It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk asked why is there no Flat Mars Society? Funny Response

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass
Personally, I think Flat Earthers are state sponsored psy-ops to smear legit conspiracies and muddy the water. What do I know, though?

I'd think state-sponsored people would sound more intelligent and coherent.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Its just click bait.

Some assholes came up with the idea and other assholes exploit it with google ads.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A simple question

How many of you that have said the flat earthers are crazy have actually been to the edge of space themselves to see it is a globe ?
Don't answer providing 'others' proof, or any so called 'data' . Only actually visually seen it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
A simple question

How many of you that have said the flat earthers are crazy have actually been to the edge of space themselves to see it is a globe ?
Don't answer providing 'others' proof, or any so called 'data' . Only actually visually seen it for themselves.

So you're saying you can't know that leaping from a 30 story building will kill you? You can only 'prove' it by doing it yourself?

That, despite the science evidence, the known, repeatable physics and maths, you won't splatter on the ground unless you 'see' it yourself?

There is a big difference between believing in someone's claim there is a God, and someone's claim the Earth is round.

Both require evidence, for which there is undeniable evidence for the latter. Unless of course you're idiot.

(I don't mean you personally...)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass
Personally, I think Flat Earthers are state sponsored psy-ops to smear legit conspiracies and muddy the water. What do I know, though?

No two types of FE's dumb & religious nutter or plain dumb.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

A simple question

Just go the beach and watch ships disappear from the hull up, look at the other planets & Moon obviously spheres, watch the shape of the Earths shadow on a lunar eclipse, photographs of the Moon in the Northern Hemisphere are one way up and reversed in the Southern Hemisphere the rotation of stars is also different you want any more.
edit on 1-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: D.Wolf
Since Earth is the centre of the Universe, it must be a given that all the other flats are facing us. So Mars will look round but its as flat as all the rest. you cannot look in detail at mars without using lenses. Lenses are rounded, so the image will be distorted and look like a globe. If you want to see mars as it is, you need to look at it through perfectly flat pollished lenses.

Its thàt simp!e!

So if the same camera lens takes a picture of you how do you look curious to know

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I would look flat out round for I huffed and I puffed and I always seem to forget what comes next.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
How is the Flat Earth belief any different to religion or life after death?

In spite of all the concrete evidence to the contrary, people still want to believe in it.

Kind of sad, really. In the modern world, rather than moving forward with human innovation and technology, people would rather believe in nonsense and go so far as to try to make others believe in it as well.

Question slight deflection but not meaning to derail the thread.

What scientific evidence is there that 100% disproved afterlife or religion?
Just a little digging can blow the FE theory out of the water, I would assume any proof that shoots down reilgion would have been huge news?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A simple question

A simple answer;

You don't need to go to space to prove the earth is round, all you need to do is enter a sky scraper or look at a boat on the edge of the horizon.

If in a skyscraper, the sun will set faster on the first floor and slower on the 50th. If looking at a boat on the horizon, you will see them come into view from the top down. This means you will see the mast before the boat; why? Because the earth is round.

Secondly; nothing stopping you from obtaining a pilots license and flying around the globe, or tracking anyone who has done so.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: noonebutme
How is the Flat Earth belief any different to religion or life after death?

In spite of all the concrete evidence to the contrary, people still want to believe in it.

Kind of sad, really. In the modern world, rather than moving forward with human innovation and technology, people would rather believe in nonsense and go so far as to try to make others believe in it as well.

Question slight deflection but not meaning to derail the thread.

What scientific evidence is there that 100% disproved afterlife or religion?
Just a little digging can blow the FE theory out of the water, I would assume any proof that shoots down reilgion would have been huge news?

It has been huge news, faithers don't believe it.

The concept of religion cannot be proven real, but can be proven a construct. The fact that there is no evidence it's real; the fact that the holy books are all 3rd party accounts written hundreds of years after the alleged events transpired. The fact that every holy book has been rewritten to suit political motivations -- i.e. King James, or even as the current pope announced he wants to change the prayer "Our Father" because he personally doesn't like the translation.

Religion is all derived from texts that are absolutely no different than fiction novels.

We all KNOW Scientology isn't real; it was factually created in 1954 based on a fiction book called Dianetics. In anycase; it was created by man in the 1900's. It has 1:1 the same scientific evidence as any other religion, and that's to say none.

