It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evergreen State’s student newspaper includes no-whites-allowed opinion section

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I would be all for abandoning plenty of the military bases we have around the world and cutting some of those countries loose.

For example, what on earth are we doing subsidizing the defense of all of Europe? They're supposedly so very wealthy and advanced that they sit up on high in their welfare states and lecture us while our blood and treasure lets them spend their budget on the things they sneer at us for not doing (socialized health care and college, just for two).

Let them defend themselves and manage that portion of their budget too. Then we can save a lot of money.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would be all for abandoning plenty of the military bases we have around the world and cutting some of those countries loose.

For example, what on earth are we doing subsidizing the defense of all of Europe? They're supposedly so very wealthy and advanced that they sit up on high in their welfare states and lecture us while our blood and treasure lets them spend their budget on the things they sneer at us for not doing (socialized health care and college, just for two).

Let them defend themselves and manage that portion of their budget too. Then we can save a lot of money.

Right, and, a lot of our foreign policy has nothing to do with democracy building, freedom, etc. In fact, the last 70 years hold a long list of us doing just the opposite. Although a lot of people on here know that, and a lot of actual scholars, your average American doesn't. Our government has engaged in a lot of evil abroad, that one day may come back to haunt us.
The Europe issue is a vestige of the cold war, as I'm sure you know.

I think it's important to understand though that those in power at the top don't give a sh%t about all this. I think that these actions are solely for economic and military hegemony so the rich and powerful can continue their domination. I don't know though if powerful entities are willing to give up that global power right now. This is a great secret of our government and parties: as Glen Greenwald would say both parties become parties of war, and the media suddenly suits up and shows up on both sides to support it.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The problem is disentanglement.

The global economy is intertwined that if we removed ourselves from someplace like Europe, for example, it could produce the event that causes the global economic correction. I don't think their welfare states can exist while supporting a national defense sufficient to holding off Russia, and Russia *will* get ideas if they don't do it.

So Europe would be looking at a prolonged state of economic distress and likely social unrest if we did withdraw.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is the US in treaties to defend these other countries.

London is the finance, China is the manufacture and the US is the muscle. That is the world plan that the string pullers are going with.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem is disentanglement.

The global economy is intertwined that if we removed ourselves from someplace like Europe, for example, it could produce the event that causes the global economic correction. I don't think their welfare states can exist while supporting a national defense sufficient to holding off Russia, and Russia *will* get ideas if they don't do it.

So Europe would be looking at a prolonged state of economic distress and likely social unrest if we did withdraw.

Totally, it would have to be a gradual methodical process. There isn't an easy answer here.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wish I didn't agree, but I do.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Is the US in treaties to defend these other countries.

London is the finance, China is the manufacture and the US is the muscle. That is the world plan that the string pullers are going with.

That is the Globalist thing, isn't it?

Over and over we have to choose decentralizing in every thing in every way. That means smaller government, anti-trust, etc., localism, you name it. Anything that wrests power out of the hands of distant bureaucrats or big corps and returns it to local control is what you have to do.

Understand, I am not against those things to the extent they need to be actively destroyed, just slowly moved against. Stop working in their interests by pushing regulations and tax structures favorable to the large, favorable to consolidation and centralization of power.

But at the same time, you have to be careful. Lots of times, things get passed that are actually detrimental to the small and mid-range in the guise of protecting consumers, for example.

It's tough.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I fear the only way this will get de-centralized is when there is nothing left.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So what are they going to do about the obese non-binary white thing that identifies as a person of color?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

History says that is the usual way of things.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Wish I didn't agree, but I do.

Yup, it's kinda the great secret that many people don't want to face, as it flies in the face of people's vision of 'Merica. It's hence a threat to their identity, and even many of the educated can't bring themselves to fully look in the mirror on this.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

at this year's graduation, they had a speaker from a foreign country speak. (one of several speakers) he said, "we are not here to take your jobs, we are here to take your women [white women])

there was more from other non white speakers. it was disgusting to hear and even more sad that i paid for my kid's tuition to go there. lucky my kid does not support this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I NEVER was told in any history class that a president had said this about an industry. When a president sticks his neck out and tells us about the MIC we should have listened. Now we have to sit straight faced with boon dongles like the F-35 or the new "super" carriers. They are so far over budget and behind schedule it amazes me that people can defend them with any semblance of logic.

edit on 1-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I would make a commentary and then SUE the Pants off of them for discrimination when rejected.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

You can.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Sounds like your kids may not support it, but your $$$ did-is.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I NEVER was told in any history class that a president had said this about an industry. When a president sticks his neck out and tells us about the MIC we should have listened. Now we have to sit straight faced with boon dongles like the F-35 or the new "super" carriers. They are so far over budget and behind schedule it amazes me that people can defend them with any semblance of logic.

Right, we weren't taught growing up about the military industrial complex, true nature of international affairs, etc. Most Americans literally seem to have an 8th grade, highly varnished view of US government, foreign policy, and democracy.

With few exceptions, including K-12, undergrad, and graduate school, few teachers or textbooks will teach the unvarnished truth. I had ONE professor in undergrad who taught all about the US and CIA's regime changes, war crimes, participation in the Guatemalan genocide, overthrowing of democracies, etc. This, is why 90% of people don't understand what's going on. It's only those who either work in a field that forces them to come face to face with it, or a minority of truth seekers who do a lot of independent research.

We have to change the media coverage and education system if we want your average person to wake up.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I keep hoping and praying that Allan Fundt will one of these days jump out from behind a tree and show America where the hidden cameras are, so we can be assured the country has simply been pranked and there's not a subsection of America this phenomenally stupid and short sighted.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

He didn't just warn us about the entanglement of military and government. He also warned us about the entanglement of science and government too, or science being used for political purposes. We can see that coming to fruition these days.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: subfab

Sounds like your kids may not support it, but your $$$ did-is.

true that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join