It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Nitrogen Experiment Almost Goes Horribly Wrong On Live TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Liquid Nitrogen Experiment Almost Goes Horribly Wrong On Live TV

An Australian TV host came within inches of serious injury ― or worse ― when a science experiment went badly wrong during a live segment.

Science teacher-YouTuber Jacob Strickling was guest on the show “Studio 10” earlier this week, where he mixed liquid nitrogen into cola bottles, causing them to blast off like miniature rockets when he turned them upside down.

One of the show’s hosts, Natarsha Belling, held a bottle as Strickling filled it. However, she seemed uncertain how to hold it.

That’s when the segment almost took a tragic turn. Belling turned the bottle to the side instead of upside down, and it shot right toward her face.

I love science and all its wonders. But I think the guy was too pumped about this kind of experiment. IMO he shouldn't have assumed anything when asking her if she knew what to do. I wonder what happened to him after the show...funny how she was already inquiring about his insurance policy...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Once again proving guys will do dumb s*** when hot women are present.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Lucky she didn't lose her face...She should leave that to the pros like these guys.

edit on 30-11-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Hahaha..."we take twelve" lololollol

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Now that's what I call a really cool experience! Not!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: GuidedKill

Hahaha..."we take twelve" lololollol

Love that movie!! Puts a funny twist on a real problem and highlights how dumb the "problem" really is.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Kind of reminds me of my kid brothers rocket that flew about 200 yards horizontally then turned back towards the house .It missed a large turret on the house travelling at what seemed to be well over 200 mph and crashed in the field in the back yard starting a grass fire . That was one of his more successful flights . The one previously got about 10 feet off the ground and then exploded sending plastic shrapnel everywhere including into his face . That is one of my beefs with the internet .A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing .

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I watch a friend of mine do this to himself but with a mortar type of firework.
The kind that fire from a barrel and explode into huge balls of light.
Singed His hair.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That bottle took out a branch , it would have smashed her face.
People get lucky like that at least a couple times in life,
Everyone has had that experience where something goes wrong, and you come within a hair of serious injury or death.
That would make a good thread...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Everyone has had that experience where something goes wrong, and you come within a hair of serious injury or death.

Yes it would. Go start it and I will add my story were I cheated injury.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In 2 frames that bottle travels 15 or more feet. At 30 frames per second that would make it travel at over 150 mph, possibly faster than that. It would take out an eye easily, maybe even break your skull.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

Yes, I've seen a good few videos that would qualify for the Darwin awards. "Shooting tannerite loaded into a lawnmower" Sent a blade flying through the air and cut his foot off.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I remember that video. Darwin award candidate for sure.

As for this one, I can not fathom for one second why the producers thought this would be a good idea. Espically being so close to the public. Utterly idiotic

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Once again proving guys will do dumb s*** when hot women are present.

The guy here wasn't dumb, he just didn't account for how dumb women are (Australian women especially so, it seems). I kinda wish the bottle hit her in the face, she might have had learned her lesson then.

In the video, you can actually see her grab his arm and push it away so that she could turn the bottle upside down - while he was still filling it with liquid nitrogen!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

The guy here wasn't dumb...

Maybe not dumb, but the blood that should have been going to power his brain was being deployed elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What do you mean?

It ain’t like he was putting food in her tank....

# 914

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Reminds me of that time with the fire extinguisher!

(hope the statute of limitations has run out!)

new topics

top topics

join