It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Who would even read the Talmud??????

You people are bigoted hateful Jews are you??????

I would collect any religious literature, weather I agree/beleive it or not. Just a personality qerk. Not because I am biggoted or Jewish. I have a Jehova's witnesses bible (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures) and I certinaly are not a Jehova Witness.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Want to hear some????

Here goes:

"Just the Jews are humans, the non-Jews are no humans, but cattle." ----Kerithuth 6b, page 78, Jebhammoth

"Sexual intercourse with non-Jews is like sexual intercourse with animals."----Kethuboth 3b

"The birth rate of non-Jews has to be suppressed massively"----Zohar 11, 4b

and you can't forget this one:

"The non-Jews have to be avioded even more than sick pigs."----Orach Chaiim 57, 6a

Isn't that sufficent enough for massive burning???

As a Jew I am proud to say that I have kissed nothing but non-Jews.

Any Jew who takes this book seriously and with heart ought not to call themselves a Jew.

(Just one man's opinion, nothing to take seriously.)

Abraham

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry you got suckered into buying a fake Torah...but don't take your confusion out on us by spreading the propaganda.

The Torah contains none of these...and unless you never pick up a book, you know damned well it doesn't.

I scream anti-semitism at the top of my lungs!

Go be hateful some place else, this is a discussion on a composition of a TYPE of bible...not the "uncontent" of a nonexistent one.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
AV.

There is a Satanic version of the Christian Bible.

It is only a book unless you wish it to be something more.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Do your research Valhall and you will find that the Christian bible is not the "good book" that it is advertised to be. Most of the old testament was written after the jewish priests came back from captivity in Babylon and plagarised the creation stories they heard there. The new testament was re-written repeatedly by the church to keep women from having power and to keep them subservient to men. It was illegal in the early church lands for the lay person to even have or be able to read a bible so they had to rely on what the church told them.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
gg

You don't have tell me about the early church policies. And I am well aware of when the Jewish holy scriptures were first recorded in written form. And I do not agree with your addition that the plagarized...but we can agree to disagree.

My point was, this is NOT the appropriate thread to insert these discussion in. If you would like to create a new thread and discuss this, fine. But this is N.O.T.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Man Dude the Bible is a parable bible. Moses wrote in parable as did jesus.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
PARALLEL...not parable!

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
AV.

Yes, it is only a book of lies like any other (the satanic book).

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Bible is not a parable and there is not a 'parallel Bible' either!!!

The first 5 books of the Bible (The Torah) were dictated to Moses which he wrote down and was preserved on scrolls for millenia... It is not a parable book!

These parallel Bible's by now everyone should know there are hundreds of translations of the Bible in several languages. Some of the English translations are:
New International Version
American Standard Bible
King James Version
New King James Bible
The Message
Contemporary English Version
Young's Literal Translation

These are just a few of the numerous translations of the Bible. Look at the difference in Titus 3:5 when you which from New International Version to the King James Version...

New International

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

King James Version

he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Different wording, different verse structure, different punctuation, etc...

Hope it helps, Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
The Bible is not a parable and there is not a 'parallel Bible' either!!!

The first 5 books of the Bible (The Torah) were dictated to Moses which he wrote down and was preserved on scrolls for millenia... It is not a parable book!

These parallel Bible's by now everyone should know there are hundreds of translations of the Bible in several languages. Some of the English translations are:
New International Version
American Standard Bible
King James Version
New King James Bible
The Message
Contemporary English Version
Young's Literal Translation

These are just a few of the numerous translations of the Bible. Look at the difference in Titus 3:5 when you which from New International Version to the King James Version...

New International

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

King James Version

he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Different wording, different verse structure, different punctuation, etc...

Hope it helps, Tassadar

Tassadar,

1. Errrr, wrong, the Jewish historical records themselves state that the Torah was passed down orally through the Levitical priests for centuries after Moses. No hardcopies....until (darn it, now I'm gonna have to look something up...I'll fill this in later.)

2. Yes, there is such a thing as a "parallel bible". If you had read the thread you would have the definition of this phrase. A bible containing more than one (pick any 2, 3, 4 of the ones you listed above but, HEY, throw in Hebrew (for OT) and Greek (for NT) as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Oh, thats it.
I misunderstood i thought it was from some parallel universe.
Deep

LOL!! That's the direction my mind was going, too! I was wondering how far one would have to travel to get a copy!

