It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial bill would force business owners to take down bulletproof glass

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Come on! How is she supposed to raise funds for her re-election when her contributors can't rob these places and increase their cash flow?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Maybe we can ban cops from wearing armor, ya know, to make it a fair fight and all... /sarc

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Donuts. Package of six. How much?

Dolla twalve.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Philadelphia lawyers aren't making enough money. I'll bet a dollar to one of AM's donuts that a lawyer is behind this...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Too much!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Why do politicians hate Americans of Asian heritage?

Didn't you see Falling Down? They charge too much for soda.

It wouldn't have escalated so quickly had it been Fifty cents, not fiddy cen.

And he paid for it anyway ! At the appropriate price.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Cause they actually work their asses off to succeed and make a living.
Are there Black owned businesses in her district? Do they have bulletproof glass? Is their bulletproof glass racist?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Take out the glass and erect sniper nests. Simple.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is stupid.

However, I kind of see what they are trying to do. There are some businesses which attract the wrong kind of people and local governments often try to limit these businesses because once they get their roots in a community, they can bring down the surrounding area.

For example, I live in a very high income and nice area that borders once of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago. At the border of our community, there are a couple of convenience stores/bodegas/gas stations. These are your typical ghettofied stores with bulletproof glass, etc. What happens is the hoodrats from the bad neighborhood frequent these stores even though the stores are not actually in their community officially. The tend to bring their hoodratness behavior with them.

As such, our community has been passing zoning laws and other barriers to prevent these stores from opening because they simply attract the wrong kind of people.

The problem with the Philly example though is that it isn't the stores, but it is the actual neighborhoods these stores are located. They are too late and changing laws to clean up the stores is not necessarily going to fix the neighborhoods.

You have to clamp down on hoodrats BEFORE they actually take over a neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Looks like they are helping insurance companies to raise their prices.

I doubt this will help crime and will bet money on a higher body count.

It's a long term solution to "help crime."

She wants to get rid of the stores, claiming that they cause problems in the neighborhood. What's an easy and relatively quick way to get rid of them?

Make the staff completely and totally unsafe every day. One way or another, they'll stop working.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Selling booze causes trouble in her district according to this woman that is pushing the bill.

So she thinks banning bulletproof glass is the solution.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Didn't you see Falling Down? They charge too much for soda.

LOL eighty figh cents is too much, 50 cents.

I just peed a little.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I can't believe nobody on this site has even recognized what's going on. And the way I see it flaunted all the time, it should be instantly recognizable.

How is a good guy with a gun supposed to shoot a bad guy with a gun if there's bullet proof glass in the way?

(post by JoshuaCox removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You have to clamp down on hoodrats BEFORE they actually take over a neighborhood.

I gurantee a simple sign on the front door, basically saying "armed, we take no sh*t" would help a lot. This little store where I lived was owned by middle eastern's and I asked them once, after he got done arguing with this "guy", "what if one of these guy's tried to rob you" The guy told me, we got something for them, and pointed under the counter.

Plus he pointed the the office, which has a 2-way mirror. Guy could be in there with an AR pointed at you and you wouldn't even know it. I don't think that place has ever been robbed, despite that fact of the clientel that frequent it.

I am sure most people here know the stories and videos of Korea town during the Rodney King Riots. That is how you protect your stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Government--all governments at all levels--is infested with imbeciles who have no common sense or critical-thinking skills.

Why should the government be allowed to tell a business, or any privately owned structure, what they can and can not do to protect themselves from potential armed robbers or other issues?

If we are what we eat, Cindy Bass must be consuming a diet of douchebags and chasing it with cups of hot stupidity. Any other lawmakers in that district supporting her legislation are on the fad diet as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I gurantee a simple sign on the front door, basically saying "armed, we take no sh*t" would help a lot.

Yep. Or one of these:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

C) removing the plexiglass will not raise the crime rate.. that is ridiculous..

It will however risk the safety of the attendants at those gas stations.. but no one is going on a crime spree because “they took down the plexiglass, let’s riot!”

That’s retarded..

Where do you live? Newsflash criminals will seek out the easiest "hit" to perpetrate a crime. My neighborhood party store, which had no bulletproof glass had an attempted robbery. They failed as the owner of the store fired off a whole clip from his Handgun at them. Unfortunately he stopped aiming at them as they fled and just shot to keep them going. We live in the extended suburbs of Detroit. More and more stores here are getting bulletproof glass.

In the city of Detroit many businesses have opted into a program where their CCTV directly feeds to the Detroit Police. You can tell by the flashing green light on their roof. All of them have bulletproof glass from what I can tell. I make a habit of not going to places without that flashing green light as its not worth the risk. I grew up in the City and have my street smarts and even I know its dangerous.

Arbitrarily forcing business to remove bullet proof glass is insane. It will be opening up lawsuits against said regulation and the city once a party store owner is killed.

Is this the extension of the opposition to Trumps wall taken to an absurd level?

Bullet proof glass doesnt prevent violence, open counter tops do.........

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
B) from what I can tell the quote says it is a fire hazard since that window cannot be broken out in case of emergency??

This would point to a lack of resources for emergency services. There are tools for removing this type of glazing quickly. My local emergency services have, and test, said tools on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I really don't understand the concept. How does making stores take down bulletproof glass, help the situation in any way? Makes no sense. It is private property, they should be able to set up whatever safety precautions they want.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join