It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate Steinle killer found not guilty of murder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you sure it wasn’t because of the immigrants on the jury and because California is sending a message that it will protect illegal immigrants even if they murder someone?

I mean, yeah, your logical breakdown of the actual facts is plausible...
But surely our emotional anti-immigrant, anti-liberal conjecture and conspiracy theories are much more likely, right?

/sarc

Have fun with this.

Just pause and think though, if he wasn't here because he'd been deported several times previously, Kate may have very well lived.

There is no fun involved in opposing ridiculously biased conjecture from emotional people that likely wouldn’t even comment on a similar scenario involving legal citizens.
I also don’t find it fun to come to ATS and read stupendously partisan narratives to press an agenda built on back of a tragedy.

I actually find it very saddening.

Other than that, I agree with you fully.
He shouldn’t have been there.
He should be punished.
She should be alive.

And yet I’m not going to assume the way Kate would want her memory honoured is to blame immigrants on the jury or some grand Californian conspiracy to protect killer illegal immigrants.
Is that unreasonable of me?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This is our justice system. Now. In 2017.

It became a referendum on the plight of illegals and stopped being a murder case.

Maybe there was a "wise Latina" involved in the case somewhere? Not that I think she would have judged it wrongly, but when you have judges who make statements like that and they are in the judicial system, you start to wonder if this is how this travesty can take place.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
If there are any decent people with common sense left in San Fran, maybe they should protest this unjust verdict.

# whitelivesmatter

My friend ALL liver matter!

When we as a human race finally get beyond the self, my race, my tribe, my religion and realize that were all one race.

Then and ONLY then, will there be an end to tragedy’s like this woman’s death and this immigrant’s sordid life.

When this woman whose race may be different from mine and this man whose race may also be different become to me as if they were of my race then we will have reached the promise land….the Mountaintop.

…And sad stories like this will fade away

I agree with you. Sadly, I’m not hopeful that I’ll see it in my lifetime.

Having said that, what’s wrong is wrong.

This whole scenario is just plain wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

So who do you think should live in America? Just wondering...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Not criminal felony illegals that have been deported five times, that's for damn sure!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

And yet I’m not going to assume the way Kate would want her memory honoured is to blame immigrants on the jury or some grand Californian conspiracy to protect killer illegal immigrants.

At least you can differentiate between legal and illegal immigration.

/s

And who the # knows what she would have wanted! She's dead and her killer gets to walk.

That sucks no matter how you want to spin it!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well no kidding.
But why just Mexicans, why do people actually agree that all Mexicans should leave America. I'm intrigued to hear the reasons from all those who starred those posts for a call to kick Mexicans out.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you sure it wasn’t because of the immigrants on the jury and because California is sending a message that it will protect illegal immigrants even if they murder someone?

I mean, yeah, your logical breakdown of the actual facts is plausible...
But surely our emotional anti-immigrant, anti-liberal conjecture and conspiracy theories are much more likely, right?

/sarc

Have fun with this.

Just pause and think though, if he wasn't here because he'd been deported several times previously, Kate may have very well lived.

There is no fun involved in opposing ridiculously biased conjecture from emotional people that likely wouldn’t even comment on a similar scenario involving legal citizens.
I also don’t find it fun to come to ATS and read stupendously partisan narratives to press an agenda built on back of a tragedy.

I actually find it very saddening.

Other than that, I agree with you fully.
He shouldn’t have been there.
He should be punished.
She should be alive.

With all due respect to your opinions, are you not perpetuating the bias?

Many threads have been commented on in regards to crimes commited by legal citizens of this country.

So, I fail to see your logic even though your partisan side of the isle is slightly visible.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is our justice system. Now. In 2017.

It became a referendum on the plight of illegals and stopped being a murder case.

Maybe there was a "wise Latina" involved in the case somewhere? Not that I think she would have judged it wrongly, but when you have judges who make statements like that and they are in the judicial system, you start to wonder if this is how this travesty can take place.