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Tassadar

Tassadar,

1. Errrr, wrong, the Jewish historical records themselves state that the Torah was passed down orally through the Levitical priests for centuries after Moses. No hardcopies....until (darn it, now I'm gonna have to look something up...I'll fill this in later.)

I agree, maybe Tassadar should goggle 'Documentation Theory' to see the contary argument to Mosaic authorship of the pentacteuch. Or go to this thread and see my post describing the deal.

Link

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

Originally posted by Leveller
AV.

Yes, it is only a book of lies like any other (the satanic book).

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

Yup.

My Parallel Bible is revised by the Jerusalem Chamber at Westminster Abbey. I think they're the Church of England.

But I guess looking deep down inside myself it doesn't matter what the revisions mean.
The message is still the same to me.

As long as I can interpret it as the Word, it's cool!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
valhall. oops sorry.

BTW Sir Francis Bacon is said to be the mans who edited the Bivle. He was a FREEMASON. Handwriting specialtist have confirmed that Shakespears was bacon.

I was speaking to guy today that said he watched a special on tv that stated that christ wasn't the first born. He noted to me that jesus was the 3rd of 7 children. He mentioned that the investigators went to the vatacin(how every you spell it) and asked them why do you keep continuosly lieing about the bible and the contents there in and they basically said that the public couldn't handle the entire truth about the bible itself.

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by cainecrawford]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Do your research Valhall and you will find that the Christian bible is not the "good book" that it is advertised to be. Most of the old testament was written after the jewish priests came back from captivity in Babylon and plagarised the creation stories they heard there. The new testament was re-written repeatedly by the church to keep women from having power and to keep them subservient to men. It was illegal in the early church lands for the lay person to even have or be able to read a bible so they had to rely on what the church told them.

...soooo, I guess the original Hebrew scriptures were written by right wingers? The Bible takes no freedoms away from women- those who wrongly use scripture to hold power over women are to blame here. In scripture, women are to cherished. The often used argument that women be subject to husbands- only when concerned with the spiritual headship in the household. Women are not lesser or slaves to men. They are co-equal.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I agree with Tyriffic. The New Testament scriptures verify that in the early days there were even women preaching the gospel.

AND the very first person told to spread the word of the Christ (the first missionary) was the woman at the well.

The first person to spread the news of the resurrection was a woman...a couple of them.

Also, (and this is where I might start getting incoming flack). I have a new testament knowingly "compiled" (canonized) by the attendees of the Nicene council in approximately 400 something another AD (CE). There's plenty to be suspect of (read this as, maybe not so divinely inspired) in the outcomes of the Nicene council.

I have read many many of the apochryphal books left out during this meeting. I truly wonder WHY some of them were. I also sometimes wonder WHY some of Paul's writings were included.

In my New Testament I have red words surrounded by black. The red words I hold to be the author's best effort at quoting the Christ. I believe (personally) that God intervened to ensure that these quotes were as close to exact as possible. Here's the way I take everything: FIRST, I accept as the Christ's message, the red words, SECOND, do the black words agree with the red words? if so, I accept the black words, BUT I remain open that they may be man-made additions that should be set aside. THIRD, do I hold any black word above any red word, or even equal to it...NO.

Too many of the protestant christian movements have relegated the Pauline principles to those of Christ, or even above Christ, it seems. It is within the Pauline writings that we start to get the tacky little anti-women statements. I have no problem ignoring these.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm sorry you got suckered into buying a fake Torah...but don't take your confusion out on us by spreading the propaganda.

The Torah contains none of these...and unless you never pick up a book, you know damned well it doesn't.

I scream anti-semitism at the top of my lungs!

Go be hateful some place else, this is a discussion on a composition of a TYPE of bible...not the "uncontent" of a nonexistent one.

Val, Val, Val.

No, No, No

You must have misunderstood.

I didn't say, "Torah".

I said, "Talmud".

There is a difference you know.

Trust me I would never knowingly post false information. I have been taught that lying is a horrible sin. Not only a sin but a torment to my being. When I am lied to or when I have lied, I feel the worst of pains. So please don't think that I would lie.

If you go look at a copy of the Talmud then you will see that I am no liar.

So remember TALMUD, not TORAH. You See???

Don't worry though I can see how you would mix up the two.

They do look a lot alike. Try to be more observant next time.

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes, I did misread it. And I do have some exposure to the Talmud. Thanks for pointing out my error.

For the time being...I retract my statement

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join