It has none, because it's made up. There are Jedi's in Australia. I mean, just because a group of people follow a belief that doesn't make it true; in fact -- that's the definition of "Faith."

faith
[feyth]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
confidence or trust in a person or thing:
faith in another's ability.
belief that is not based on proof:
He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

Any definition that says a "belief of god" is just using definition two in context.

The sheer fact that religious belief is taken on FAITH is proof enough it's made up.

If you say "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" -- this would be a logical fallacy in this context since there is actually evidence to the contrary.

We know factually that religious texts were written by man, and weren't even originally written, until in many cases, hundreds of years after the alleged account had taken place and that there is no evidence that any of the accounts actually took place prior to the text.

There is absolutely zero reason to believe that it wasn't created by man to control men. All wars were over religion before nations had the balls to claim they were over resources. I.E. It's much easier to convince people to murder those against the deity than it is to justify stealing for the sake of stealing.

All wars are waged with the intent of claiming new ownership by force. It's called profiteering and that's all any Empire/Kingdom/State in history has ever done.

In other words, there is evidence that it's fiction, while there is no evidence that it's fact; so believing it to be fact forfeits the logic of "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" -- it's just ignoring evidence willfully that suggests the opposite. In other words; a Quantification Fallacy.

This is precisely why most of the world's smartest people are atheist or agnostic. A scientist who does believe in god, probably doesn't believe in religion. There is a direct correlation between intelligence and faith. The higher the IQ of the subject, the less they value faith. The lower IQ of the subject, the more they value faith.

Or do you believe that 91% of scientists are atheist or agnostic because they're stupid? ~41% are atheist out right, and ~51% are agnostic. That makes 10% believers in faith.

Agnostic is the belief in god OR a higher power, but a disbelief in religion.

edit on 8-12-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

A simple question

If we only relied on our personal experiences to shape out lives and our world view, we'd be still living in caves and dying like flies of the slightest reasons.

There's a reason our civilisation prospered and advanced like it did - the combined experience and knowledge of all the professional people working in their field. Medicine, agriculture, spaceflight, your own computer you're sitting in front of - all this stuff happens because someone else (rather than you) did all the hard work figuring out how it works and how to do it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: D.Wolf

BS answer to your BS statement , yes you can be a flat earther you obviously are du.... enough sorry qualified enough.

edit on 8-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

ofcourse it was a bull# statement. anything FE always is and most of mine are. Sorry my flat lens joke didnt tickle yer smiley muscle. I should stop trying to be funny, I seem to end up like below most of the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I guess that would mean you also need to take a pic of earth with a curved lens as well

I guess that would be one of the easiest ways to lay it all to rest. We need pics of Earth. Why are there zero pics of earth from space? That question is confusing in itself is it not?
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
. Why are there zero pics of earth from space? That question is confusing in itself is it not?

Really look here Apollo Hasselblad Image Atlas

For example click on image for full size

Earth From Apollo 12

One of many have a look for yourself

You will also see not all the images are perfect as hoax believers claim.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: D.Wolf

ofcourse it was a bull# statement. anything FE always is and most of mine are. Sorry my flat lens joke didnt tickle yer smiley muscle. I should stop trying to be funny, I seem to end up like below most of the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

. Why are there zero pics of earth from space? That question is confusing in itself is it not?

Earth From Apollo 12

i do not have to look to know your source is not a photograph, because there are none available to you or anyone else. You have an image that was produced in cgi or photoshop or another way. I am not argui g FE just the photo evidence, which to me should be easy and it is not! Trust me, they admit it in the photo source.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Earth From Apollo 12

i do not have to look to know your source is not a photograph, because there are none available to you or anyone else. You have an image that was produced in cgi or photoshop or another way. I am not argui g FE just the photo evidence, which to me should be easy and it is not! Trust me, they admit it in the photo source.

Images like AS12-50-7363 have not been "produced in cgi or photoshop", they are scans of the actual Apollo films.

There are also plenty of photos of Earth from satellites, going back to the 60s, and you can actually match the cloud patterns between those satellite photos and the Apollo photos of Earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

You really dont have a clue what your looking at
do you scans of film from the Hasselblad cameras.

These have been available for years.

30+ years of taking pictures I know a lot more about the process than you.cgi & photoshop the fall back excuse for internet idiots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join