It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Simmons steps down from businesses after Sidney Lumet's daughter says he sexually violated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Russell Simmons has stepped down from his businesses after a report of alleged sexual misconduct from 1991 surfaced.

Jenny Lumet, a screenwriter and the granddaughter of Lena Horne, wrote an open letter to Simmons via The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday.

In the lengthy guest column, Lumet detailed a harrowing account of the alleged incident between herself and Simmons, a then acquaintance. She said he offered to give her a ride home back to her apartment in New York City in his limo. Instead, Lumet said she was taken to Simmons' home against her will.

"At no time that night did I say: 'Russell, I will go home with you.' Or, 'Come home with me.' Or 'I will have sex with you.' Or 'I have the desire to have sex with you'," Lumet wrote.

Russell Simmons steps down from businesses after Sidney Lumet's daughter says he sexually violated her

Well it appears that more and more powerful people are falling to the allegations of sexual abuse...I can't say that it is shocking anymore being how sexually charged everything is now days. From shows to music and many forms of entertainments.

I liked Russell and many others that have been accused however I dislike predators even more. Good Riddance Mr. Simmons.

Discuss...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

So is this the first time this person has brought up these accusations in 26 years?

alleged sexual misconduct from 1991

Key word I think is the "alleged" part. Not that it shouldn't be taken seriously. But I also believe he shouldn't automatically be considered guilty, which is a lot of what I've seen when I hear folks talk about these accusations.

I'm not saying that excuses anything, but it is interesting there seems to be an agenda at play here when literally, all of a sudden ever since the Weinstein thing happened we have seen dozens of celebrities/figures ousted for sexual harassment or abuse.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

So is this the first time this person has brought up these accusations in 26 years?

alleged sexual misconduct from 1991

Key word I think is the "alleged" part. Not that it shouldn't be taken seriously. But I also believe he shouldn't automatically be considered guilty, which is a lot of what I've seen when I hear folks talk about these accusations.

I'm not saying that excuses anything, but it is interesting there seems to be an agenda at play here when literally, all of a sudden ever since the Weinstein thing happened we have seen dozens of celebrities/figures ousted for sexual harassment or abuse.

You're absolutely correct they are just allegations. I didn't mention in my post that if the allegations are correct Good riddance Mr. Simmons.

He is innocent until proven guilty like anyone else accused of sexual misconduct. But why step down if you're not guilty? Just like mediation...Why mediate if there is nothing to mediate or step down over?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No. The accusations have been brought up previously. But the environment is different now.

It's too bad that leaders in the public sector are immune to being legally punished.
edit on 11/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: FamCore

No. The accusations have been brought up previously. But the environment is different now.

It's too bad that leaders in the public sector are immune to being legally punished.

Yea it also sounds like there have been other accusers In the past for Mr. Simmons. I hope he like everyone gets due process however if found guilty string um up!!

Politicians, power players, employers whatever. There is no excuse for this behavior in or out of the public eye.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I am appalled at how men in powerful positions have used this against females.

I use the term female to cover all ages, because it is rife in all walks of life.

I am glad it is out in the open now ..... and with this new openess I hope females

of the future will benefit, as when they have been taken advantage, it will have

effected their self esteem for many years.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg and many many men (those still alive) will

be wondering when they will get their comeuppance.

I have wondered about child stars of the past as many of them had led troubled

lives after, Shirley Temple didn't stay in the limelight? Elizabeth Taylor??,

Judy Garland and her daughter Liza Minelli both were drug addicted and attempted

suicide,Brook Shields? Tatum O'Neil who had many problems ..... Makes one wonder

edit on 30-11-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think that the fact *He stepped down* says it all....

Because if he admits a lesser offence the WHOLE sordid details will

not be broadcast and become public knowledge.

The lesser of two evils

edit on 30-11-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yeah I liked Simmons and Spacey too, but no more, since these act serves to expose such miscreants as reprobates of immense immorality

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

top topics

join