It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto-Immune Paradox

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I have wondered about this point you brought up..

It seems that only skeletal muscle is affected. Specialized muscle tissue such as the smooth muscles of digestion and cardiac are not affected.

You are right though, permanent paralysis can be the extreme result of non-treatment.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have never dealt with patients with your condition, hence I am not confident enough to discuss it in detail. Here is the NHS page about it, it has links to British organizations which could give you more info.

The page says that complications could lead to difficulties breathing and swallowing, but please have a look so you can get more insight (insight I don't have on this topic, unfortunately): NHS link.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have an auto immune disease also. Key is diet and meditation for stress reduction. Go on a strict paleo diet. I know it is really really hard but try. You must avoid all sugars and wheat, bread pasta etc. Basically you eat meat and veggies. This will cause all you inflammation to decrease and i think within a few weeks you will start to feel better. Sometimes if your body is addicted to sugar like mine you will have a worsening of your symptoms at first . Also take ginger and turmeric supplements . They also help with inflammation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

The difficulty breathing is because the diaphragm weakens.

And well, it takes a lot of muscles to move that jaw around and chew/ swallow.

Again, skeletal muscle tissue.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
You should be wondering if your disease is not psychologically triggered.
Your "solution" seems to indicate that.

I recently read a report by a neurologist who said that "fibromyalgia" is directly related to depression. Not that it's an imaginary disease or anything, but that the same chemical imbalance in the brain that causes depression also seems to stimulate muscles and fascia to experience chemically-induced pain. Might be the same here.

In any event, if you can't prevent the illness, you can at least try to decrease or prevent the damaging inflammation. You can do that with over the counter anti-inflammatories or analgesics, as well as cold water or ice pack treatments. Another thing to try is the Perricone Diet, which ladies use to lose weight and make their skin look better but is also designed specifically to reduce inflammation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Psychological stress suppresses the immune system, so by the OP's logic, this should help him out. On the other hand psychological stress can trigger an inflammatory response in the body which can trigger an more robust autoimmune response. Really, so can eating badly.

I suppose a fine line could be found if one were vigilant but autoimmune responses are affected by a lot of environmental things, many of which are veritably unnoticeable.

I don't know that any of these correlations are so simple. All of these things are complex and interconnected in many ways that we don't understand. Intricate chain reactions.

edit on 1-12-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I started to develop some form of eczema/psoriasis in my 30's (most documentation says it usually affects children and the elderly). I wonder if it is something related to what you are experiencing? It stayed with me for about 6 years. When I had to start wearing socks on my hands at night so I wouldn't scratch myself bloody, I finally started to research. Nothing. There was hardly anything out there on what caused it or what the cures were. The only information I could find was topical steroids and possibly some auto immune pharmaceuticals. BS.

Then I started hearing success stories with a ketogenic diet. So I went straight into religious keto mode and also incorporated in Paleo. The keto is the majority of it but the Paleo is important because you don't want to consume any processed foods. Make everything from scratch. If you do buy packaged food, scour the ingredients. Learn how these frankenfoods hide poisons through the grandfathered in 'natural flavors' label. If you don't know what the ingredient is or how to pronounce it, it is probably bad for you.

So basically I started cooking everything from scratch. Grass feed beef to get rid of the corn and hormones that are injected into the livestock. Free range eggs that are produced locally (the yolks are actually orange and have a great taste). No more sugars and starches. No more pop. Maybe even start brewing your own kombucha.

It took about 5-6 months but my eczema/psoriasis is 98% gone and has been for 4 years now. I have dropped my weight from 208 down to 168 (5'10'') and I feel better than I have for a long time. I can exercise for 1hr15min periods now with full recovery by the next morning and it actually feels great. Before it was a constant struggle with a minimum of a day of rest in-between workouts. I would even say I am happier now (could be my imagination though).

I wonder if I was slowly building up the toxins in my body along with ageing and just hit the point of no return. I am actually thankful for the skin issues as it gave me the motivation needed to shed that #)(&*# poison.

Paleo/keto ... it shouldn't be just a diet, it should be a way of life.

Now I am researching into exclusion zone water and how it could possibly support body health. Something as simple as distilled or reverse osmosis to get the proper Ph/negative charge.

