It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - Stop Embarrassing Yourselves, Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Whatever. I was about done with this thread anyways. I can't stand gun debate arguments. Only conservative viewpoints are important. Liberal ones are to mocked and ignored.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not worth it
edit on 30 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you demand that the liberal media fire people for lying but the right wing media should do nothing about their liars? I'm not whataboutism. I'm following off of something YOU specifically said and asked for from the liberal media.

Republicans and the Republican media is just as bad a s liberals. To think otherwise is purely delusional.

Wrong again. At least some of the few right wing outlets correctly point out taking guns away from law abiding citizens does little, as criminals by nature don't register guns and follow the law nor has taking legally owned guns out of cities like Chi resulted in anything positive.

Meanwhile the leftist media bangs on about gun control when there isn't any legislation they provide which would stop these mass shootings or all the shootings which occur everyday in cities across America. No, leftists act like gangbangers will stop carrying guns if their ability to buy them at local gun shop becomes harder. Of course, the crips don't buy their guns at Harvey's Hunting Shop. They get illegal guns off the black market with serial numbers stripped.

Which in the end makes the gun debate one of the stupidest arguments we've seen, largely driven by the emotions of the left.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: underwerks

I just want to say, I lean left on pretty much everything, and I've collected guns all my short life.

And I thank you for saying it.

It will never cease to amaze me when a self-professed "liberal" is all for controlling what somebody else can and can't do, so long as it's this particular subject rather than that particular subject.

It amazes me the problems in society that could be solved through education. All it would take is a little bit of rational knowledge to get rid of the fear that makes people want to ban everything dangerous.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm for a nuanced approach. I want to protect the 2nd amendment but I also feel like having a few restrictions like universal background checks on purchases can't hurt things.

Lol, that won't help. That only focuses on law abiding citizens. If someone wants some heat on the streets, background checks don't matter. If someone wants to shoot up a school, background checks don't help.

Long Island essentially banned hand guns. It's near impossible to get a permit for one. Doesn't stop MS 13 from shooting people with handguns or cutting them up with machetes, nor does it stop the Vice Lords from carrying handguns while running the streets. All it does is make it that much more complicated for Joe the sportsman to get a pistol for the local range or Fred the father to get a pistol to keep under his bed for protection.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yep, and thank you for saying it. Education is, in fact, key to most things.

Thomas Jefferson contended that you cannot be free and ignorant. It is the reason why part of American constitutional philosophy includes universal education.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you need a binky or a diaper change little one? Is your tantrum over? Want to kick the slats out of the cradle a bit more? I challenge you to intellectual discussion and debate because once, a year or two ago, you rose to the challenge and actually provided as much. Lately? Not so much... but hey, keep on failing to climb over even the lowest bar possible time after time after time and maybe we'll reach the point where the bar is laying on the bare ground and you can shuffle step over it.

"Why are you calling me a liar, sir?" asked the bizarro alternate dimension Krazysh0t...

Well, it's simple, really. Name me one other Constitutional right which you openly support being subjected to compromise and ever-changing thresholds of freedom. The right to free speech... would you support exercise of that requiring a license and still have the sack to claim you're a defender of it? Freedom of religion... we've all seen you misuse that one in arguments against immigration moratoriums, so we don't even need to ask you that. I've seen you argue the various Constitutional infringements the Patriot Act, the TSA, and various other federal acts pose, so those are off the table too. Yet here we stand with you advocating for *ahem* "compromise" involving Americans surrendering and/or qualifying portions of their Right to keep and bear arms while having the idiocy to claim you are interested in protecting the 2nd Amendment.

Well, tell ya what, if you're not a liar and if you really do want to "protect the 2nd Amendment" then start by not suggesting various ways to attack the right. In other words, STFU for a change (and for a breath of fresh air for the rest of us) and quit raping the right while proclaiming how much you love and respect it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Really...

“How can we have a conversation about guns if one side constantly lies about the facts???””

Science when does anyone on the right EVER talk about the policy?!?!

Just for the record I’m not saying I am for any of this, just that this is the way it always plays out..

The democrats say they want to freeze the new sale of assault rifle type firearms, with a grand father clause allowing the millions already in circulation to remain perfectly legal..

The republican rebuttal : “they are gonna repeal the second amendment and ban all the guns before going door to door confiscating those in the population, “so they can better control people..”

