It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Matt Lauer supporters now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how when these stories first break many of the same things are being regurgitated:

Why are all these people coming out of the woodwork now?
~ Nope, there are reports that a woman was assaulted in 2002 and filed a complaint then that "went on deaf ears"
In every case there has been someone that has filed a complaint or sued, but people don't want to believe facts. Yes even in Bill Cosbys case a woman sued him decades before these incidents were made public.

Gold Diggers?
~ Nope, these ladies just wanted to do their job without being sent sex toys. Yes

These women asked for it?
~ Nope, who asks for a pinch on the rear, or comments when they bend over. Imagine if that was done every time a man bent over.

Why is he being fired, these women could be telling lies?
"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed." Matt Lauer

So please, when more stories come out like these, do us all a favor and shut the pie hole until we hear more details, and there will be details. Anyone that thinks NBC would fire its top guy without solid proof, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ladies, we know these stories may stop a few, but we have to make a stand against these guys. If someone sends you a sex toy at work, complain, if that doesn't work, post it on Facebook. Many of these reports also allude to rape. This is not just about ladies, we need the good men to stand up too. Someday this will be your wife, your daughter, your mom, your grandmother.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Not only this.

But someone (not me) needs to go through his reporting over the years through the lens that he is a sexual predator.

I remember he defended Bill Clinton and said negative things about Monica Lewinsky.

What did he say about the Judge Roy Moore things?

How many others stories did he slant in favor of his sick lifestyle?

The hypocrisy is sure to be staggering.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You should watch his interview with Bill O'reilly. It's hilarious considering what has happened to him.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I sometimes wonder if people who get alot of power start thinking they can go beyond normal boundries because of the power they have.

Also, to me personally, if you are left leaning you will usually be the type of person who leans atheist and think that we are all just pieces of meat and nothing really matters because life is pointless and no one has a soul.

When you get to that point philosophically, what is the reason for morality? Why can't you just have what you want? I think these people are getting lost in all of that. They aren't thinking of the other persons feeling because after all their feelings are nothing but a bunch of chemical reactions. What do they matter? Right?

That and the really weird and ramped up and out of control hyper sexualization of EVERYTHING keeps pushing this message that gonads are all that matter.

The western world is a sad pathetic world these days. I hope it gets better.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Yes I think you are right, it is not just hollywood, it is all people in power, corporations, government etc. The really sad thing is that these people can get their kicks easily elsewhere but they want that power. They want to push the limits. Matt Lauer had a door lock button inside his office, one has to wonder why on earth would anyone need that other than to trap someone!

It is also not just about men, I am a woman and I had a female (gay) boss come on to me at work. It was just as innappropriate.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let's not forget (during the 3-6 months this will be a news fad) that there are 2 sides to every coin and women have also been

known to lie and make false accusations of rape that have ruined men's lives.

Some of these allegations that have come up have been outright hoaxes (like Neil DeGrasse Tyson) or way overblown (Garrison Keillor touching a woman's back) even though there are some real reports (Weinstein,Cosby, et al).

So before you let yourselves get all worked up in moral outrage over the latest fidget-spinner of a news cycle remember that nobody cares that much about breast feeding or trannies in the bathroom lately.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I don't think this is a fad, I think this is an iceburg just showing it's tip.

Neil Tyson - accused of raping a grad student, not sure how this is seen as a hoax?

Garrison Keillor - not just back touching, it was alleged that he had groped dozens of female fans

Again, yes some women lie, and those that do deserve jail time,
but these stations aren't firing people because of one accusation (unless there is solid proof)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Going after President Trump because he tweeted something, again.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Why are all these people coming out of the woodwork now?

What's your point? New allegations come to light, and people stop defending somebody. That seems reasonable and logical.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Imagine if that was done every time a man bent over.

I know a lot men who are supporting a beard and a pot belly will not understand this.

Women are 10x worse in sexual harassing men when it comes to a guy supporting a rock hard body.

edit on 30-11-2017 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Men want to know why women are just now starting to say something. I'm saying, they've been saying it all along, it is not new. The media is just making it "new". Many of these women filed complaints years ago, and for most cases there were multiple cases over many years.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Men want to know why women are just now starting to say something. I'm saying, they've been saying it all along, it is not new. The media is just making it "new". Many of these women filed complaints years ago, and for most cases there were multiple cases over many years.

Well, news is certainly cyclical and provocative because it needs eyeballs and clicks to support itself. I wonder what the next "hot" news item will be?

top topics

join