It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - Stop Embarrassing Yourselves, Again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I for one would be happy if this law passed. I travel a fair bit and the current network of laws is absurd. I'll just give one example:

Florida has a process where they will issue a CCW to non-residents. The process is relatively simple, you have to fill out the application and pay of course, but you also have to provide proof of training and mail in a fingerprint card. Of course they also run a background check. These are the same requirements that a Florida resident has to meet to obtain a CCW. When I was living in Alaska, I obtained a Florida CCW because a fair number of states honor it, that way when I traveled to some other states I could carry.

Pennsylvania used to honor it, and they still do, however they recently changed the reciprocity agreement so that they only honor it if you're a Florida resident. Even though the requirements for a resident and a non-resident are the same, they refuse to honor it if you're a non-resident. AND the requirements for a non-resident to get a Florida CCW are more stringent than Pennsylvania's! So you meet a higher standard than any Pennsylvania CCW holder does, yet you still can't carry in PA with your non-resident Florida CCW.

That's just one example, I'm sure other folks here could share more.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I asked if you had. That's assuming? OK, whatever.

Glad you survived it, or them.

However, each situation is different, no guarantee that the next one, should there ever be one--hopefully not--will go down the same way.

I like the option of having that follow up shot. Whether in self-defense, or because the deer moved just as a pulled the trigger. There's a reason multi-shot guns were invented.

You also ignored the multiple attacker angle, too, I notice. I assume there's a reason for that?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You might have heard the saying "One riot, one Ranger" at some point?

Same thing: one gunfight, one cartridge.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Chuck Norris, rides again!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What do you mean "almost" they absolutely do have an allergy to the facts when it comes to guns and they are basically running their BS right out of the Rules for Radicals by Alinsky playbook.

It's so obvious that you can almost set your watch to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Another example of the dishonesty and/or lack of research is how literally every article about the concealed carry reciprocity bill mentions the two recent mass shootings.

Neither of those mass shootings is related to this bill in any way, shape or form. None.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for the vid. Sheriff Ken reminds me a lot of
the range-master where I [alMOST] grew up in N.IL.
I think if there was a belt feed .22 rimfire from ANY-
WHERE he's the guy that would somehow buy one

Yes I'm a pretty old guy now, but enough of the off-top...
the chicken dinner winner of ten shots' time was still the
old guy with the 1911 .

What that somehow alludes to my spongy rat brain is
training being vastly more important than length o' hooter.
EDIT: re it's why I'm doing CCW training now: not to just
carry concealed, but to more safely handle the piece.

edit on 30-11-2017 by derfreebie because: RoboClarkCo. You can run but you'll be missin' parts

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join