It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon anomalies Apollo 16 Crew Photos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The photos on the NASA website are in chronological order also.
edit on 30-11-2017 by mikos123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
lol, not in the distance just tricking your eyes, plus just look at the rest of the images of this area and mission

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
lol, not in the distance just tricking your eyes, plus just look at the rest of the images of this area and mission

I am not disputing that - but I dont think it is the ALSEP equipment because of the mission report and the sequence the photos were taken. If they sequence is accurate, and it should be its from NASA, then there shouldn't be anything resembling what is in the photo.

ALSEP is most likely explanation, I agree with that, but as I put just now, it shouldnt be there yet.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212

The source website (NASA) explains the sequence and they are taken from the same magazine also so they are definitely taken prior to the ALSEP deployment.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: mikos123

Their mission was to explore the moon...I don't see them having a pow wow around the lander the entire trip. Question would be how long would their O2 tanks last for and could they make the trip way out there and come back in time?

... and the fact that there is a wheeled lunar rover in the foreground hadn't occurred to you?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The images were taken in EVA-2 . The ALSEP was deployed in EVA-1.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
its one of the many "stuff" they put there
likely the sun reflector experiment

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

we have an winner
hoax bin time?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikos123

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
The images are taken uphill looking towards the ALSEP site.

In this image

www.hq.nasa.gov...

you can see an orange marker on top of a pole - here's a close up:

I believe that's what you're seeing there.

e2a: It's the geophone equipment

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:NASA_LSPE_geophones_Apollo17.jpg

Possibly but the sequence is wrong - if the sequence in the photos are correct then the ALSEP wouldnt have been deployed at the point the photos, in my post, were taken.

ALSEP installation and documentation - 18345-82
Photos in question - 17437-39

But in the photo's you submitted you can see the angled aerial of the ALSEP equipment to the immediate left of the orange marker on the pole, so it must have been deployed.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Not entirely fair - a genuine question was asked and an answer given

This document gives the list of what image was taken when:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

The numbering is more down to the magazine they were in, not the sequence in which they were used.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: humanoidlord

Not entirely fair - a genuine question was asked and an answer given

This document gives the list of what image was taken when:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

The numbering is more down to the magazine they were in, not the sequence in which they were used.

Ahh - just tried come back at you with the ALSEP deployment map hoping it was in a completely different location - but it is perfectly placed.

ALSEP Deployment Map

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If a decent download of the image in question can be achieved a photo manipulation program could lower the intensity of the over-exposed foreground and perhaps could show tracks of the rover heading out that way or not.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

If a decent download of the image in question can be achieved a photo manipulation program could lower the intensity of the over-exposed foreground and perhaps could show tracks of the rover heading out that way or not.

It's not really that distant, but still you can see disturbed ground dust generating out from the rover position in many places including to the monitoring device

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Look at photo 1 at the very bottom where there is a footprint in the dirt. there is a rock to the left of it casting a shadow almost directly to the right, which shows directional lighting, as the rest of the shadows on the lander and flag show more of a shadow towards the back and right of the image.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The shadow is being cast in the same direction as all the others, you just can't see all of it because of the rock.

The light is indeed directional, it's coming from a single source 93 million miles away.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

There was a thread here a couple of weeks ago about stagehands accidentally leaving some equipment on the set... or something to that effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So, as they are driving around on the moon, or walking/exploring, would they not need a marker high up to see incase they lose their orientation. With limited oxygen/time and minds on the job in hand, i would have thought they would need a safe guard in case of emergencies?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikos123

The images are taken uphill looking towards the ALSEP site.

In this image

www.hq.nasa.gov...

you can see an orange marker on top of a pole - here's a close up:

I believe that's what you're seeing there.

e2a: It's the geophone equipment

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:NASA_LSPE_geophones_Apollo17.jpg

Possibly but the sequence is wrong - if the sequence in the photos are correct then the ALSEP wouldnt have been deployed at the point the photos, in my post, were taken.

ALSEP installation and documentation - 18345-82
Photos in question - 17437-39

Those are different film reels, so the numbering will not be in sequence. ALSEP installation happened during EVA1, the photos with the red "thing" are from EVA2.

I'll agree that it's a marker from geophone.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I see static and broken link to a video

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Winner, Winner chicken dinner, but still cool pictures

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join