It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Possibly Habitable Exoplanet Found in the Depths of Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Another planet discovered that could support life as we know it here on Earth.

Whilst I am impressed with todays ability to locate and determine proof of these distant planets... I am quite confused about all the "excitement" about finding them.

They run the story like ... Oh here is another planet we might could move to or colonise....(if mankind was threatened with extinction.)
I maintain that no matter where man is, eventually they will be threatened with extinction, due to the bad elements inherent to our species.

And with todays known, or admitted technology, it would only take like 250,000 years to go 11 light years distance! Hell yeah, sign me up to move there???? Ha! All the info I can find says rockets only go about 35,000 MPH maximum at this point in technology.

So why all the excitement over finding another planet, which evidently are common as mud? even possibly habitable planets are quite common; just very far away. And one 4 light years away seems so close compared to others announced in the past.. and is yet impossibly far to consider for a visit.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

And all that can change within a decade if the discoveries are made and developed.

Best be ready.

Warp Factor 5, Mr Sulu

P

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

If it was on our target list, right at the top we could get the technology we needed or discover what was needed to get us from planet to planet in our own solar system a lot quicker than we currently have and to reach other stars would be done as well in a lot shorter time but sadly it's not something that any government really wants to plumb enough money in because it may take a couple decades and in their eyes that makes it a waste of time and money,...sadly.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Agree they would rather spend money on wars and feeding the greedy than further mankind's horizons! Shameful, sad and bloody stupid!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker
I am quite confused about all the "excitement" about finding them.

So why all the excitement over finding another planet, which evidently are common as mud?

Yeah, all that new fangled learning stuff... what's the point! I mean all it does is better place our position in the cosmos, and give those with imagination something to wonder about. Meh!

Come on everyone, back to the caves!

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You have to look at those happy people in a different way.

For mortal humans this discovery means nothing.

For immortal life sucking demons that love war and stealing all the gold from other planets using their 'undisclosed' U.F.O technology, it all makes sense as to why these elitist parasites are so happy.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
For immortal life sucking demons that love war and stealing all the gold from other planets using their 'undisclosed' U.F.O technology, it all makes sense as to why these elitist parasites are so happy.

That's a bizarre way to talk about astronomers...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sadly though, in the future the planet will fall under the control of corporations a la Weyland-Yutani corporation from the Aliens movie series.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Imagine their surprise when they get there and it’s already full of Mormons!!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guess what? There are billions of others just like this one.

Wake me up when the aliens get here.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
That's a bizarre way to talk about astronomers...

Who said all astronomers are mortal humans. Some could easily be possessed by demons.

Hell, look at the Observatory at Mount Graham in Tucson, launches LUCIFER - Hint Hint.

The Vatican with its false prophet are involved in that one.

These humans are probably under the control of the fallen watchers Barkayal and Tamiel.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

There was a thread that discusses the Stonehenge possibly being a Stargate, so maybe not Mormons but Celtic people.

edit on 11/30/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Another planet discovered that could support life as we know it here on Earth.

Whilst I am impressed with todays ability to locate and determine proof of these distant planets... I am quite confused about all the "excitement" about finding them.

They run the story like ... Oh here is another planet we might could move to or colonise....(if mankind was threatened with extinction.)
I maintain that no matter where man is, eventually they will be threatened with extinction, due to the bad elements inherent to our species.

And with todays known, or admitted technology, it would only take like 250,000 years to go 11 light years distance! Hell yeah, sign me up to move there???? Ha! All the info I can find says rockets only go about 35,000 MPH maximum at this point in technology.

So why all the excitement over finding another planet, which evidently are common as mud? even possibly habitable planets are quite common; just very far away. And one 4 light years away seems so close compared to others announced in the past.. and is yet impossibly far to consider for a visit.

Pravdaseeker

It's not them finding options for our space migration - it's just seeing whether we are unique or not and a precursor to verifying alien life in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, writers,

Thanks mikos123 for your response, and you might be 100% correct, it is just that the news stories are presented in the manner of "oh look, a new rental to trash"... Ha!

I think they know bloody well other critters exist "out there".. just too scared or something to admit it, since it would cause great consternation for many in religious circles I reckon.

I guess it does bring a new meaning to Christ saying he had sheep in many folds?

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: mikos123

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I think they know bloody well other critters exist "out there".. just too scared or something to admit it,

Poppycock. When the controversial 'life bearing' mars meteorite was discovered the then president Clinton went straight on camera to announce it to the world. That's hardly consistent with 'too scared' to admit it.

Some people really need to polish their tin foil hats... it seems the dust has settled a little too thickly!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I agree that mankind will go extinct sooner than later, but not because we're bad -- but because we're emotional and caring and extremely clever. We'll destroy entire rainforests to feed our kids and build huge, gas-guzzling SUVs to take them to soccer practice. We'll figure out how to manipulate our own DNA so we split off into a number of new species. And we'll build superintelligent artificial systems that will turn us all into gray goo.

Not evil. Just overpowering.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I guess it does bring a new meaning to Christ saying he had sheep in many folds?

Baa-a-a-a-ah!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thanks MarsisRed, and I understand this viewpoint of yours if you believed that the 1996 meteorite discovery did in fact show alien life.

It was, and is refuted by many, and the only thing they have a hard time debunking is the magnetite crystals in the meteorite.

Mars Life? 20 Years Later, Debate Over Meteorite Continues

This is all kind of a mute point I think ..Ha!

Didn't they just announce that the Russians found some "bugs" on the exterior hull of the Space Station? So, they do exist, or are able to exist in the cold vacuum of space.

When I mention too scared to admit it, it is in reference to how many people would react if it was suddenly announced on the news, for example.

A bug in space is quite a lot less intimidating than say, grey aliens with probes of sorts... I suppose it is a small step logically from verified space bug to probability of more advanced forms somewhere out there.

Some populations would not, may not react well to such information. Especially if it involved species that fly UFO's..Ha!

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: MarsIsRed

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Thanks Blue Shift, humorous reply there...enjoyed it's many possible meanings as well.

It is/was just a reminder for those that are of the Christian belief system...that those other "folds" might possibly be meant as other planets? I suppose the old Greek might not support this thought... but is a thought provoking additional meaning? to the well know Bible verse.

I didn't know honestly if Islam had any scriptures on aliens, and apparently it is considered they do in fact exist in the Quran.

Here is the link for it if you want.. Aliens and Extraterrestrial Life: An Islamic Look

I suppose the excitement about their discoveries.. these exo-planets.. is like one responder mentioned..

If the discovery of say warp drive comes along, we know where to go first for a good look. Basically words to that effect..

Personally, I don't have a problem with any of it.. I have figured there were bugs and more "out there" all along anyhow, so no earth shattering news for me..

If two of the world's major religious belief systems have scriptures accomodating their existence, then a real disclosure of what they really know could/should happen?

Currently though, I still have a bit of a chuckle when I see them announced in a manner as if they are a viable, likely home someday for our species...

Unless someone I knows can highjack a Vimana, or "hot wire" a Roswell disk....I think we are stuck here on Earth for a few more centuries at least.

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: Blue Shift
edit on 30-11-2017 by pravdaseeker because: Forgot last sentence..

join