A) you couldn’t literally find one example of ANY elected politician, saying that.. ever.. it is political suicide to do so.. any video anyone could point to claiming they have is either innuendo (aka “they didn’t actually say it, but I’m so smart I know what they really mean..”) or they edit our the question so they can pretend they are talking about banning all the guns..

B) no law enforcement body nor the military would be willing to do it..

So as it has been framed by the rightwing media, the entire gun fight is over something no one actually wants to do..

Repealing the second amendment/banning guns isn’t a real threat now and has not been a real treat ever..

And your pointing to the statement of one person, an elected official do it counts, but not one who has ANYTHING resembling a majority behind them..

That’s who is shifting big the argument away from the reality..

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I'm for a nuanced approach. I want to protect the 2nd amendment but I also feel like having a few restrictions like universal background checks on purchases can't hurt things.

Lol, that won't help. That only focuses on law abiding citizens. If someone wants some heat on the streets, background checks don't matter. If someone wants to shoot up a school, background checks don't help.

Long Island essentially banned hand guns. It's near impossible to get a permit for one. Doesn't stop MS 13 from shooting people with handguns or cutting them up with machetes, nor does it stop the Vice Lords from carrying handguns while running the streets. All it does is make it that much more complicated for Joe the sportsman to get a pistol for the local range or Fred the father to get a pistol to keep under his bed for protection.

I know it isn't going to solve every problem. I just said it can't hurt to implement those solutions as they can lead to saving some lives. I see them as more useful to have than to not have, even IF they don't solve every gun issue in the country.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

A) you couldn’t literally find one example of ANY elected politician, saying that.. ever..

Wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have no intention of talking to you further. You want me to shutup? Fine. I'll shutup. Like I said, I hate this topic of conversation because my opinion is never welcome and ALWAYS misinterpreted. Cya. Enjoy being "right".

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Do you need a binky or a diaper change little one? Is your tantrum over? Want to kick the slats out of the cradle a bit more? I challenge you to intellectual discussion and debate because once, a year or two ago, you rose to the challenge and actually provided as much. Lately? Not so much... but hey, keep on failing to climb over even the lowest bar possible time after time after time and maybe we'll reach the point where the bar is laying on the bare ground and you can shuffle step over it.

"Why are you calling me a liar, sir?" asked the bizarro alternate dimension Krazysh0t...

Well, it's simple, really. Name me one other Constitutional right which you openly support being subjected to compromise and ever-changing thresholds of freedom. The right to free speech... would you support exercise of that requiring a license and still have the sack to claim you're a defender of it? Freedom of religion... we've all seen you misuse that one in arguments against immigration moratoriums, so we don't even need to ask you that. I've seen you argue the various Constitutional infringements the Patriot Act, the TSA, and various other federal acts pose, so those are off the table too. Yet here we stand with you advocating for *ahem* "compromise" involving Americans surrendering and/or qualifying portions of their Right to keep and bear arms while having the idiocy to claim you are interested in protecting the 2nd Amendment.

Well, tell ya what, if you're not a liar and if you really do want to "protect the 2nd Amendment" then start by not suggesting various ways to attack the right. In other words, STFU for a change (and for a breath of fresh air for the rest of us) and quit raping the right while proclaiming how much you love and respect it.

"Intellectual discussion,"

"Diaper changed,"

Lol

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Keep lowering that debate bar, moderator. Making ATS great again.

Wouldn't want to be infracted or anything.

We (Executive management of ATS) have expressly stated on numerous occasions that members of staff do not moderate threads they are participating in. For you (a member of more than 5 years) to imply otherwise is disgraceful. Our moderators are all long tenured members first and may participate in any conversation they wish, so long as they don't mod in that conversation. You know this and yet you still posted what you did. It's very insulting and uncalled for.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I know it isn't going to solve every problem. I just said it can't hurt to implement those solutions as they can lead to saving some lives. I see them as more useful to have than to not have, even IF they don't solve every gun issue in the country.

The problem is those solutions do little to confront most shootings. So why even bring them up?

If people really want to challenge the problem of folks dying by the gun, it's how to get all the illegal black market guns out of the hands of gangs. But that is never brought up. Dozens upon dozens of inner city people will be shot and/or killed today across America at the hands of gangs and illegal guns and politicians won't mutter a peep. They offer zero solutions for that problem.

That makes the whole debate insincere.

