It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GUNS! Old video emerges of an F-16 shooting down an OV-10 during a coup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A video first appearing on twitter and now featured in The War Zone, shows a 1992 engagement where an F-16A loyal to the government uses its Vulcan to down an OV-10. The OV-10 looks to be maneuvering hard in an aggressive left bank, but is clearly no match for the Viper who may have overshot, loops back and simply takes it out. Shot from the ground you can see the F-16 hit the speed break to line up the OV-10.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I like the F16, one of the best F planes ever.. leave out the gadgets and it still may be a winner!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Looks like Ov-10 lost situational awareness of where the F16 was..

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Looks like Ov-10 lost situational awareness of where the F16 was..

I don't know, he was banking pretty hard and looks like he had lost a fair amount of airspeed, he may have had to go wing level to pick up some airspeed lest he stall. That gave the F-16 time to loop back and kill it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is I think the same video I found on youtube. I think it may be a different perspective though.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Looks like chutes...

I don't know, he was banking pretty hard and looks like he had lost a fair amount of airspeed, he may have had to go wing level to pick up some airspeed lest he stall. That gave the F-16 time to loop back and kill it.

Yes thats a possability..They were both low and slow..

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Yeah that was cool to see they at least may have survived. The second video it also looks like he knew the F-16 and his end was coming and maneuvered to perhaps stay on the field and not hit houses on the way down

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Great find. I wonder if the OV had just taken off and thats why the F-16 shoots past?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Think he was trying to either surrender or land...Dropping gear used to be universal sign of "I give up dont shoot me".

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It would appear that the pilot was hosing the OV-10 even as he came around.

The army has two outdoor museums at Ft. Hood. One of their aircraft is an OV-10, Funny looking bugger.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

It would appear that the pilot was hosing the OV-10 even as he came around.
The army has two outdoor museums at Ft. Hood. One of their aircraft is an OV-10, Funny looking bugger.

Ive seen a few static and come summer get to see them flying around all the time as CALFIRE flies them during wildfire season. Orange tails though. i wonder if they still have the rejection seats?

top topics

join