It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

He took a plea deal. Which means he gave up information on the higher ups for fewer charges. In other words he flipped.

Not necessarily. It could be that Flynn pleaded guilty in return for a more lenient sentence.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xcathdra

FISA warrants aren't illegally obtained . Nor can they be.
Forget this route. It's a dead end.

You really should stay off the FISA topic. You're woefully uninformed on it and embarrassing yourself. Par for the course though.

Not even close buy by all means, explain it to me.

This should be entertaining.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The unmasking is questionable.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh for goodness sake get over it. That didn't happen and people are really getting tired trying to explain it to you.

link   

originally posted by: ausername
He lied to the FBI?

Never lie to the FBI!

Unless you're a high profile liberal or a Clinton, with connections and loyal subjects throughout the various agencies. Then you can get away with anything.

Better yet never talk to the FBI to begin with...That way you can't lie....

Show up to the interview and say "sorry I don't recall that conversations" over and over and over....

What can they really do then? NOTHING!!

This amounts to nothing other that simple mistakes made in their testimony and the special council exploiting it to keep this dog and pony show going. Believe me when the FBI questions about the REAL crimes the I don't recall defense is always going to be used. Why wouldn't it be?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Your right gun violence is liberal speak I was trying to speak in terms they would understand.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You never bothered to answer who unmasked Flynn?
Why did that unmasking occur?
Was any info from the trump dossier used to obtain the FISA warrant?
By extension was Flynn looked at based on discovery from the FISA warrants?

Also - yes a warrant / FISA warrant can be illegally obtained. If the applicant is using misleading information to obtain in.

You guys need to brush up on law before making blatantly false claims.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

You forgot Papadopolis who also pleaded guilty.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The asshole asked for the oath to him I guess no one told him about that other oath.

link   
While I certainly think it is possible that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election, I don't think it was as in-depth as a lot of Democrats think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the worst-case scenario is that Trump was recruited by Russia to win the Presidency and paid by them. In this scenario, they would have worked together to use bots and trolls to manipulate voters. I doubt this is the case.

We do know that Russia used bots and trolls to manipulate voters in strategically targeted social media campaigns with the goal of getting Trump elected. However, I personally doubt that Trump coordinated with Russia.

As for Flynn, Manafort, and Gates, they certainly did shady things and should be punished. I don't think anything they have been charged with has to do with Trump, however.

Sure, I'm open to being surprised if something comes out that we don't know about involving Trump himself and Russia. Trump could still be in trouble for obstruction of justice for firing Comey. Other than that, I don't recall anything particularly damning involving Trump hitting the radar. The claims in the dossier are so ridiculous that it has to be taken with a grain of salt unless certain parts of it can be independently verified.
edit on 01amFri, 01 Dec 2017 09:56:26 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 01amFri, 01 Dec 2017 09:56:58 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lying to the FBI about meeting / speaking to them is the crime.

Ah, so lets exam human modus-operandi. Why lie to the FBI about meeting the Russian Ambassador? What motivated Flynn to lie and does that have anything to do with the original allegation that Russia interfered in the election?. Hillary made the allegation during the 2nd debate and on Nov 9th the MSM said the Russians are to blame for Hillarys defeat.

So, my question is: how does these actions by Flynn bear on any of the original allegations as above? Did this lying by Flynn lead to Trumps success or does it prove Russia interfered in the election?

The Obama admin allowed him to keep his security clearance and failed to act when Flynn failed to get prior DoD approval to go to Russia on several occasions.

This is an important detail that often gets overlooked. That tells me that it's probably somewhat common for former high ranking officers to do that, it's one of those on the books but often unenforced laws, that only becomes a "big deal" when someone has a political axe to grind. Kinda like Manafort. What he's charged with you could probably charge half the lobbyists in Washington with.

Not that that makes any of it ok. I'm against such shady dealings. But the standards should be applied all the time.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link a livestream of the protesters outside the courthouse?
I've seen clips but can't find a stream.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Well let's see now...after months of investigation, and millions of dollars, Mueller has managed to nail four people.

🎶 We've only just begun....

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I swear, at this point in time, if I had a baby girl, I'd be tempted to name her Russia.

link   
a reply to: face23785

Right back at cha babe.

link   

Now you're just being Silly...

link   

The asshole asked for the oath to him I guess no one told him about that other oath.

Actually he did not ask it.

Considering that claim comes from Comey i find it even harder to even entertain that possibility.

But if you want to get down to it explain why Holder made the same pledge to Obama?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Please cite the specific federal statute for "collusion".

If you want the abridged answer its you wont find it because there is no law.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You really should stay off the FISA topic. You're woefully uninformed on it and embarrassing yourself. Par for the course though.

Not even close buy by all means, explain it to me.

This should be entertaining.

I actually wasn't talking to you. You seem like you know a lot more about it than silly does.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

This is just the middle.

Ok? Feel better?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join