It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top problematic Democrat Rep out of the picture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Then what we should be talking about is how to force congress to release the names.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Cool story

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Conyers and Franken have been proven guilty for various reasons. They have had due process and need to go. As well as the 200 other members of Gov who have used that fund to silence their victims.

Actually Conyers settled. So while the court of public opinion is saying that he is guilty, officially there is no ruling. Franken is just a photograph. Thanks for lying to the thread.

PS: I'm still waiting on all those calls for people to resign I've made over the years you said you'd give me.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Cool story

I wish it were a cool story, but reality shows that the left has to meet far less standards to be ruined by harassment charges and you showed why. Oh well enjoy your "victory". I'll wait patiently for you to apply the same standards to Roy Moore or the Access Hollywood tape.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Conyers and Franken have been proven guilty for various reasons. They have had due process and need to go. As well as the 200 other members of Gov who have used that fund to silence their victims.

Actually Conyers settled. So while the court of public opinion is saying that he is guilty, officially there is no ruling. Franken is just a photograph. Thanks for lying to the thread.

PS: I'm still waiting on all those calls for people to resign I've made over the years you said you'd give me.

So if no guilt why did Conyers settle?

So the picture of Franken grabbing the same woman's breasts who accused him of grabbing her breast on the same trip in question is fake just like her story?

Come on man!!

P.S. You literally just called for peoples careers to be ruined and them be persecuted for mere allegations...You listed my example for me!

edit on 30-11-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Names do nothing. Evidence, or nothing. 10 y/o allegations during suspect times (like elections) with partisan hacks like Gloria Allred involved can be dismissed outright.

Unless tangible evidence is produced of course. When Allred releases the infamous "Moore yearbook" then I'll change my opinion. Until then, it is demonstrably another hit job. I mean, in criminal or civil actions the accuser always has to share their evidence with the defense. If they're not willing to do so, it is because the evidence is manufactured or interpreted incorrectly. True evidence cannot be impeached by any "spin."

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

a reply to: JBurns

It would be nice if sexual harassment allegations would ruin people on the right too, but whenever it is a person on the right then we have to attack the accusers instead.

I don't remember Dennis Hastert claiming a media assault.
It would be interesting to see the list of ALL the politicians that have been using the slush fund to pay off sexual harassment claims. Clean them all out... R's and D's!

I'm game. Harassment is harassment; I'm sick and tired of this being a partisan pissing contest.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Damn beat me to it . What a baby . Run for cover without a thought to the one's you assaulted

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Because he probably is guilty, but settled means that the outcome was settled out of court. So again officially there is no ruling. All there is is your speculation. So, legally, due process hasn't been satisfied.

So the picture of Franken grabbing the same woman's breasts who accused him of grabbing her breast on the same trip in question is fake just like her story?

I didn't say it was fake, I just said it isn't an example of due process. It is merely evidence that can be submitted at a court of law to help convict him, but any one with even a basic understanding of law will tell you that isn't a conviction. ETA: If you think that photo convicts Franken, then surely you agree that the Access Hollywood tape should ruin Trump, right?

You clearly don't know what "due process" means if you think that only YOU need to see the compelling evidence to decide.

P.S. You literally just called for peoples careers to be ruined and them be persecuted for mere allegations...You listed my example for me!

No. I literally did not do that. I literally asked that standards applied to the left would be equally applied to the right. Reading comprehension. Give it a try sometime. It won't hurt your head. Too much. I hope.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Because he probably is guilty, but settled means that the outcome was settled out of court. So again officially there is no ruling. All there is is your speculation. So, legally, due process hasn't been satisfied.

I didn't say it was fake, I just said it isn't an example of due process. It is merely evidence that can be submitted at a court of law to help convict him, but any one with even a basic understanding of law will tell you that isn't a conviction.

You clearly don't know what "due process" means if you think that only YOU need to see the compelling evidence to decide.

No. I literally did not do that. I literally asked that standards applied to the left would be equally applied to the right. Reading comprehension. Give it a try sometime. It won't hurt your head. Too much. I hope.

The hush fund was used to circumvent the legal process and settle the issues through a mediator. What would be considered a "legal" process before you would proceed to a criminal or civil trial. These are used when both parties assume responsibility/ no responsibility and or admission of guilt but they are legal processes.

What that translates into regular speech is the accused is usually guilty as hell but wishes to settle the guilt in a monetary fashion.

And you tell me I don't know anything about the legal system lol.

Link

edit on 30-11-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Krazy, I agree there isn't enough evidence to satisfy due process as required by the courts. However, as many Dems have pointed out with the bizarre Russian theories, this isn't a court of law. No legal action is being taken against Conyers.

Now if he was facing jail time over the accusations, then due process comes in to play. But these aren't criminal charges and this isn't a court of law.

I can't believe everyone is suddenly concerned with due process, after parading false rumors and baseless accusations against POTUS for the last year or so.

EDIT: If you're proposing a higher standard for attacking politicians, then I'm inclined to agree with you. However, this would have to apply to *all* politicians. And clearly, once evidence comes to light (like photos + statements, or settlements + statements) then action should be taken - but reasonable and proportional action.

It is highly irresponsible to parade rumors as fact, in an age of total deception and information warfare. Unless you are interested in suppressing the truth, that is.
edit on 11/30/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Pics or it didn’t happen...oh whoops....never mine. LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

make it a campaign issue . Use the internet and social media . Vote to make the names public or we will vote someone else in . Goes for both parties

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Low Energy John.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
nvm

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Release it or all 535 are removed from office. Pretty simple really.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I guess everyone that had The "Office of Compliance" settle for them then already have their "innocence", in your eyes?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sir, that is not my post. Someone did write that, however. Due process hasn't been satisfied because that requires an actual criminal complaint, prosecution, evidentiary hearings, discovery and of course confronting witnesses against you. None of which has occurred at this point, because I don't believe he's been accused of any illegal activity.

EDIT: Ah, just saw the "NVM" post

edit on 11/30/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Well the Access Hollywood tape is LITERALLY Trump admitting to sexual assault. "I grab them by the pussy". Why is that an exception? There is no rumor in that. We have a video of him literally saying that (even though Trump is now saying that wasn't him).

It's really irritating that Franken can be singled out for this and Trump get a free pass. Moore's accusers appear to be very credible too. So much so that even his own party is thinking about opening up an investigation into his actions should he be elected. Even IF these are just rumors, they should still concern you and warrant further investigation, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join