It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate Steinle killer found not guilty of murder

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here's my thoughts and I know I'm going to catch hell for them.

He was an illegal immigrant. Agreed. But that does not affect the incident. His status had nothing to do with the gun going off or the poor woman dying. For those of you that say "but if he wasn't here then it wouldn't have happened" ... you can't use that defense. "but but but but" ... But what if she was standing 3 feet to the left, but what if a meteor crashed into the pier. You can "but" this into the ground, but it does not change the events.

The case had to be tried in the manner it was prevented. I understand and agree the outcome was not favorable to many people. But recognizing our judicial system, we have to accept the judgment. Especially those that scream and shout about specific amendments. You stand behind one, then you stand behind them all.

Also, the feds cannot prosecute this case on the same grounds. Murder is generally not a federal crime. (with a couple notable exceptions). I seen they are working on deporting him. That is pretty much all they can do unless a federal crime was committed.

Tempers and emotions are ramped up about this, but I wonder if this case would even be on anyone's mind if Trump didn't bring it up. Not making it political, just wondering because it was brought to the national spotlight.

I would like to think we all could take a deep breath, put our rational thinking hats on and not make this an "off the handle" screaming match. It's fine if you don't like the outcome, but we can't just go out and form a posse. Vigilantism is also illegal.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I mostly agree with your post. However, I don't think many people are using his immigration status as evidence of his guilt in this particular crime. What they're trying to say is, if our immigration law had been more thoroughly enforced in the past, he wouldn't have been there. That pretty much rings true. The counter-argument is always "well legal citizens kill people too". Yeah, they do, but why expose ourselves to even more risk by allowing additional career criminals like this guy loose in our country when it can be prevented? It just makes no sense. Except certain people need votes.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's a fair argument.

And I'll quote Chuckie the wise ...

"I accept that."

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

How about let's start shipping illegals, Out Of The Country! You're here illegally ,and especially If you've Committed a Crime You Have Too Go!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

1) this isn't about shipping illegals out of the country. It's about a man getting acquitted of a controversial circumstance.
2) they are in the process of deporting him. Moot point.

You have to separate your political ideology from the facts of the case to square it. How anyone feels about immigration doesn't apply to the case at hand. Your use of capital letters leads me to infer that you're pretty heated about it. I understand. But perhaps everyone using that argument should start another thread regarding illegal immigrants.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

WHAT IS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN DOING WITH A SIG SAUER PISTOL? are they not a high end high dollar gun? where i live if an illegal is caught with a gun its is usually a .380 or a cheap revolver. since he was a felon he didn't get this gun legally so a gun like this would probably cost a few grand off black market. is this guy a coyote a cartel member? typical crap come to us kill our people and get slap on wrist.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This isn't about one guy in San Francisco! This is about counties, city's, our Government giving safe haven, Too illegals who have Committed Crimes in the Past! Not just this puke!

edit on 1-12-2017 by THEREDUNDANT1 because: Are

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Kate Steinle killer found not guilty of murder

Title of thread disagrees with you. It's about one murder trial.

Calm down. Start a new thread about immigration. I'll meet you over there.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Here, there OK? You're right I could rant anywhere..... It's all relative...... Though!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Illegal kill's...so......talking About Ejecting them Is relevant...... No?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A lot of people seem to be attributing superhuman powers to this guy. "murder" would have required they prove that he meant to shoot her. Forensic evidence proved that the bullet hit the ground first. I don't think even the Punisher could intentionally bounce a bullet off the ground and hit someone.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think her getting hit by that bullet, was sh*t house luck........ Means nothing! She's gone and I'm truly sorry. Let's get off our ass's and try too make Sure less of this Sh*t keeps Happening!

edit on 1-12-2017 by THEREDUNDANT1 because: ***

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have one last thing to say about this horrific travesty of justice:

BUILD. THE. WALL. NOW. (I don't even care whether or not Mexico pays for it at this point.)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ignore all other things, ignore that he was an illegal immigrant, block out that it is political in nature, and the law that was called for cause of the victims death, boil it down to the facts.

The thing here is that the prosecution could not sway a jury of 12 people that the suspect was aiming at or with intention of killing the victim.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

WHAT IS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN DOING WITH A SIG SAUER PISTOL? are they not a high end high dollar gun? where i live if an illegal is caught with a gun its is usually a .380 or a cheap revolver. since he was a felon he didn't get this gun legally so a gun like this would probably cost a few grand off black market. is this guy a coyote a cartel member? typical crap come to us kill our people and get slap on wrist.

The gun was stolen. Please get acquainted with the case before you comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Ignore all other things, ignore that he was an illegal immigrant, block out that it is political in nature, and the law that was called for cause of the victims death, boil it down to the facts.

The thing here is that the prosecution could not sway a jury of 12 people that the suspect was aiming at or with intention of killing the victim.

All true. None of that is required for him to have been convicted of the involuntary manslaughter charge though. And he should have been.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What can be expected from SANFRANSICKO!!! I hope some of the guys in the prison take care of this injustice.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: truthnlies

Who live in gated communities where the only illegals they see are there to clean or cut grass.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Blame the prosecution for that. They kept trying to paint him as a cold-blooded killer who set out to murder someone that day, even after forensics proved that pulling off that shot on purpose would have been near impossible. They wanted the conviction of a big bad illegal alien murderer. They probably could have gotten a involuntary manslaughter charge without the prosecution overreach.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Am I wrong? He could have been convicted of any of the three manslaughter, was one!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join