trump and Russia 33 Mins Ago | 06:17 Stocks fell Friday on a report that Michael Flynn was directed by President Trump to talk to Russians. ABC News reported that Flynn, the former national security adviser, would testify that he was directed to make contact with the Russians.

WOW!

If this is true, then the entire world was played.

ETA,
again, if true, Trump has proven he is able to keep a secret. Welcome President Mike Pence?

Trump will resign. Pence will be president.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
For what? If the trumps supporters are so stupid how come they’re the only ones who get this is a nothingburger

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Fox:

Michael Flynn pleads guilty to false-statements charge in Russia probe

While it is unclear who Flynn himself is prepared to name, Fox News has been told by a former senior intelligence officer with knowledge of Trump transition activities that then-President-Elect Trump directed Flynn during that period to contact the Russians -- while also directing him and his team to contact 12 other countries.

Well, if that's true then it proves if nothing else, that Trump was not only aware of the whole Kisylak mess and lying about it, but also that Flynn was just doing what Trump told him to do and Trump threw Flynn under the bus.

Lying is bad but it's not enough to cause him to resign or be impeached. It does open up a whole new angle though in that Trump could now as being seen as having definite skin in the game when he asked Comey to "let it go" regarding Flynn.

That might be enough for the GOP to replace him with President Pence, also a liar.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Also if it's true that it's unclear who Flynn is prepared to name, that Brian Ross from ABC ran with some #veryfakenews

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think Trump isn't going to be too fond of the color orange anymore.

At least he'll be able to escape prison pretty easily. The guards will just think the laundry is getting taken out.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Well, if that's true then it proves if nothing else, that Trump was not only aware of the whole Kisylak mess and lying about it, but also that Flynn was just doing what Trump told him to do and Trump threw Flynn under the bus.

Lying is bad but it's not enough to cause him to resign or be impeached. It does open up a whole new angle though in that Trump could now as being seen as having definite skin in the game when he asked Comey to "let it go" regarding Flynn.

That might be enough for the GOP to replace him with President Pence, also a liar.

I second that, you could say, given the overall gravity of any Russian interference, that Flynn's telling porkies to the FBI is relatively minor, and in itself not indicative of any complete role that Flynn may or may not have played.
However for Trump, it's a different issue.
I disagree that the whole world was played though, far from it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

More headline than substance. What will matter, if any of it every does, is if any conversations that took place actually affected the outcome of the election. If I had to make a decision right now I would say the affect of the Russian collusion accusations probably helped hillary more than any exchange of information ever helped Trump.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

More headline than substance. What will matter, if any of it every does, is if any conversations that took place actually affected the outcome of the election. If I had to make a decision right now I would say the affect of the Russian collusion accusations probably helped hillary more than any exchange of information ever helped Trump.

not really... what will end up mattering is who lied about what they knew and what did they lie about. lot of lying going on. that'll probably be what gets everyone in the end.

here's a good twitter thread about the implications...

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Read it again.The Fox News reporting actually agrees with the Brian Ross reporting — both have sources saying Trump directed Flynn.

While it is unclear who Flynn himself is prepared to name, Fox News has been told by a former senior intelligence officer with knowledge of Trump transition activities that then-President-Elect Trump directed Flynn during that period to contact the Russians -- while also directing him and his team to contact 12 other countries.

Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report

Flynn is saying that Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians," ABC's Brian Ross said Friday, just moments after Flynn entered a guilty plea for lying about his contact with Russians during the presidential transition period.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Flynn devoted his life to the US, so I'm hoping he didn't do some dodgey # on purpose. Trump flat our lied about any Russian contact in this instance. I'll defend him against the stupid lies, but if he bull#s us like this, then he's looking for trouble and will likely find it. It will take a bit of time to sort this out, but as if right now, it seems like Trump should have been open about this from the beginning.

The way all this is happening, it's looking like he was trying to get Flynn to be ignored so nobody would ask about this. If that's the case, it's going to fuel the Muller investigation and give the haters lots to eat.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Read it again.The Fox News reporting actually agrees with the Brian Ross reporting — both have sources saying Trump directed Flynn.

Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report

Flynn is saying that Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians," ABC's Brian Ross said Friday, just moments after Flynn entered a guilty plea for lying about his contact with Russians during the presidential transition period.

Yeah I get that. That's not illegal though. The reporting was that he was gonna testify against Trump. Now they're saying it's unclear who he's gonna name? Why would he be testifying that Trump did something legal? That doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Have to disagree, it doesn't matter which of them benefited more from any conversion. This investigation is not about who deserves to be president, what matters is if any laws where broken.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well nobody will be testifying against Trump in a criminal court. The consensus is that sitting presidents can't be indicted. What could happen though is basically what happened with Watergate — they indict people around Trump and then hand the case off to Congress.

At that point, Congress could impeach Trump and Flynn testimony (in front of Congress) against Trump would make sense.
edit on 2017-12-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well nobody will be testifying against Trump in a criminal court. The consensus is that sitting presidents can't be indicted. What could happen though is basically what happened with Watergate — they indict people around Trump and then hand the case off to Congress.

At that point, Congress could impeach Trump and Flynn testimony against Trump would make sense.

Ok, so he's gonna testify to Congress that Trump did something legal? It's still not adding up.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Ok, so he's gonna testify to Congress that Trump did something legal? It's still not adding up.

maybe it's not adding up because all the info hasn't been released to the public?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
But how does this differ from collusion? It's my understanding that collusion is not illegal.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Why would Flynn feel the need to throw POTUS under the bus knowing that most likely if he does indeed go down on his own that he would obviously be pardoned by Trump anyway? Is that not a potential possibility?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

He would testify that Trump instructed him to reach out to Russia to tell them to ignore the sanctions basically. Something that Trump has denied vociferously. As I said, if it's true, it would indicate that Trump threw Flynn under the bus.

Where Trump gets into trouble is that the day after the Flynn resignation, he took Comey aside and asked him to drop any investigation into Flynn and later of course, when Comey was not responsive to Trump's requests, he was canned.

The obvious implication here is that Trump was lying about the Flynn affair and put pressure on Comey to drop the Flynn investigation to cover his own ass. That would be obstruction. Now, some people are going to get caught up on the legal definition of "obstruction of justice." That really doesn't matter here. Impeachment is a political process not a criminal one.

And because of that, "other high crimes and misdemeanors" can essentially be whatever Congress decides it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Shep Smith just said Fox hasn't yet confirmed that Flynn said Trump directed him to contact the Russians. It seems that point keeps going back and forth on whether it's accurate or not. Based on their past track record, I'll believe that when I see it in an official court document. John Roberts just reported the official Flynn received that direction from was KT McFarland.

Firing Comey is a non-starter in my opinion. Trump was well aware that firing Comey would have no effect on the investigation, and Comey himself told Congress the investigation wasn't hampered at all. There's nothing to pursue there. It's not like he fired him and one of his people took over the investigation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join