Horrible precedent set. Has President Trump said anything yet?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: butcherguy

Apparently the gun he held, he didn't know it was a gun so not even Involuntary Manslaughter.

I thought his original excuse was that he did not mean to kill her, that he was trying to shoot a sea lion.

If that's true, then he knew he was holding a weapon.

No!
Don't you know that guns are dangerous and bad? He said the gun went off and shot her on its own.
I seriously think we need to ban all guns? this could become a new trend. Once other guns see that they can get away with this, we are all screwed!
Listen carefully to this part!
WHAT IF! nuclear ballistic missiles in our silos are aware of this and follow suit? Just think if they start launching on their own, and change their trajectories and blow up all of the US and out allies?
Do you understand now? We need to disarm right away!
edit on 30-11-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well no kidding.
But why just Mexicans, why do people actually agree that all Mexicans should leave America. I'm intrigued to hear the reasons from all those who starred those posts for a call to kick Mexicans out.

Hmmm... so, patriotic Americans want ALL Mexicans out of the US or, do they just want the illegal Mexican immigrants to go and perhaps try to re-enter in a legal fashion.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Skynet? Is that you?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dear god. Lol

link   

Well no kidding.

Cool your jets. People are pissed right now, and may be venting with a little too much hyperbole. I don't think anybody wants to toss all Mexicans out....just the illegal criminal ones, especially the ones being harbored by sanctuary cities.

We are hurting for the Steinle family and right now it just feels like justice was not done because of political and ideological reasons. He killed her. He should have gotten involuntary manslaughter at the least.
edit on 30-11-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't understand, shouldn't he still get felony murder, as he was a felon in possession of a firearm, a crime on its own. But while that crime was being commenced, he killed an innocent woman. Is that not literally the definition of felony murder? It is a felony crime in California, therefore the woman died during the commission of a felony crime (him being in possession) therefore felony murder applies as his very possession of that weapon was a felony in itself in the state of California. Somebody #ed up big time here, and heads better be rolling soon!!!

6.1. Penal Code 29800 PC – felon with a firearm
Unlawful possession of a firearm under California Penal Code 29800 PC is a felony.  If convicted, you face:
16 months, or two (2) or three (3) years in county jail, and/or
a maximum $10,000 fine.35
You may also be required to forfeit your weapon.36
Additionally, if you are a legal immigrant or legal alien, a conviction could result in deportation.37 For more information about how California's firearm laws affect aliens, please visit our article on California crimes that lead to deportation.

The courts literally ignored their own laws in this decision, and I hope that the members of that jury whos name are going to be public record are appropriately harassed for this derilection of duty.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I find this absolutely incredible and very despicable.

This was a deliberate miscarriage of justice and a perversion of the system that is supposed to protect innocent victims.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And who the # knows what she would have wanted!

Fact based, proportional justice? Just a guess.

...her killer gets to walk.

Given the available details so far, that would be based on a correct decision.
Constitutionally. Even if not morally.

Accidental discharge was the most convincing argument of the case.
& if that is what actually happened, I can’t say I’d prefer he got found guilty of murder.
That would be equally as unjust as him walking free.

That sucks no matter how you want to spin it!

It does suck. I don’t know what I’m supposed to have “spun” though.

link   

Well no kidding.

All illegals.

You can get kicked out of a movie theatre if you don't buy a ticket, right?

They have better security than the USA.

link   

Americans and lawful guests. Is that too radical?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well no kidding.

Cool your jets. People are pissed right now, and may be venting with a little too much hyperbole. I don't think anybody wants to toss all Mexicans out....just the illegal criminal ones, especially the ones being harbored by sanctuary cities.

We are hurting for the Steinle family and right now it just feels like justice was not done because of political and ideological reasons. He killed her. He should have gotten involuntary manslaughter at the least.

Well said!

Cool heads prevail.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join