It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook rolls out AI to detect suicidal posts before they’re reported

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And God forbid you go post on Facebook this type of statement:
"I have Suicidal Tendencies first album".

"You'll Be Sorry" because you'll probably get "Institutionalized" by some "Fascist Pig" and lay there "Possessed" by "Memories of Tomorrow" considering that if you weren't already, you will soon become a "Suicidal Failure".

They'll turn you into a "Human Guinea Pig" "A Little Each Day", and though they claim you're a "Suicidal Maniac" you'll swear you're actually just "The Prisoner". Believe me you'll be "Hearing Voices" but none of them will say "Sorry?!", except maybe your's "Alone".

As your life slips away I bet you'll ponder that "It's Not Easy" "Choosing My Own Way of Life" in your newfound "Depression and Anguish". You'll totally understand what "Freedumb" is all about in "The New Degeneration" and why I prefer "Public Dissension" in a "World Gone Mad". So you better "Start Your Brain" and speak "Straight from the Heart" and give em all that "One Finger Salute" before you "Self Destruct", "No More No Less".

"What You Need's a Friend", and "I Wouldn't Mind" as "What Else Could I Do?" cuz man "The Struggle is Real".

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I couldn't help it, lol.

I saw the perfect opportunity to send an interesting message using their song names.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
People are going to game it for laughs.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Did you see Facebook is launching a messenger app for kids, free to use with no ads. I wonder what's in it for them?

I've been hearing a lot lately about AI learning to mimic human speech and behavior, especially through various social media channels.

Do you think the singularity happened already?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Where is the other half of “lifting the veil”?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I can imagine bored teens across the world spoofing the AI and causing multiple issues with ambulances and police running everywhere to check people.

Remember "swatting" where online gamers were somehow getting swat teams to raid other gamers houses....
edit on 19-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Never put it past the mind of a teenager to do something stupid!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They're going all out I see. Monitoring is not enough, they're going right to enforcement with this.

If you needed any more proof the whole social media/AI projects are designed for intimate, individual-level control, look no further. And our own vanity and desire to be heard and seen by others is feeding them - they've got us convinced we WANT to post on Facebook, and make Youtube videos, and search whatever we want on Google, and opine on Twitter, and share any old photo you want on Instagram no matter how private. And we just keep feeding them permission to take command.

Couple this with Google being in control of information access and the internet sans the darkweb has gone from being a tool of freedom to a tool of control more total than we could have ever imagined.

There's a reason people aren't taught basic programming in school - make sure no one has the technical skills to oppose their control of information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join