It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: John Conyers Should Resign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Link to Article

But he's an ICON!

Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called on Rep. Jon Conyers (D-MI) to resign on Thursday following a host of sexual-misconduct allegations against the senior Democrat. “The allegations against Conyers, we have learned more since Sunday, are serious, disappointing and very credible," Pelosi told reporters this morning. "Congressman Conyers should resign." She added that "the brave women who came forward are owed justice"

Better Late than Never Nancy.....

on a brighter note:

Additionally on Thursday, Pelosi said there are discussions about revealing past secret harassment settlements.

Let's get it all out.
edit on 30-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

And he said he would take down more swamp people with him! Yippee

mobile.twitter.com... democrat-conyers-threatens-take-whole-damn-swamp%2F

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

But I thought that everything Cernovich says is nothing but fake news for the right wing Trumpsters??

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

And he said he would take down more swamp people with him! Yippee

mobile.twitter.com... democrat-conyers-threatens-take-whole-damn-swamp%2F

Good.... Bring it on....

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Pelosi ought to resign with him.
The savings in taxpayer-funded Alzheimer medication alone, would make it worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I agree. Along with Al Franken, Moore, Trump and any other political representative that feel they're not accountable to the people. We could add to the list from both parties. Hypocrisy, double standards, "confidentiality", and using tax payers money to defend immoral and corrupt behavior needs to stop! They're not above the law and the political red tape used to delay justice needs to end.

The U.S. should have a citizen's watchdog group who should be keeping tabs on this closed self-serving group. "We the people" should have the last say whether these scum bags stay in office or be forced to resign. An addendum to the constitution is in order.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
"We the people" should have the last say whether these scum bags stay in office or be forced to resign. An addendum to the constitution is in order.

We do, its called voting. Conyers is a special situation as the allegations happened while in Congress. All others are from before holding office. Not that it matters. Conyers used tax payer dollars (albeit from a Congressional approved fund) to silence his lewd behavior.

More heads will be rolling from both sides of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There is great pressure in the government cabinet of Trump, which does not allow to do a job that the population likes. The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell last week, dropping for a second straight week as labor market conditions tightened further. The foreign exchange investment is the only beneficiary since our dollar has increased in value in international markets, which generates higher exports of products

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't want to derail your thread, but I also don't feel like making anew one...

Conyers is currently hospitalized, which add another spicy layer to all This weirdness.

s.mlive.com...s.mlive.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I have the perfect solution. Pelosi should set the example and double down by proposing a challenge to Conyers. If he steps down so will she.

Its a win win for us all.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
"We the people" should have the last say whether these scum bags stay in office or be forced to resign.

We do, it's called the "vote."

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I don't want to derail your thread, but I also don't feel like making anew one...

Conyers is currently hospitalized, which add another spicy layer to all This weirdness.

Yeah......Like Harvey Weinstein was in Rehab.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

he needs to resign, not should.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Did he keep his doctor that he liked?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Honestly. We all know that this is just a way to hide from the press. Like when a Hollywood celeb gets caught with drugs and then checks into a "rehab clinic," only to go right back to drugs when they leave.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Damage done already. The excuse making and reluctance from the party leadership to condemn these abusers won't be forgotten. So much for the party of women's rights. And the only reason they're even calling for him to resign now is because they took the time to measure if the public backlash is enough to be politically expedient. That's all they care about.
edit on 30 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did he keep his doctor that he liked?

A winner is you!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So does th resignation of Conyers, cost more from a minority Congress or using that ploy to force Moore out and change the balance of power in the Senate?

Besides Conyers doesn't actually 'have' to resign to make her look as if she's taking the 'high road'.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So again our representatives have an upper-hand. They could be guilty yet can still reap their salaries until months or years later when they come up for re-election. How many private businesses finding their employees guilty of sexual harassment would allow the accused to stay employed even after 1 or 3 days? Why should our system allow this? They're also currently using tax payers dollars to defend themselves!

I hate to say it, but many voters are clueless when they enter the voting booth. Many don't even bother doing any research on the candidates or even know their stance on the issues. Many will vote for a particular candidate simply because of the affiliated party, or someone told them to vote for a particular candidate. Incumbents have a huge advantage because of their corporate donors. It's why we have so many career politicians in office.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Moore may have been out of office, but his sexual allegations are much more serious considering it's dealing with molestation of a minor. Conyers, using tax payers dollars to protect political scum and our self-serving representatives approved it!!! I'm actually enjoying this political upheaval. It's exposing some of the corruption in the system. If these political figures are forced to resign because of these sexual allegations, considering Trump had 13 accusers, he shouldn't be exempt. That would clearly be a double standard!

As far as voting is concerned, read my response to burdman. He brought up the same point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join