It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Michigan Police Officers Here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi all. I was curious if there were any Michigan Leo's in here. I ask because I want to become one, but I need school first and it almost seems like a state-wide requirement through this thing called M.C.O.L.E.S. I have been told by many people, "dude not all depts need college". But it seems like any city here in MI requires you to go through mcoles, which requires school.

Does anyone here know exactly how it works in this state as far as dept to dept.? Thanks!

ETA: Ill do the school, but i'd rather not.
edit on 30-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am not sure but if you wanna be a cop right now move to Oakland ca as they will take just about anyone.

(post by TronaldDump removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Call you local police department or a local collage during office hours and surely they can quickly answer your question and provide other information that you seem to need.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TronaldDump

Ummm, we don't need any more " Cops. " The fact you are on ATS makes me think you shouldn't be a police officer either.

Also, the fact you don't want to go to school to be a cop concerns me greatly.

Take a crim program, Apply for MCOLES, and thats that.

Sorry mate.

I would love to go to school if I had the money. If I have to go to school, it may take awhile until I can do it.

What does being on ATS and a Leo have to do with anything? Explain..
edit on 30-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Hi all. I was curious if there were any Michigan Leo's in here. I ask because I want to become one, but I need school first and it almost seems like a state-wide requirement through this thing called M.C.O.L.E.S. I have been told by many people, "dude not all depts need college". But it seems like any city here in MI requires you to go through mcoles, which requires school.

Does anyone here know exactly how it works in this state as far as dept to dept.? Thanks!

Am in Michigan. I work in City Services/EMT/Police and Fire....Whats your "20"? (location). Contact me privately and Ill get you a job description/requirements for Police in Dearborn and State of Michigan...pretty much the standard wherever you apply in Mich. Send any specific questions.

EMT/ERT/1st Responder/Life Support
FEMA/Dept. of Homeland Security
Dearborn C.E.R.T
Wayne County, MI
Region 2 South

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Am in Michigan. I work in City Services/EMT/Police and Fire....Whats your "20"? (location). Contact me privately and Ill get you a job description/requirements for Police in Dearborn and State of Michigan...pretty much the standard wherever you apply in Mich. Send any specific questions.

Dearborn C.E.R.T
Wayne County, MI
Region 2 South

Dearborn lol.. If I wanted combat i'd re-enlist.
I'll pm you though I am up for a challenge.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Dearborn C.E.R.T
Wayne County, MI
Region 2 South

That one time when the mysterious stranger turns out to be a copper !!!!

Strange decision OP. Or not, given all things. Not sure whether to give you kudos or wish you farewell !!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

As I mentioned MCOLES most everywhere unless animal enforcement/patrol officers and Ordinance Officers.(tickets parking and traffic, civil etc)

Most require a 2 year minimum of college tech education, 1 year at least(most cases not always)L.E.O. classes...or experience.

When I get to station tomorrow a.m. Ill send you a bit more detail about your personal town and county (Mich State Police) as well...ie: Benton Harbor or Battle Creek posts.
edit on 30-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

No copper...just a 1st Responder out of the station-civic center. Spend all day with PD and Fire. My time clock is in the P.D.
My association is Homeland Security trained for P.D./Search and Rescue/Disaster Response (Emergency Managment).

Certified for both S.and R., P.D., and taken most testing

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

As I mentioned MCOLES most everywhere unless animal enforcement/patrol officers and Ordinance Officers.(tickets parking and traffic, civil etc)

Most require a 2 year minimum of college tech education, 1 year at least(most cases not always)L.E.O. classes...or experience.

When I get to station tomorrow a.m. Ill send you a bit more detail about your personal town and county (Mich State Police) as well...ie: Benton Harbor or Battle Creek posts.

That would be awesome, thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Not sure whether to give you kudos or wish you farewell !!

Well, clearly it was the latter. Man, talk about self-fulfilling prophecies.... creepy...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I was thinking the same thing! Weird...

Now I know why they say not to trust (mysterious) strangers...kidding.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

You can trust me. Imnthe guy who comes in the ambulance when you call 911..(I know you were kidding!)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Not sure whether to give you kudos or wish you farewell !!

Well, clearly it was the latter. Man, talk about self-fulfilling prophecies.... creepy...

Ohno, I'm doing again !!!!!1

*whacks coffee jar*

top topics

join