It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican citizen deport 5 times kills woman in California found not guilty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This story out of California has been in the national news a few times over the past couple years. This guy entered the US illegally has been deported 5 times. He shot this young woman out for a walk with her father. He's been acquitted of murder and involuntary manslaughter charges, as well as assault with a deadly weapon.

This absolutely disgusts me he should have never been in the country to begin with.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

To play Devil's Advocate for a minute....are we absolutely certain Fox News didnt just point the finger at him in the first place?

Immigration and all that aside....the dude was tried in public before he ever made it to court.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

If you get 5 tickets you lose your drivers license. This guy was deported five (5!) FIVE!!! times, and still goes free? OMG!

President Trump was spot-on in his remarks tonight.

Trump calls Kate Steinle verdict 'disgraceful,' says 'no wonder' people are 'angry with illegal immigration'

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
already posted yesterday my dear
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
This story out of California

Where-freaking-else!?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: wantsome
This story out of California

Where-freaking-else!?

California is full of "so-called" American judges and jurors.

As payback, Californians will not be able to deduct their insanely high state income taxes on their Federal returns after this year.

edit on 12/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You know we are all #ed when reasonable, intelligent people demonize the population of an entire state based on the media bias thats shoved down their throats ad nauseum.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Media bias? I don't subject myself to media.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump calls Kate Steinle verdict 'disgraceful”.

A verdict that was absolutely correct in terms of Constitutional law, is “disgraceful”...
It doesn’t surprise me at all that Trump would believe that.

President Trump was spot-on in his remarks tonight.

So your adoration of Trump supersedes your allegiance to The Constitution?
Interesting.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yes. The constitution was written by man. It can be amended/changed by man. It may happen sooner rather than later.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You dont subject yourself to the media? Are you kidding me?

What the # do you think ATS is but Media? The internet itself is media!

Do you subject yourself to the dictionary or is that too much media for you?

the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, magazines, and the Internet, that reach or influence people widely

Regardless of your stance on immigration, sanctuary cities or even the State of California the simple fact that you're demonizing a state with a population of 39 million because of your own media bias is precisely why this country is so #ed!

Here is some more media for you.....if you need help with the big words ill provide a dictionary link as well

two firearms experts, one who testified about the gun’s likely position at or below Garcia Zarate’s knees when the shot was fired, initially flying toward the pier. The other testified that several aspects of the shooting indicated an accidental discharge, including a single shot being fired, the ricochet and no apparent motivation for shooting. ww2.kqed.org...

More from here: Involuntary manslaughter usually has to involve the defendant to known or should known that his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others. In Cali it also needs criminal negligence. Jury believed that it was truly an accident. Details about ICE messing up before he got to San Francisco: But much of what’s been said, and repeated — about Garcia Zarate, and about the circumstances that led to Steinle’s death — isn’t true. Here are the facts: He didn’t have a violent criminal past. The bullet ricocheted before hitting Steinle. There’s no evidence he stole the gun. And federal officials missed their own chance to deport Garcia Zarate before they sent him to San Francisco. David Bier, an immigration expert at the libertarian Cato Institute, said nothing proposed since the July 2015 shooting would have saved Kathryn Steinle — including a bill named for her, Kate’s Law, that supporters argue would close loopholes in border security and immigration law that led to her shooting. Bier believes the actions of federal authorities did. “The only reason he ended up in San Francisco is that the federal government decided to send him to San Francisco,” he said. But in 2015, they did something different: Instead of calling immigration officials, federal prison authorities called San Francisco about a 20-year-old marijuana charge against Garcia Zarate still on the books. Bier of the Cato Institute said that has never made sense. “It’s really mystifying, and there has not been a good answer, for why they chose this time to send him to San Francisco when in every other instance he was simply deported,” he said. Bier noted that after Steinle’s death, federal officials changed their policy so that ICE requests take priority over local county warrants. But at the time, the federal Bureau of Prisons sent Garcia Zarate to San Francisco.

With no legal reason to hold Garcia Zarate, the sheriff’s department released him on April 15, 2015. He appears to have spent the next two months homeless, collecting cans along The Embarcadero so that he could earn money by recycling them.

ww2.kqed.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The young woman was killed by the failed liberal policies that let this monster go free in the first place. This is why so called “sanctuary cities” must be stopped.
edit on 2017/12/1 by Metallicus because: Fixed

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Taken from your source:

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, 45, was acquitted of murder and involuntary manslaughter charges, as well as assault with a deadly weapon. Jurors convicted the Mexican citizen of being a felon in possession of a firearm, which could bring a three-year sentence.
Prosecutors had argued Garcia Zarate intentionally shot Steinle, 32, with a Sig Sauer .40-caliber handgun as she and her father walked on San Francisco's Pier 14. But Garcia Zarate's defense attorney said the shooting was accidental and the bullet ricocheted off the ground and traveled about 80 feet before hitting Steinle.

If this is true then the Coroners report would be able to show this. though I think that since this person had a handgun to begin with is an item that should have been looked at. If the person was deported 5 times from the country, than how did he legally have a firearm?

This case looks (to me at least) as a case of a state legal system trying to give the middle finger to the President, rather then applying the law. If a white middle class guy had been convicted of trespassing on federal property 5 times, then shot a person with a fire arm (accidental or intentional), would he had been treated the same way?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I am not aware of a media bias seeking to demonize CA. I'm biased.

I demonize CA all on my own judgement.

I have faith that my judgement is sound and just.

Trust me! I wasn't a fan of the libby left Cali-forn-ia long before I read this thread on ATS.

Maybe it's the way they drive that makes me prejudiced, who knows!

edit on 1-12-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Worth repeating, and i'm glad you did. Illegal Immigration is becoming a problem, in your Country and Mine.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I am not aware of a media bias seeking to demonize CA. I'm biased.

I demonize CA all on my own judgement.

I have faith that my judgement is sound and just.

Trust me! I wasn't a fan of the libby left Cali-forn-ia long before I read this thread on ATS.

Maybe it's the way they drive that makes me prejudiced, who knows!

The People’s Republic of California was a problem long before this thread. They passed a law making themselves into a Sanctuary State. It is time to cut off all federal funds on a state level until they fix their crap or secede.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

edit on 1212017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump drools on his shirt. No one should listen to anything he says. Unless he says he needs a nap. Then they should take him to the day room to rest.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, as shocking as the case is... A jury has weighed up the facts and that's that.

It's irrelevant the guy was an illegal immigrant as he was not on trial for that.

Sadly thousands of people are accidental killed and injured every year by firearms. In this case the jury found that this was just another statistic.

If the politics is around illegal immigration, then it's unhelpful to combine this case and the fact he was an illegal.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sure, they could secede from the U.S. based on that completely illogical proposal.

Of course if they do then Trump and the GOP loses a little over 4 million voters, which is roughly the same amount of people that won Hillary the popular vote. So ya, please do continue to encourage an unlikely outcome that will only harm the Republican party down the road. I guess the only parts of America you want to make great again are the parts that unquestioningly believe your own political ideology even if it destroys your political party in the process.

Or, ya know, we could try logic and see where that gets us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join