Yet some teen, probably screwed up on meds, will break into his dad's gun cabinet, steal some guns and then shoot up a school. Then suddenly every politician from coast to coast will scream about gun control. That is not the real problem. It is a problem but it's not the one countless communities suffer from and deal with every single day.

When I go to the skeet range or target range, making it tougher for those people who mainly enjoy a hobby, should not be the focus. There's no fear at a local range. The focus should be why I wouldn't want to walk down the street in East Oakland at midnight. That's where the true gun problem would come into play.
edit on 30-11-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I think this just comes down to the fear people have about guns when they don't have any experience with them. All they know about guns are the mass shooting incidents and people in bad neighborhoods killing each other.

The reality is that gun safety and education and legal registration are our best defense against the dangers surrounding firearms, but there are still a lot of people out there who believe that prohibition of guns would somehow make society safer.

As usual, education would solve most of the problems surrounding the gun issue.

No... that's not quite true, actually. How can people "educate themselves" when the majority of public facing media is driving an agenda?

EXAMPLE: So... that flippin moron shoots up and kills scores of folks in a church in Texas a few weeks back. We know, because it was repeated on a loop, that he used a Ruger AR-15 variant as part of his rampage.

He was stopped, by another man with a rifle... a rifle, by all news accounts... described as "his rifle" and also "his own rifle". So... what kind of rifle was it? Most folks, including me, figured it must have been a standard hunting rifle of some kind. NOPE.

It was an AR-15. After the confusion of the first day, typical as facts settle into confirmation... it was STILL an AR-15. It was ALWAYS an AR-15. But to media... it remained "his rifle" or "his own rifle".

I challenge anyone who doesn't think mainstream media has an agenda and a bias, to find an account by "Big Media" (Mainstream Media) that clearly says the guy who intervened was carrying an AR-15 Rifle to confront the shooter.

Bless his heart... that citizen is pretty devastated. One takeaway from the detailed video of the man who intervened, was he had NO loaded magazines... and his rifle was locked in a safe.

Okay... locked in a safe is one thing. I'll bet dollars to donuts he keeps loaded magazines in his safe with his rifle from now on.

When the perp crashed his SUV and they pulled up and he leveled his sites on the shooters vehicle... he had 2 rounds left... one in the plug... and one in the mag. That whole deal could have gone very very wrong from there. Good thing he was a good shot at the beginning of the confrontation.

But I digress...

The heroic citizen used an AR-15... someone show me where mainstream media made a point to share that obvious fact, within the first few days following the event.
edit on 30-11-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie white tailed deer...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

It's very insulting and uncalled for.

Yeah? Well so was that moderator's behavior towards me. Furthermore, if I did something wrong how about U2Uing me instead or infracting me? But hey let's make it a public spectacle instead.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Regnor
Oh I didn't realize Gail Collins represents all liberal media.

I was thinking the same thing. If the OP is demanding such nuance in the gun debate, how about he stop using the some to all fallacy to describe the liberal media using one source?

There are TONS are articles written. If you'd like I can make another thread listing all the articles written by the liberal media where they present lies and misinformation about guns and gun policy.

But that is not this thread.

That would be one of the longest threads ever posted on ATS.

You could keep it down to one page, by just listing all the mainstream media articles that got all the facts right, regards firearms.

Sad but true. Hell, the only time media will report on citizens using guns to prevent crime is when they have access to the gunplay video... which, in that case... "if it bleeds it leads" is allowed to trump their preferred "gun nuts" narrative because it's such a draw for viewers.

People LOVE seeing the "bad guy" get his. Hmm... I guess they love seeing the good guys get it too.

Media = whores
edit on 30-11-2017 by dasman888 because: pill bug zombies

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You made a false implication in a public thread. I determined that it needed a public refutation.

As this incident has now been resolved there will be no more replies to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Whatever. I was about done with this thread anyways. I can't stand gun debate arguments. Only conservative viewpoints are important. Liberal ones are to mocked and ignored.

I agree with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

No... that's not quite true, actually. How can people "educate themselves" when the majority of public facing media is driving an agenda?

Take a gun safety course, buy a gun, go to the range, talk to other gun owners. What a person shouldn't do is allow any type of news media to make their mind up for them about something they can have personal experience with.

Maybe we should have a gun education week in America where people volunteer to teach safety or something like that? Really, I have no idea. I'd prefer people to just stop being stupid and educate themselves, but I realize that's wishful thinking.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join