Whatever you do, good luck!! Maybe your issues will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
edit on 1-12-2017 by ClovenSky because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You need to subscribe to Dr Russell Blaylock's monthly news letter. I think its $75 annually. You will learn that magnesium (malate or citrate) reduces inflammation systemically, and that bioflavonoids do the same. You may want to try both of them. According to Dr Blaylock, vaccines prime the immune system to overreact for a lifetime. Some people suffer, some don't and the manifestations vary. Some kids get Type 1 diabetes.

Magnesium and bioflavonoids (like quercetin and tumeric but there's dozens more) are the fire (inflammation) extinguishers in mother natures medicine box. The are all natural. Your body cannot live without magnesium and according to Dr Blaylock something like 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient.

Curcumin, a bioflavonoid, is credited with the extremely low breast and prostate cancer rates in India, where it is so widely consumed, and both magnesium and bioflavonoids are extremely inexpensive.

I also take 10 grams of vitamin C a day. I don't know that it will help your condition, but it will help so many other things you won't be sorry you take it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clique777
You need to subscribe to Dr Russell Blaylock's monthly news letter. I think its $75 annually. You will learn that magnesium (malate or citrate) reduces inflammation systemically, and that bioflavonoids do the same. You may want to try both of them. According to Dr Blaylock, vaccines prime the immune system to overreact for a lifetime. Some people suffer, some don't and the manifestations vary. Some kids get Type 1 diabetes.

Magnesium and bioflavonoids (like quercetin and tumeric but there's dozens more) are the fire (inflammation) extinguishers in mother natures medicine box. The are all natural. Your body cannot live without magnesium and according to Dr Blaylock something like 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient.

Curcumin, a bioflavonoid, is credited with the extremely low breast and prostate cancer rates in India, where it is so widely consumed, and both magnesium and bioflavonoids are extremely inexpensive.

I also take 10 grams of vitamin C a day. I don't know that it will help your condition, but it will help so many other things you won't be sorry you take it.

Magnesium tied to a sulfate are used along with sulfite oxidase enzyme to create taurine in our bodies. Taurine actually helps to heal nerve cells and regulates osmossis and the nervous system. It also works to get cells operating correctly by some of what I said before this. We get some taurine from our diet. almost all from meat products. but sometimes our digestion system can't take it out of foods properly.

So to make natural taurine we need magnesium, the taurine also reduces inflammation and it increases energy in response to sugars. Magnesium is also needed inside the cells along with potasium to help with energy there. Like you said, most people in the UD are deficient on magnesium. Actually, the other things you mentioned in your post, curcumin and quercitin supply sulfur to the system

Or, you can just go get some red bull or a way cheaper way is to buy some taurine supplements but you still need some extra magnesium in your diet.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I recently read a report by a neurologist who said that "fibromyalgia" is directly related to depression. Not that it's an imaginary disease or anything, but that the same chemical imbalance in the brain that causes depression also seems to stimulate muscles and fascia to experience chemically-induced pain. Might be the same here.

Fibromyalgia is NOT directly related to depression. and there is no lab test for depression just like there is no test for fibromyalgia.

This was a thing pushed by the insurance industry for many years.

Most health insurance has a $30000 to 50.000 cap on mental health problems and the insurance companies used this to call fibromyalgia a mental health problem by linking it to depression.

Fibromyalgia is no more linked to depression then heart attacks are linked to depression or cancer is linked to depression.

Any sever health problems can cause depression and many do.

Plus about 50% of people DXed with fibro don't even have fibro.

Many really have small fiber polyneuropathy that was miss DXed as fibro
www.medscape.com...

I was DXed with fibro then within 6 months two rare autoimmune disorders that were known to cause small fiber polyneuropathy
It took me years to get tested for small fiber neuropathy because to doctors did not want to be proved wrong and that i really had small fiber polyneuropathy not fibro.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

PatientsLikeMe has a section on myositis, along with a list of alternative and adjunct processes that they are trying. The site doesn't strictly require you to join to investigate something, so you can get some idea of what people are using and things they think worked (or didn't work) and potential side effects.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Try removing wheat from your diet. It's FREE! (not simple though). Do it for 3 months and report back

top topics

<< 1   >>

join