It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gifted (Marvel's Mutant Series)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Any comic guys or gals out there been watching this show? I waited a bit to start it due to the terrible things I've heard about the Inhumans series. I'm 2 or 3 episodes behind and I'm in love with it. Not really any "big" name players other than Polaris right now. The special effects are not bad for TV. The acting is not too bad either. Now if Marvel can get the cinematic rights back for the X-Men, all will be right with the universe. I like how the Agents of Shield ties in with the Avengers movies, so I'm hoping if this happens, they can tie Gifted in with the X-Men movies.

If you watch it, what's your take on it?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran I have all recorded on the dvr but have not watched a single one yet. But I will start today. I don't leave for San Diego till tomorrow and have nothing to do besides drink a few beers and tend to my chickens.....and clean this damn house.....

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

I wanted to like it, but couldn’t get through the second episode. I love sci-fi / fantasy stuff, but this felt like a show for a much younger demographic. I just couldn’t get into it for some reason.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran
I'm going to check it out right now.
And by the way I like the inhumans.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have watched all the episodes so far and its pretty good. Its a little slow sometimes cause its a Sci-Fi drama but its much better that inhumans. From what I gathered the sentinel service is rounds up muties under some type homeland security objective due to some protect that went bad and people died. It builds on the previous episode so picking it up mid stream would result in confusion. If no stranger things but its a good show to pass the time.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Runaways is a thousand times better.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I liked all four of those Marvel shows, I find they all tie in well together.

Agents of Shield
Inhumans
The Gifted
Runaways

Yes, some of them target younger audiences but it's still a cool saga.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
THE GIFTED is not good science fictition - It is great science fiction

I haven't enjoyed watching a show so much since MUTANT X

And of course for fans of the X Men series it is a must.

Highly rated by fans on IMDb by viewers it currently is rated 8/10

Storyline: In a world where mutated humans are treated with distrust and fear, an institute for mutants battles to achieve peaceful co-existence with humanity.

From a reviewer on IMDb:

"Mutants live on 9/10 Author: DarkVulcan29 (DarkVulcan29......] from United States 3 October 2017 I'm hooked after seeing the first episode, it's a great installment in The X-Men Universe. I was wondering will sink like the first episode of Inhumans. But it didn't sink it sailed in my book, the effects are incredible, and the CGI is not over used. I love characters played Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer, who play parents trying to protect there two teenage kids who have mutant powers, and are hunted. The series has other characters, but the family is the driving force of the show. It deals with people being badly judged just for being different, so much of that goes around in real life too. I hope the show will go on for a while, I wonder if any the actors from the X-Men movies will make an appearance here, I hope."

So fellow mutants stand up and be counted - We now have a new show - showing the uninitiated what it means to be a mutant

- AlienView
edit on 1-12-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Watched all the episodes thus far.

and meh.

Think the best marvel series so far is Agents of shield.

On another note.

I've stopped watching Arrow, and Supergirl, and Legends of tomorrow.

But when they cross worlds like they did across with the Flash was decent.
edit on 1-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join