It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Nabs Big Win Over Coinbase In Bid For Bitcoin Customer Data

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Nothing will change.

It takes no effort to make bitcoin wallets, therefore you can legally buy bitcoin from anywhere including coinbase, send that bitcoin to another wallet totally unconnected to you, some use USB linux distros that are encrypted numerous times over, then they can send it from there to more and more wallets, tracking becomes a huge problem.
Another thing people do is buy Monero with it, another cryptocurrency that's a lot more secure and decentralized than BTC.

One thing is for absolute sure, cryptocurrencies are not going away.

It reminds me of the early days of Napster, they fought it and fought it, napster went away but piracy exploded.

We are in the early days again but it's plain to see what's happening.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

How are they going to find out who I am if I spoof my IP and MAC address and use a proxy at the edge of my network?

Also I would store them on a encrypted external HD loaded with Kali.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Taggart

How are they going to find out who I am if I spoof my IP and MAC address and use a proxy at the edge of my network?

Also I would store them on a encrypted external HD loaded with Kali.

I'm talking about buying BTC, it's because it's getting harder to purchase without ID. Sure there are a few ways liek BTC ATM's and barter sites online where you can say swap Amazon gift cards say $20 for $18 of BTC, that type thing.
Other than that though you need ID. Plus once bought you can look back through every BTC and see every wallet it's been in.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

P.S one last piece of advice I'd give is make a second wallet and purchase them to that wallet then send it to you encrypted wallet. I use a of Electrum which runs on an encrypted distro of Linux which runs off USB (backed up twice).
Some times I'll pass it through a bunch of wallets before it get's to my proper wallet. Just because.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join