It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evergreen State’s student newspaper includes no-whites-allowed opinion section

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Probably judge based on how woke the opinions are.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I would say that the gauntlet was thrown when certain commenters here keep showing up saying that you can't prove there is a widespread attempt to hate white people based off a few isolated incidents.

Those isolated incidents are getting to more and more dense and pop up a lot more frequently all the time.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wonder what the end game is for these colleges to use these SJW's as useful idiots?

In the real world we all must get along to make money for the real owners. The real owners are the ones pulling the strings and unfortunately, it works every time.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Wonder what the end game is for these colleges to use these SJW's as useful idiots?

In the real world we all must get along to make money for the real owners. The real owners are the ones pulling the strings and unfortunately, it works every time.

I figure they become business owners and argue with their customers calling them Sexist Racist Pigs and then wonder why they go out of business after donating 50% of their profit to their pet cause wondering why no one will pay $9.50 a piece for their gluten free, free trade, fair wage bagels.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

College kids being dumb. It's easy to create double standards for your own benefit, this is people doing just that. Eventually they'll move on, and eventually the University will shut it down. When that happens I fully expect a headline along the lines of "University shuts down black opinion forum".

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So you only have free speech rights if you aren't white.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you only have free speech rights if you aren't white.

Nah, they likely have a regular opinion page which anyone can comment on.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For this shIt heeled editorial yes. And no one sees a problem.

If we are to think about logical conclusions, what do you think is going to eventually happen?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

For this shIt heeled editorial yes. And no one sees a problem.

If we are to think about logical conclusions, what do you think is going to eventually happen?

Obviously a very racist "white-only" column.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If only it would go in such a vanilla and safe direction.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Like I said, I fully expect the situation to get worse. I just don't see any remedy for it what with the concerted effort on the part of the intellectual elites to demonize whites and justify hatred for whites among the POC group. Tribalism will undo civil society.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

LOL, great answer. Reminds me of the song, "clowns to the left of me, here we are stuck in the middle".

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yea, there are real social justice issues. And promulgation of more hatred isn't going to solve them, its going to make everything worse. The only solution for "social justice" is for the government to address the issues it keeps whistling past. But I'm coming to the conclusion that the Government is the root of the problem. I am also close to concluding that the US form of Government is possibly one of the worst on the planet. Its great for capitalism, but its becoming increasingly unstable even for Capitalists and investors alike.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

There is a quote from one of the Founders about the US system being suited only to a moral people (I think it's moral and religious most properly), but even so, only with moral, we can see why our system is failing rapidly. As a people, we are less and less moral with every generation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No doubt, but its more than just morality, its education and intellectual laziness. But more, I think, (suspect), the Founders never envisioned this form of government suitable for an Empire! My State government works fairly well and is reasonably responsive. But at the Federal level, its just an ugly, unpredictable and obviously failing mess.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

No doubt, but its more than just morality, its education and intellectual laziness. But more, I think, (suspect), the Founders never envisioned this form of government suitable for an Empire! My State government works fairly well and is reasonably responsive. But at the Federal level, its just an ugly, unpredictable and obviously failing mess.

The states were always meant to be the main drivers of day to day governance. Most of the powers the Federal Government have usurped to itself were originally intended to be state government powers.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sure, but it's getting to the point where social justice ideology is becoming hateful itself, which needs to be discussed more openly. This is slowly happening.

The reality is that most issues are actually class issues, i.e. socio-economic. We have a system that is sending money up the chain to the most wealthy, while for everyone else real wages have stagnated for decades, education is low quality unless you are wealthy or in a wealthy district, and health care is abysmal. Identity politics is now becoming the faux-liberal smoke screen to disguise this and divide the lower and middle classes from addressing the real issue and the oligarchic powers, which own both political parties for the most part and the elite of them.

So yes, in this sense, that is a government problem. But it's not an inherency to goverment. It's the corruption of our government.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Interestingly, your point made me think of something for the first time. Empire in this context. I think you are hitting on something here. We live in THE current empire right now, in this time in history. It's hard to run a global empire with 800 some military bases abroad if you don't have a strong federal government and control over your own country. I'm actually against neo-imperialism, so don't get me wrong.

The problem is, that a lot of "states rights" advocates on the conservative end are all for American empire, whether they admit it or not. They might not be able to have it both ways.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

See my other comment. I agree that in the real world extremist SJWs can cause strife in the work place. I see it first hand.

However, I do think that identity politics is serving a strategic value to those pulling the strings, as it is keeping lower, middle, and lower upper class people divided and not changing epistemic issues.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join