It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wrong' Theresa May tagged in Donald Trump tweet asks White House for apology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not sure what is more idiotic?

Trump tweeting the wrong person , or the wrong person tweeted asking for an apology?

You are not sure which is more idiotic? That may be the problem. His followers cannot tell the difference.

That might be YOUR problem but I don't follow nor voted for Trump.

What he did was dumb, but expecting an apology for mixing up his tweet is just as dumb IMO.

I actually would have had some fun with the mixup instead of getting all hurt and offended by it, but I don't suffer from overly sensitive issues either.

People get butthurt way to easy nowadays.

How would it be MY problem. Trump stupidly tweeted this woman and hence has brought about an onslaught of chaos to her twtter feed. She asked for an apology. That sounds reasonable to me, dosen't it sound reasonable to you?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

A simple mistake? The leader of the worlds most powerful nation communicating with the leader of Britain? A simple mistake? For crying out loud.

Yeah, a mistake. Grow up.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Trump tweeting the wrong person , or the wrong person tweeted asking for an apology?

Really? You’re “not sure”?

You honestly think it’s “idiotic” for a person dragged into a cross-Nation political turmoil, causing a torrent of abuse from people because of it, to ask for an apology?

Wow.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As usual, president Trump is correct. Theresa May needs to focus on fixing her problems and her country. Lord knows there are enough of them.

Trump retweets videos of problematic issues in other countries.
Trump is called out for buffoonery by the world.
Trump tells people to focus on issues in their own countries.
Trump supporters cheer.

Logic is dead.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The "other" theresamay page is showing nothing recent.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A quick "I'm sorry" should be in order but let's not go over board about it. It was a mistweet not murder.

link   
The twitter police is unbecoming of a free and open society. Transparency was always a pipe dream anyways. Let’s go back to the politics of public relations, at least so that people will shut up for a little while.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: Arnie123

A simple mistake? The leader of the worlds most powerful nation communicating with the leader of Britain? A simple mistake? For crying out loud.

Yeah, a mistake. Grow up.

Condoning mistake after mistake after mistake seems more an indication of immaturity then calling out the leader of the free world for childish and unthinking errors.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The twitter police is unbecoming of a free and open society. Transparency was always a pipe dream anyways. Let’s go back to the politics of public relations, at least so that people will shut up for a little while.

I love the idea of transparency and even more the notion of the president with an ability to communicate to citizens directly. And vice versa, with citizens ability to communicate with the president directly. What a great ideal.

However the manner in which he is using it is as a weapon, a weapon to shout down opposition and belittle anyone who opposes him. He has chosen to communicate in this manner and his tweets should not be ignored.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How would it be MY problem.

I don't know you tell me , as you were the one that originally assumed it was my problem?

Trump stupidly tweeted this woman

Stupid on his part.

has brought about an onslaught of chaos to her twtter feed

Re read what you wrote again. Its a freaking TWITTER feed.

She asked for an apology. That sounds reasonable to me, dosen't it sound reasonable to you?

Like I previously mentioned on my last post and the comment above. ITS A FREAKING TWEET . no need to get bent on a tweet that wasn't even meant for you.

So no I don't think its reasonable to expect an Apology from the POTUS for incorrectly posting a tweet under a wrong feed. Certain stupid things don't require an apology such as this, if they happen great , but to expect it is another thing. Perhaps this is why apologies nowadays really don't mean squat.

Like I said its ridiculous all around including trump for making the mistake and her for getting bent out of shape for it.

link   

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the process that occurs when Trump calls someone out on Twitter. Once Trump decides that his ire needs to single someone out on Twitter, his army of sycophants on Twitter will relentlessly troll that person. Sometimes even doxxing that person's private info, sending death threats to the person and their family, and all sorts of nasty stuff. An apology from Trump would go a long way to stopping those people from doing those things (though I doubt it would end entirely; the damage is likely already done), and it CERTAINLY isn't unreasonable or idiotic to ask for an apology.

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It’s a pretty sad state of affairs...

I mean, when you visit @theresamay you can clearly see that it isn’t the Prime Minister.

It’s obviously an honest mistake...
But to not do a bit of research, twice in one day, causing problems both times, how do you defend such buffoonery?

I’m sure we will find out soon enough.

It's part of his master plan. Keeping everyone triggered.

Something like that.

link   

childish and unthinking errors.

i doubt it was an error, more likely a simple way to undermine theresa may.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
A quick "I'm sorry" should be in order but let's not go over board about it. It was a mistweet not murder.

Absolutely. It was an error, and a quick ''I"m sorry'' should be a normal response, one that I would hope would be second nature to us all. Let's see if he does.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As usual, president Trump is correct. Theresa May needs to focus on fixing her problems and her country. Lord knows there are enough of them.

Because America is a shining beacon of perfection and Donald Trump shouldn't focus on fixing "his problems and his country."

See how this works?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmmm

trump tweet

Hmmm

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Really? You’re “not sure”?

You honestly think it’s “idiotic” for a person dragged into a cross-Nation political turmoil, causing a torrent of abuse from people because of it, to ask for an apology?

Wow.

The really part here is your comment

cross-Nation political turmoil, causing a torrent of abuse from people because of it

Really? from a tweet not even intended about you you would get that much butthurt to reference this as a cross-Nation political turmoil, causing a torrent of abuse.
LOL

A normal person not suffering for butthurtitiss would laugh that POTUS incorrectly posted on their feed versus demand an apology. This is why Apologies mean nothing nowadays, they are expected for the dumbness of things.

edit on 371130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 15:37:10 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I love the idea of transparency and even more the notion of the president with an ability to communicate to citizens directly. And vice versa, with citizens ability to communicate with the president directly. What a great ideal.

However the manner in which he is using it is as a weapon, a weapon to shout down opposition and belittle anyone who opposes him. He has chosen to communicate in this manner and his tweets should not be ignored.

How many of his 7 tweets today are you taking into consideration?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Lol, the left doesn't want Trump to apologize, if he did then they would have to invent another story so they can display their fake outrage.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

An 'onslaught of chaos'......HAhahahahaha....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join