It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk asked why is there no Flat Mars Society? Funny Response

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Elon Musk asked 'why is there no Flat Mars Society!', and here's what the flat-Earthers had to say
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

The SpaceX CEO was talking about the Martian equivalent of the Flat Earth Society (FES), an organised community of flat-Earthers. The website of FES describes itself as "a place for free thinkers and the intellectual exchange of ideas.".

And to everyone's surprise, soon Musk's question was answered.

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
Replying to @elonmusk
Why is there no Flat Mars Society!?

Flat Earth Society

@FlatEarthOrg
Hi Elon, thanks for the question. Unlike the Earth, Mars has been observed to be round.

We hope you have a fantastic day!
3:01 PM - Nov 28, 2017
969 969 Replies 3,436 3,436 Retweets 4,395 4,395 likes

Huh??? That is the best thing that FES can respond with? I was thinking that Elon had a valid question and point. I guess die hard flat earthers really are stubborn, though...one person did make an argument about what a solar eclipse would look like if Earth was flat:

Now I am not a physicist by any means but that picture in itself would depict a solar eclipse...unless there is something I don't know.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I will listen to a lot of weird ideas and give them an honest thought on it... Flat earth though, nope Ill pass that takes a special level of crazy.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I would have to agree with that....you have to be bugged out about something to go that far on FE. But it definitely is interesting either way.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011 I love that you used Neil's recent photo! And I encourage all of the flat eath people out there to build a home made rocket and strap there selves in and give me proof

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Even more sadly FES gave this answer in all seriousness.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i think the FES is just a troll

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Personally, I think Flat Earthers are state sponsored psy-ops to smear legit conspiracies and muddy the water. What do I know, though?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
i think the FES is just a troll

I think they are a well funded troll. I just cant figure out who is really pushing such a ridiculous narrative and why.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I think they are a well funded troll. I just cant figure out who is really pushing such a ridiculous narrative and why.

Sometimes a lot of people just think something super dumb is funny and they get into it way too much to be "ironic" or hip or whatever.

And that's why we have President Trump.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Does anybody think of flat earthers as anything more than a silly curiosity?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I thought they believed that what's surrounding earth was fake. Nasa lies about the Earth being flat, so the sky, moon, and everything else out there is fake. So, I'm surprised they believe Mars is an actual planet..and round.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I once saw a long flat-earther documentary (I think it was on our CTV channel), and they argued that the photo of the earth appearing round was because it was taken through a round porthole or window from a space-craft!

Ergo, they were photographing a flat surface through a round window, hence the photo makes the earth look round from space!

Who knows, by the same methodology they may have photographed a flat Mars through a circular window, thus making it appear round too.
edit on 30-11-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Since Earth is the centre of the Universe, it must be a given that all the other flats are facing us. So Mars will look round but its as flat as all the rest. you cannot look in detail at mars without using lenses. Lenses are rounded, so the image will be distorted and look like a globe. If you want to see mars as it is, you need to look at it through perfectly flat pollished lenses.

Its thàt simp!e!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I once saw a long flat-earther documentary (I think it was on our CTV channel), and they argued that the photo of the earth appearing round was because it was taken through a round porthole or window from a space-craft!

Ergo, they were photographing a flat surface through a round window, hence the photo makes the earth look round from space!

Who knows, by the same methodology they may have photographed a flat Mars through a circular window, thus making it appear round too.

lol. that's hilarious. i needed the laugh.
its crazy the stuff FE people come up with.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Wait. Hang on. So these people think that Earth is flat...just floating like a pancake in space?? I was under the impression that they didn't believe in outer space or any of that. The Sun is just a giant light bulb and we live in a snow globe. No??

Maybe there are different factions who accept different things? How do they reconcile giant flat snow globe with neighboring round planet...I mean if Earth is flat, it can't be a planet...there's nothing to hold it stable, no poles or axis. So wtf???

Does anyone consider maybe these people are just trolling the world with this stuff? I am just amazed that anyone could actually believe such a thing. It just sounds so silly...like satire.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Just wow!!

Not only is the earth flat but FESers have no idea how optics work. All lens currently in use are curved. That is how an image is focused onto your eyes (which are "round"... GAH! semi-spherical. Use the correct terms mutha FESers!!) or camera (CCD), so is that why we have "3D"? Nope. Not even close.

We have stereo vision. We have two eyes that move back and forth ever so slightly and your brain does two things:

1) The back and forth movement is "wiped" from your "over-sense" portion of your mind. You can check this out yourself by grabbing a hand full of peanuts (anything crunchy), then stare at a nearby source (picture on a computer monitor works fine), then pop some in your mouth and chew. Everything gets all jiggly until you stop chewing!
2) While keeping your attention on the full object your brain is stitching all those individual back and forth movements into one coherent picture. That is why babies when crawling over a glass surface pause when they see the depth change underneath them. The have predicted the consequence of stepping into empty space.

The earth is a sphere, not "round". A sphere is a 3D object. The only way for the earth to be flat is to ignore what is innate within us even as babies. Delude yourself with bad science; or, be a paid troll as part of a psy-op and regurgitate unprovable theories because you are ignoring science.

But FESers and haters, there is hope!

BBC.com - Flat lens promises possible revolution in optics.

If somebody takes a picture with a flat lens of a spherical earth can this sad and pitiful topic be laid to rest?

Hey, I thought of an upside of a flat earth! When Nibiru came storming back to hit earth we only need to push on one side to turn it flat so Nibiru goes sailing right on by!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Must be something to it... "FES" just like JFK.. or better yet: BFD

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: pirhanna

Sometimes a lot of people just think something super dumb is funny and they get into it way too much to be "ironic" or hip or whatever.

And that's why we have President Trump.

It would be highly entertaining if trumpy would twitter some flat earth clap trap.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
How is the Flat Earth belief any different to religion or life after death?

In spite of all the concrete evidence to the contrary, people still want to believe in it.

Kind of sad, really. In the modern world, rather than moving forward with human innovation and technology, people would rather believe in nonsense and go so far as to try to make others believe in it as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join