It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally qualified expert Kellyanne Conway will solve the nation's opioid crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's American politics. Kiss up to who is in charge and get a very high paying position regardless of qualification.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Seriously... Just read the post DIRECTLY above yours.

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
So having surgery and then getting hooked on the prescribed painkillers is a "personal poor decision?"

To both Xcalibur254 and Krazysh0t:

Not all opioid addictions are created equal, and not all stem from prescribed painkillers.

I didn't think that I needed to be ultra-specific and detail all scenarios for the implication to be understood. Where I live, we have a huge problem with heroin, and have for many years which has also morphed into a fentanyl and carfentanil issue as well. While some of these addictions are the result of painkiller mismanagement, either from doctors or abusers, much of them are not.

Please don't focus on one aspect of the problem in order to attempt to make me look stupid. I have commented in other threads about opioid issues and Big Pharma's (and the government's) culpability in that aspect of it, but this was not my intention in this comment.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Except the modern day opiate crisis is being spearheaded by prescription opiates. Yes, the traditional heroin junkies still exist. I live near Baltimore, I'm VERY aware of their existence (you've seen The Wire right?). The problem is that the crisis is being greatly exasperated by the prescription pills.

Furthermore, I feel like if we focus on the opiate prescription issue, then we don't run the risk of demonizing users and throwing them in jail or worse.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Can any of you tell me who else in all of congress might be better qualified? For Anything?

A man who group up in the ghetto isn't more qualified to run HUD than someone who never did? Well what about hoping a "wise latina woman" with the richness of her experiences would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's fine, but like I said, that wasn't MY focus.

And I'm not demonizing anything, other than the government's ability to curb personal drug use and addiction. In fact, that was the entire point that I was making. Let's just agree not to try and turn my focus into your focus and we'll be good.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Seems like a pretty strange choice, although somewhat typical..what exactly are her credentials?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Seems like a pretty strange choice, although somewhat typical..what exactly are her credentials?

She invented #alternativefacts

Some people think she's a beauty

.... aaaand that's about it

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

No kidding, it is a huge problem and I'm doubtful she has the tools to know what to do.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It's American politics. Kiss up to who is in charge and get a very high paying position regardless of qualification.

I agree with this.
In addition, in this case you can't be smarter than, more popular than, make more sense than...your boss.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

She ran a polling company, makes comments that always support Trump, and has been to the doctor's office several times in her life.
edit on 11/30/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

been to the doctor's office several times in her life

Well in that case she sounds perfect..maybe she should be surgeon general

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What we need is someone to solve our "KELLYANNE CONWAY" epidemic..how this goof got to where she is now...I think I know what postion she really serves Trump-o-mania....

Wasn't she the 'goof' that ran Trump's presidential campaign?
You know, the one where he beat the unbeatable Hillary Clinton... aka smartest woman in the world.

You honestly didnt just say that, rt? She's not smart enough to take her feet off the White House couches.

**Conjecture and Speculation is mine-I think she performs a very "special" function in administering to Trump...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

She invented #alternativefacts

Some people think she's a beauty

.... aaaand that's about it

Maybe she will simply go on TV and say it's all good now, and then spin the alternative facts so hard even the addicts will think they are the only one left that hasn't healed themselves by force of will alone. ??? Problem solved!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Shouldn’t a doctor who is a expert in addiction treatment be hired instead rather than some bimbo with no medical training?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

step 1 pull all our troops out of afganistan a major source of opoid based drugs

step 2 block all importation of pharmaceticaals from china until they close down labs in china making fentanyl

step 3 shut down pill farms where all of a sudden a new pharmacy opens up in little town and 90 percent of business is town druggies they have a doctor working as cohorts they right druggie a a script for a 90 day supply of percocets he gets for few dollars they keep half to send to brig cities

4give communitiy first responders narcan

5 set up treatment centers to try to get addicts off the poison.

about step 3 yes it happens my town has a pop of 600 but for some reason wink wink a new drug store opened up right across from our og drug store and it only takes prescrips from certain docs

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

step 2 block all importation of pharmaceticaals from china until they close down labs in china making fentanyl

A corporate president like Trump would never start a trade war. It would hurt him and his friends too much.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger As much as I would like to stop this epidemic this will never happen. Too many people rely on these drugs and about 56% do not need them. But yet we feed them these drugs and convince doctors to prescribe them. This is a problem that can't be solved by the courts or a EO. To many people would never invest in a campaign if that where to happen. And that is alot of money to lose. If you have doubts let me assure you that is the case. I recently came from a meeting talking about that. My expertise are in human relations but I get a seat at that table and I hate every moment of it. Trust me this will not end but get worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join