It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wrong' Theresa May tagged in Donald Trump tweet asks White House for apology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

unprovoked abuse.

it was not unprovoked abuse , it was a dumb mistake on trumps part. One of the many if I may add.

She said she is even laughing about it now . Its something that was blown out of proportions for no reason by most likely people with political agendas.

"I haven't been able to leave my house. I've been bombarded and been contacted by press from around the world."

Where is the outcry and demanding of apologies from the press? Oh yeah , thats not helpful towards the political agenda, so who cares. Lets focus on Trump trolls.

edit on 351130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 18:35:56 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

...it was not unprovoked abuse...

She didn’t do anything.
She was then abused because of the “dumb mistake”.

That makes the abuse unprovoked.

She said she is even laughing about it now.

And? Does that change the fact that she deserves an apology?

...Its something that was blown out of proportions for no reason by most likely people with political agendas.

This sentence does not make sense.
It was either done for “no reason” or it was done for a “political agenda”.

That’s just a heads up on the way you structure your arguments. Not an attack.

If I understand you correctly, you’re suggesting it’s a politically motivated topic, and not done out of concern for the woman who received the abuse.
I can agree with that.

While I can agree with that, it doesn’t change, nor contradict, the notion that the lady also deserves an apology.
Media bias is a separate issue that shouldn’t affect common decency towards a person who has no control over the way the media acts.

Where is the outcry and demanding of apologies from the press?

They should apologise too for this harrasment.

Oh yeah , thats not helpful towards the political agenda, so who cares.

I care. I’m sure others do, or will if/when they come across this development you just shared.

Lets focus on Trump trolls.

Well... We at ATS are not the media, so I’m sure we can focus on both.

The narrative you seem to be pushing that if people are critical of something they must have some sort of political agenda is quite offensive, to be honest.
Not everyone is a brainwashed partisan locked in a trance of cultish groupthink.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It would funny if it wasn't so deathly serious.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

For what and why should the press apologize?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

you’re suggesting it’s a politically motivated topic, and not done out of concern for the woman who received the abuse. I can agree with that.

Bingo, atleast we can agree with that.

They should apologise too for this harrasment.

I care. I’m sure others do, or will if/when they come across this development you just shared.

The development I shared was in the OP article , so it shouldn't have been a new revelation to you or the OP.

So where was the outcry for the news agencies that are really physically harassing this lady to the point she cant leave her house? Like I said, this is being blown out of proportion as nothing more than a political hitjob.

The narrative you seem to be pushing that if people are critical of something they must have some sort of political agenda is quite offensive

Not at all, However there are by far more political cheerleaders (both party) , than people that can think without their political blinders on.

My narrative is that this is being blown out of proportions.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

For what and why should the press apologize?

For bombarding her and not letting her leave her house.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Please don't what about hilllary me. At no point did I EVER say that supporters of Hillary Clinton didn't do the same, but this thread is about Trump's Twitter and a mistake he made @ing someone. Speaking of Clinton, I'm sure that she would apologize for mis@ing someone

I just shivered at the thought of giving a star in defense of evil hillary, but you are right, even she would most likely apologize, even if it was insincere. Trump doesn't possess the ability to admit that he's wrong so hence this idiocy.

Every single day this man has me cracking up...my face hurts man!

Comedy gold...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

On the flip side of this....isn't there something comforting about not having someone spit on you and tell you its raining?

Trump gets a lot of flak for his lack of honesty. Thing is, he's extraordinarily honest about who he is. Problem is, who he is tends to lie quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why is a apology such a huge ask?

Some poor women has inundated with abuse because of Trumpys cock. Surely a apology is a small thing to expect?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Konduit
Another news cycle about Trump. He's playing you dolts like fiddles.

So what you are saying is that every time Trump does something foolish or rash or downright idiotic he is in fact being very clever.......

Sounds plausable.

The only thing worse then bad press is no press - The Art of the Deal, 1987

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

A simple mistake? The leader of the worlds most powerful nation communicating with the leader of Britain? A simple mistake? For crying out loud.

Who cares.... I want results not twitter....

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

A simple mistake? The leader of the worlds most powerful nation communicating with the leader of Britain? A simple mistake? For crying out loud.

Who cares.... I want results not twitter....

Clearly, you don't.
Twitter, in a way, is a dream come true. A direct and almost instantaneous line of communication between citizens of a nation and their elected officials. A manner in which those elected officials can ask questions of citizens and get a real time sense of the pulse of the nation.

Your buddy is the first president to use this technology on a wide scale. He used it to help him get elected and uses it daily to express his thoughts and feelings to citizens.

Whether or not you want it or not, it is here to stay. Trump will keep tweeting and expressing himself as president and it behooves us to pay attention to what he is expressing. If you choose to not care what he is tweeting or to ignore many of the things he is tweeting then you, I guess' have that right. However there are those of us who understand that his tweets are a direct channel into the daily and almost hourly workings of the presidents mind and what we are finding, because we are paying attention, is a morass of mental illness.
So you go right ahead and pay no attention because you don't care to.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

However there are those of us who understand that his tweets are a direct channel into the daily and almost hourly workings of the presidents mind and what we are finding, because we are paying attention, is a morass of mental illness.
So you go right ahead and pay no attention because you don't care to.

I like how you write that our Commander and Chief has mental illness and I don't care...Funny how you missed with both statements.

I disagree, I think he playing you all up. For the left it doesn't matter they will do the "oh my God' on anything and everything he does..."oh my God" two scoops of ice cream...

"oh my God" he is mentally unfit!! etc etc to ad nauseum... As I said I look for results...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I did not say that you do not care. You did ,you said who cares?.
The mental stability of the president should be a concern for all not just the left. It should be a concern of the right also. The fact that so many on the far right Believe that his tweets are just examples of him being a troll and playing everyone in the country only demonstrates how far gone they really are.
As for results, I am still looking. This tax reform plan is not his, it is the Republican party plan. They only want him to sign it. The Republican Party has been after this giveaway to the corporations for decades and now they are finally going to get it it looks like.

reply to:

Xtrozero

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I did not say that you do not care. You did ,you said who cares?.

I said who cares about tweets, if we look at actions we see a different pattern. Trump wants to work with the left, has even done that when the right falters, and said he has pen in hand for both a new care system and tax changes. He wants change like all of us, but congress seems to have different agendas. He doesn't want another cold war like Hillary wants, he doesn't want a world war with Russia that it seems Hillary and the left is leaning towards, how is this the mind of a mad man?

The mental stability of the president should be a concern for all not just the left. It should be a concern of the right also. The fact that so many on the far right Believe that his tweets are just examples of him being a troll and playing everyone in the country only demonstrates how far gone they really are.

Once again your whole argument is Trump is insane...OK lets watch his actions...OK?

As for results, I am still looking. This tax reform plan is not his, it is the Republican party plan. They only want him to sign it. The Republican Party has been after this giveaway to the corporations for decades and now they are finally going to get it it looks like.

Really? Obama was Bush 2.0...you are naive to think Trump is our problem, or to think the right is our problem... Trump is the third party that both the right and left are working hard to correct so we can go back to the sheeple existence that both the right and left seem to want to live under.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
In fairness to Trump, it's an honest enough mistake. Bit of a pain in the neck for the lady on the receiving end, but there's clearly no malice. Donald should probably give a shout out to her to say "my bad" though.

However, it's not great that he's conducting even relatively low level international diplomacy in public via Twitter. Not least when his fact checking is sketchy enough to land himself in hot water twice within a few hours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join