It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Kathie Lee Gifford Forgives NBCs Matt Laurer - And Catches Hell for It.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So libs like her find it convenient to whip out their Christian values for one of their own but never for Trump.

What a ditzy dumb broad.

She can go share a Twizzler with him again,

edit on 1-12-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This seems to be the proper Christian response to a sinner, is it not? Kathie Lee Gifford seems to be saying that she forgives Matt Laurer the same way she eventually forgave her husband, the (deceased 2015) football legend, Frank Gifford.

To my mind, Christian forgiveness needs to come from the injured party themselves. I'm not sure there's a duty or right to forgive sins committed against other people. That was my issue when the Archbishop of Canterbury "forgave" the perpetrators of a notorious attack on Ealing Vicarage (apart from the fact they were not known to have repented).
So Kathie's attitude may be well-meaning but misplaced.

edit on 1-12-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now lets wait for her to apologise to the American President like a good Christian. I would enjoy reading that 'tweet' from her.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The Bible teaches judge not lest ye be judged for very good reason.... it does NOT say forgive not lest ye be forgiven for very good reason also.

edit on 1-12-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

That it does. Judge Not. So now what do we do about the corrupt Politicians?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

We let their corruption consume them..... if we can overcome the corruption in our own Hearts we have done our part.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Well said Harry. still, I fear for the future.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Hold on to hope and know that the prayers of the righteous availeth much.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I no longer believe, but, maybe you could believe for me.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This whole country is a bunch of hypocrites.

All of these "sex scandals" are the least of our problems, the country is falling apart around us but everyone wants to focus on character assassinations. It's mindlessness.

Not only are yall feeding a corrupt system where a mere allegation that someone brushed against someone or made a rude comment equates to complete reputation suicide - but each and every one of you is guilty of sexual perversion and deviancy in some form or another.

And on top of that think of the paradox, most everyone is an atheist or a religious faker and yall act like Puritans. Wtf??? Not a single one of you is a Puritan nor are you Faithful to God. Not one.

This nation has devolved into pure lies and fake-PC slime and scum.

I don't care if the lynch mob burns Matt at the stake, this is so much bigger than that. Yall are condemning yourselves and each of you is doing your part to burn this country to the ground.

Go look at yourself in the mirror and reflect on everything you've done, you lying cheating perverse thieves.

/endrant
#ImwithKathie
#WeNeedForgiveness

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am not Christian. But these are some of the most beautiful and heartfelt words I've ever heard.

Christianity says that judgement is the domain of God.

What we are witnessing are a new wave of witch hunts.

Welcome to Salem.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
"Righteous indignation is typically a reactive emotion of anger over mistreatment, insult, or malice. It is akin to what is called the sense of injustice. In some Christian doctrines, righteous anger is considered the only form of anger which is not sinful, e.g., when Jesus drove the money lenders out of the temple (Gospel of Matthew 21)."

"Then they reminded Jesus that adultery was punishable by stoning under Mosaic law and challenged him to judge the woman so that they might then accuse him of disobeying the law. Jesus thought for a moment and then replied, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.”"

Sinners casting stones at sinners for sinning.
There is nothing new under the sun.

And no, I'm not riding a high horse - it's a flaming motorcycle.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Christian Self-Promoting Idiot Kathie Lee Gifford Forgives NBCs Matt Laurer - And Catches Hell for It.

That's how the title should have read.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
The Bible teaches judge not lest ye be judged for very good reason.... it does NOT say forgive not lest ye be forgiven for very good reason also.

Of course, the whole "judging" thing has also been very misused in modern times too. It's very clear that we are to judge sins and sinful behavior in ourselves and others if you read. What we aren't supposed to do is tell people they are going to hell for it. No one knows that right up until the end because sincere repentance and the seeking of forgiveness can take place right up until the eleventh hour.

After all, if you are not allowed to judge right behavior from the wrong, how are you to ever behave rightly? And if you cannot judge behavior, how do you ever bring up your children, for example. It seems to me we have too many parents parenting from the place of never judging the actions of their children at the moment which is where all the horrible spoiled brats come from.

And, of course, that has been twisted out of truth too. It's more complicated than simply a fear of hell making you beg for forgiveness. You have to actually own and understand that what you have done in life was actually wrong. In other words, you have to take responsibility for your sins.

In today's world of blaming everyone and everything else for what we do, how likely is that?
edit on 1-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ketsuko

Defining right from wrong is something that we feel all of us should be able to do and yet I think God takes great pleasure in bringing us into situations and circumstances where we are unable to tell right from wrong. It appears to me that God loves to pit principles against one another so that we are confounded

I have come to realize for myself that righteousness is comprised of both polarities and where both of those polarities converge I see it as a river of energy and Only God dwells within that River and we can only hope to be brought into it when our own egos are lost so that we have nothing pulling us to the right or to the left and then we can be drawn into that river and not taken by a polarity.

Paul says that we had to be taken out from under the law in order that we would die to sin...because sin is the transgression of the law.... we must by faith except that he has given us a new heart and put a new spirit within us and that he will cause us to walk in his/her statutes which only he/she is able to define.... in the real world morality sounds great on paper but it doesn't bring about righteousness. Anytime there is a written rule that is left for the interpretation of the human mind we will fail of achieving righteousness. It is only through surrendering our wills and allowing the painful circumstances and situations of life to cut away things within us..that we begin to see both sides of every story and we find the exceptions to the rules.

As Jesus told Nicodemus the wind comes from where it listeth and no man knows where it comes from or where it goes ..... so is everyone who is led by the spirit of God.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
I still don't see what praying is going to do for Matt Laurer.

And no, I'm not an atheist. I'm my own thing and it doesn't have a name.

Modern Christian "prayer" is pretty much a rip off and watered down occult ritual that predates monotheism, going all the way back to proto-shamanism.

That isn't here nor there, but as I said -- I fail to see what prayer is supposed to do for Matt. Is it going to make him keep his hands to himself or his junk in his pants?

I don't think prayer works that way. How is it working out for people trying to "pray the gay away"? Hm?

Prayer does work. I am 100 percent convinced I am alive because of it. Releasing your faith and manifesting your will/gods will into reality is a powerful thing that atheists just don't understand because they have no personal relationship with their creator/source/soul/whatever you wanna call it.

Yeah I know you said you're not an atheist and you are "your own thing". That is something all atheists say. Let me guess, when people ask you what religion you are you tell them that you're not religious, you're spiritual right?

So if you got "your own thing" going, why bash the people that actually do believe in prayer? What's it hurting you?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

That it does. Judge Not. So now what do we do about the corrupt Politicians?

We get Caesar to do it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Render unto Caesar? That depends who Caesar is.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sounds like something I wouldn't give a # about.

And well, I don't.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The important things never matter, only the #.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join