It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed director’s daughter accuses Russell Simmons of 1991 attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Dang...thats a big name stepping down from all companies apparently now. Again...must be some truth if this is the action being taken. There are some huge names lately.

source

"At that point, I simply did what I was told. There was penetration. I desperately wanted to keep the situation from escalating. I wanted you to feel that I was not going to be difficult. I wanted to stay as contained as I could," said Lumet. "You told me to turn over on my stomach.You said something about a part of my body."

edit on 11/30/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Your linky no worky when clicky

Something strange is definitely brewing. Odd how the flood gates are being opened all the sudden. [

At what point do we bring attention to common sense for safety? What these scumbag did is not justifiable in any manner.

However, it also appears that with SOME of these accusations its a case more of remorse about exchanging sex for success , than actual rape.

Also the MSM likes to make this only about women being violated but that is not the only case. There are many Straight men that have also been put in the same predicament as these women , but they are far less likely to come forward.

I know of one individual from a certain person in a position within the music industry that is in the know , about at least one incident involving a straight male being put in the same position as these women.

The straight male was told to do a certain oral thing to another gay male if he wanted to further his career in the business. Needless to say he did the job and got the job. I believe there is many other straight males that have gotten themselves into the same position, but are FAR LESS likely to come out and say it.

There have been already a few Male celebrities that have come forward stating they were sexually harassed as well but they did not go through the act but had to play it off as nothing or loose their careers.

Hollywood and other Position of power appear to go hand and hand with douchery at those levels.

edit on 271130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2017 13:27:30 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Dang...thats a big name stepping down from all companies apparently now. Again...must be some truth if this is the action being taken. There are some huge names lately.

www.foxnews.com... r.html

"At that point, I simply did what I was told. There was penetration. I desperately wanted to keep the situation from escalating. I wanted you to feel that I was not going to be difficult. I wanted to stay as contained as I could," said Lumet. "You told me to turn over on my stomach.You said something about a part of my body."

Long been rumors about Russell Simmons. He is known to frolic quite a bit with younger chicks too. Another major music mogul, LA Reid got fired from Sony earlier this year for sexual harassment, but it was earlier this year so it didn't get quite as much media coverage.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Hmm...anyone else notice how his not-apology sounded suspiciously like someone else's recent not-apology? Someone should really give them the heads up that using the same song and dance only makes them look even more like guilty #ing pathetic liars. Birds of a feather and all...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
your link 404d

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
your link 404d

Someone fixed it in the post beneath the OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Fixed link...sorry.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok. Here is my problem.

At no point did she object according to this story, at no point did she resist.

Although he seems like a real dbag she needs to take responsibility for not objecting.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ok. Here is my problem.

Although he seems like a real dbag she needs to take responsibility for not objecting.

Have you ever been sexually assaulted? And if so, was it by a person with wealth, power and influence, who happened to be friends with your very famous, well respected grandma?

You don't object. You do what you're told. Shame, fear, repulsion, anger, feeling trapped...all of those things are vying for to billing in your brain. You just pray it's over quickly. And if you don't want to scandalize your poor grandma, you don't say a word about it to anyone. That is the number one motivator for silence, even if your grams isn't famous, by the way.

It's not like that now, of course. But back then, there was still a fear of being the person who brings scandal and shame to their family. And if she'd have told anyone or made a scene, that's precisely what would have happened. He knew it, too.

Fear can take many forms. It's not about the physical trauma. It's about knowing you have to endure it because the possible consequences are bigger than just you. That is a sensation that cannot adequately be described in words, it is every bit as real as any physical threat. I believe her, because I've known that fear. And I didn't tell anyone, either.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ok. Here is my problem.

Yet he was quick to step down from everything. Hmm.

Bet he has more skeletons and this was a shot across the bow. He knows it, they know it, he knows Matt Lauer knows it too.

edit on 30-11-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I was somewhat on the same page as you reading the article, but the article just paraphrases the piece she wrote about the encounter. In the piece she wrote she tells him to take her home twice and he says "no," tell him to "wait" a number of times, but doesn't specifically say "no," but it seems like she was afraid that if she told him "no" things would get worse.

here's the piece she wrote

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Ok. Here is my problem.

Have you ever been sexually assaulted? And if so, was it by a person with wealth, power and influence, who happened to be friends with your very famous, well respected grandma?

You don't object. You do what you're told. Shame, fear, repulsion, anger, feeling trapped...all of those things are vying for to billing in your brain. You just pray it's over quickly. And if you don't want to scandalize your poor grandma, you don't say a word about it to anyone. That is the number one motivator for silence, even if your grams isn't famous, by the way.

It's not like that now, of course. But back then, there was still a fear of being the person who brings scandal and shame to their family. And if she'd have told anyone or made a scene, that's precisely what would have happened. He knew it, too.

Fear can take many forms. It's not about the physical trauma. It's about knowing you have to endure it because the possible consequences are bigger than just you. That is a sensation that cannot adequately be described in words, it is every bit as real as any physical threat. I believe her, because I've known that fear. And I didn't tell anyone, either.

I was molested as a kid and raped as an adult. The above makes it sound like she was a child. If you are an adult and no one had a knife to your throat, gun to your head, drugged you, or you were over powered physically, you had a choice. If your choice was taken away then you were violated--it was a crime. Stories where you didn't use your choice blurs the line and casts doubt on people who really were assaulted.

top topics

join