It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

46 million 'slaves' in the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
One has to assume these are estimate numbers. The definition of slavery in this context is defined in the link.

One site says there's more slaves today than any time in history. (The population is far higher as well, but still, so much for an enlightened, progressive society.)

time.com...

As far as North America goes, I would surmise that slavery is far higher in child trafficking for sexual predators/pedophiles. They'd be easier to intimidate, hide and confuse.

I would add there is a massive increase in busting these people since the new AG has taken office. Irrespective of political bent, this needs support from anyone who holds himself human and with morals.

It is sickening.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
I would like to make Hillary my slave, is that allowed?? Can we give non-violent prisoners the option to be temporary slaves for reduced sentence??

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We are all slaves to the banks.

So that number is far higher than 46 million. You might want to consider billions.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

These some of the numbers arrested in 2017

steemit.com...@stevescoins/increased-rates-of-pedophile-arrests-in-2017

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

As far as North America is concerned you would actually be wrong. Children, while easy to intimidate, are watched rather intently by the system around them. Teachers, bus drivers, etc etc.

No, the most enslaved people in North America are the mentally ill and physically challenged. These people you can lock in a room 3 at a time and collect checks from, abuse to your delight, and rest assured that for the most part no one is even gonna come looking.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

So that number is far higher than 46 million. You might want to consider billions.

I know that is an attempt at humor. Personally, I'm still a bit shaken by the numbers and the rage still bubbles.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

As far as North America is concerned you would actually be wrong. Children, while easy to intimidate, are watched rather intently by the system around them. Teachers, bus drivers, etc etc.

No, the most enslaved people in North America are the mentally ill and physically challenged. These people you can lock in a room 3 at a time and collect checks from, abuse to your delight, and rest assured that for the most part no one is even gonna come looking.

You make an interesting point.

I'm reading a Tom Clancy labelled novel written by Marc Cameron entitled 'Power and Empire'.

In that scenario, the child trafficking is coming largely from Mexico and South American countries where selling children is more common. Connect that with the gangs from Mexico and it seems to be far more prevalent than supposed or even mentioned.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: eXia7

I know that is an attempt at humor. Personally, I'm still a bit shaken by the numbers and the rage still bubbles.

It wasn't a joke.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No surprise which countries are at the top of the list.

(post by tinner07 removed for a manners violation)
(post by tinner07 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic which is not each other.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Too many.

It really bothers me the Bible got slavery so wrong:

No. 1:St Paul’s advice about whether women are allowed to teach men in church:
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

No. 2: In this verse, Samuel, one of the early leaders of Israel, orders genocide against a neighbouring people:
“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

No. 3: A command of Moses:
“Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

No. 4: The ending of Psalm 137, a psalm which was made into a disco calypso hit by Boney M, is often omitted from readings in church:
“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

No. 5: Another blood-curdling tale from the Book of Judges, where an Israelite man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them:
“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

No. 6: St Paul condemns homosexuality in the opening chapter of the Book of Romans:
“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

No. 7: In this story from the Book of Judges, an Israelite leader, Jephthah, makes a rash vow to God, which has to be carried out:
“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

No. 8: The Lord is speaking to Abraham in this story where God commands him to sacrifice his son:
‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

No. 9: “Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

No. 10: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sadly, this is why I left Christianity, amongst other reasons many years ago. I cannot, nor will I reconcile the notion that a "God" told me to wholesale slaughter other people for his sake...no this crap is patently absurd, not to mention immoral.
edit on 30-11-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I would like to make Hillary my slave, is that allowed?? Can we give non-violent prisoners the option to be temporary slaves for reduced sentence??

That's a great idea! In a privatized prison system where human beings are already commodified it's perfect. There's no way that can go wrong!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I may be mistaking, but isn't that the old testament stuff there?
That doctrine was for generations before us.
I can't say I know any verses by heart that are written in the new testament though to say something like;
That stuff doesn't apply to our generation because this stuff here does. Except that Jesus died for our sins.

Poster above has it right.
Tell your boss to eat a turd and forget going back to work for him or anyone else for the rest of your life...
Unless you're a trust fund baby;
you will not survive without it.

Not pointing at anyone in particular when I use the word you in my stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was forced to work at the farm and at a family job back in the sixties and seventies. It doesn't matter if I made more money than most teenagers when I was only twelve, I had to work. It didn't matter that I had quite a hefty bank account for a kid, I was forced to work for that money if I wanted to get it.

I was a slave of money, I liked having money to buy what I wanted to buy so I put myself into servitude to Society just like a lot of people do. Society governs what we should spend our money on, this is governed by the businesses who advertise and convince people they need things. It used to be they tried to make us buy cereals, now they try to convince us that we need medicines just in case we might get sick. They call our differences diseases. I can't believe the people parroting this stuff actually believe it is true some times. You need that I-phone, it is a steal at eight hundred bucks, then next year you need to buy a new one again because it is so much better.

Everyone is a slave to the economy of our society one way or another.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
What do you find so confusing about a "God" asking his followers to kill people in his name. It seems like one of the main perks of being a god is having corporeal and ethereal assassins doing all your dirty work. That and the "sacrificing" of blessed virgins is just part of the gig.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

well, I guess when you put it that way....

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I tend to think of "God" like Morgan Freeman, he is probably a really nice guy until he isn't.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join