It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - Stop Embarrassing Yourselves, Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's almost like the liberal media has an allergy to facts when it comes to guns.

Here's a piece by NYT political columnist Gail Collins:
Oh Lord, Now the Gun Thing’s Back

Before I unpack this garbage let me give you a bit of context. Recently a concealed carry reciprocity bill passed in the House. This bill is designed to end the hodgepodge of CCW reciprocity agreements and make it uniform. These reciprocity agreements have contributed in turning otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals. People like Shaneen Allen.

Ok, so now that you have some background here, let's move on to the NYT liberal columnist who had this to say:

The House Judiciary Committee just voted to make it impossible for a state to always keep people convicted of violent offenses from carrying concealed weapons.

If you have a CCW permit you are less likely than the cops to commit a crime with a firearm, or crime at all. Additionally, if you live in a Constitutional Carry state(permitless carry) you STILL have to meet the federal requirements for possession of a firearm.

So, how are we suppose to talk about these policies in any meaningful way when one side consistently lies about the topic or outright refuse to educate themselves on the laws, policies, procedures, and other factors involved with firearms? This is the FIRST PARAGRAPH of the piece written by Ms. Collins.

There's a whole lot more lies and misinformation in Ms. Collins column. Which seems to be all the liberal media have when it comes to this issue. More lies, more misinformation, and plenty of people willing to swallow it.

Stop embarrassing yourselves...AGAIN.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They do not care about facts. Their feelings says guns are bad, because they "HATE" Guns.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh I didn't realize Gail Collins represents all liberal media.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think this just comes down to the fear people have about guns when they don't have any experience with them. All they know about guns are the mass shooting incidents and people in bad neighborhoods killing each other.

The reality is that gun safety and education and legal registration are our best defense against the dangers surrounding firearms, but there are still a lot of people out there who believe that prohibition of guns would somehow make society safer.

As usual, education would solve most of the problems surrounding the gun issue.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

I was thinking the same thing. If the OP is demanding such nuance in the gun debate, how about he stop using the some to all fallacy to describe the liberal media using one source?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh please, not this crap again.

The Liberal media pushes this kind of garbage about guns and gun laws all the time. It is demonstrable that support for the second amendment among liberals hovers at around 20%, and their policy making support reflects how the media portrays this issue.

It is a FACT that the media is generally liberal. It is also a fact that the media pushes gun control. This is just another example.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I was thinking the same thing. If the OP is demanding such nuance in the gun debate, how about he stop using the some to all fallacy to describe the liberal media using one source?

There are TONS are articles written. If you'd like I can make another thread listing all the articles written by the liberal media where they present lies and misinformation about guns and gun policy.

But that is not this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Oh please, not this crap again.

The Liberal media pushes this kind of garbage about guns and gun laws all the time. It is demonstrable that support for the second amendment among liberals hovers at around 20%, and their policy making support reflects how the media portrays this issue.

You made that statistic up on the spot.
Opinions on Gun Policy and the 2016 Campaign

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ok. I'll settle for just picking apart the claims you pulled out of your ass instead. After all, we want the media to stop embarrassing themselves with lies right? That includes the people reporting in ATS too, imo.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ok. I'll settle for just picking apart the claims you pulled out of your ass instead.

This ought to be good:

Which ones?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

2 posts above yours. Check it out.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

They do not care about facts. Their feelings says guns are bad, because they "HATE" Guns.

That's staggeringly misrepresenting the other side of the argument.

Their feelings say guns are bad because tens of thousands of innocent women, men, and children keep getting slaughtered in mass shootings.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I didn't

You need to learn how to parse data.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Seriously. This thread is demanding that the left pay attention to nuance regarding the right's arguments while stereotyping the left's beliefs.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Their feelings say guns are bad because tens of thousands of innocent women, men, and children keep getting slaughtered in mass shootings.

Yeah...No that's not how that works.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Seriously. This thread is demanding that the left pay attention to nuance regarding the right's arguments while stereotyping the left's beliefs.

The lefts beliefs are demonstrable, as I have done.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I didn't

You need to learn how to parse data.

1) You didn't post any data until now
2) That isn't parseable data. It is a line graph.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just admit you were wrong.
Dictionary

edit on Nov 30th 2017 by Djarums because: something in nested quote botched formatting

edit on Nov 30th 2017 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just want to say, I lean left on pretty much everything, and I've collected guns all my short life.

Not every left leaning person grew up in the city being indoctrinated by liberal whatever (schools, parents, whatever the target is today). I'm from the country. I've been shooting since before I can remember. I just wanted to say to the OP that painting this as an "all liberals want to take your guns" thing isn't true. Though I can understand why you would think that using MSM as a source.

We exist. We're out here. And we support your 2nd Amendment constitutional rights. People just need to be educated. A gun is a tool, nothing more. You can build a house with a hammer or you can tear one down.

It's about educating the person, not banning the tool used.

My 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's why you shouldn't rely on feelings in a debate, particularly when it's a debate about constitutional rights.

About a thousand people have been killed in mass shootings in a 50 year span.

Boy that number seems low, doesn't it? Well, yea. Because that article took all of the domestic violence and gangland killings out of their data. Those two segments being the ones that make up the vast majority of gun violence victims.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join