It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 an Hour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Ok....They worked in 1980 for $4 an hour. When i got my first job in 1990, minimum wage was not even $4 an hour....sounds like they were not being paid pennies.

Search minimum wage 1980, you will see it was $3.10 an hour....Trump was a real jerk paying more than required!

edit on 30-11-2017 by theatreboy because: Update

edit on 30-11-2017 by theatreboy because: Same

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Funny, I thought this thread was about Trump hiring illegals, NOT HILLARY! Also, he makes all his product in OTHER COUNTRIES. Once again, Republican equals hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

trump has filed bankruptcy 4 times. Each time stiffing many people out of their money. He calls Hillary crooked, he needs to check himself.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

welcome to :

" the art of the deflection "

please note - this reply is not a defence of frump or his practices - and is strictly a-political - so dont embarass yourselfs my launching some idiotic counter attack

yup - welcome to the art of the deflection [ a pun based on the title of trumps book ]

everyone is doing it - and its very amusing - digging up 35 year old scandals

why now ? - its almost as if folks at time magazine want to shift public perceptions away from another story

i shall say it again - everyone does it - its just amusing to watch

carry on - i is only here to fling poo

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: badw0lf

Yeah. Yet another settlement. Buy your way out.
It's the American way.

Did the buck stop or not? What answer do you want?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
So Trump, the person who hates undocumented immigrants is more than happy to have used their labor in the past.

Trump, the man who never settles actually had to settle for $1.4 million dollars.

time.com...

Donald Trump quietly paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he stiffed a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish laborers to demolish a department store to make way for Trump Tower.

Recently unsealed documents show the amounts paid for unfair labor practices

President Donald Trump hired hundreds of undocumented Polish immigrants to demolish a New York City building in 1980 and paid them as little as $4 an hour without providing proper safety equipment to do the job, court documents show.

No, say it isn't so. Donald Trump, champion of the workers and of America, ripping people off and not paying them fairly. Trump , champion of American labor hiring undocumented immigrants.

The workers and their contractor, William Kaszycki of Kaszycki & Sons, sued Trump for unfair labor practices in 1983. After litigation dragged on for 15 years, Trump ultimately paid $1.375 million to settle the case.

"We worked in horrid, terrible conditions," Wojciech Kozak, one of the undocumented Polish workers at the demolition site, told the Times. "We were frightened illegal immigrants and did not know enough about our rights."

The settlement was kept under seal for nearly two decades. But last week, in response to a motion filed by Time Inc. and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, U.S. District Court Judge Loretta A. Preska ordered the documents be made public.

Yeah I know, #fakenews, #cult45, #butHillary, and yet Trump claimed to know nothing, just like Sergeant Schultz of Hogan's Heroes.

Trump later testified he did not know "that there were illegal aliens" working at his demolition site, an assertion refuted by Szabo, who said Trump threatened to have the men deported through his lawyer.

Szabo eventually got the Labor Department to open a wages-and-hours case for the workers that ended up winning them a $254,000 judgment against Kaszycki. Another worker, Harry Diduck, later brought a case against Kaszycki in federal court, where a judge ruled that Trump was the legal employer of the undocumented Polish workers.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

Trump boasts of never settling, and campaigned on hiring American workers while vowing to crack down on illegal immigration.

What a hypocritical asshat, but most people already knew that, didn't they?

I live in South Texas,most contractors (99%) subcontract ... guess what ... illegals with fraudulent documentation ...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yeah, I bet trump hired them.
That's not how it works.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I wonder what one "American" might do if his money couldn't settle "their" issues out of court...certainly no bleaching implied

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

And he's happy to hire them for his hotels too.
MAGA give those jobs to illegals then cry about illegals taking American jobs and blame it on Obama.
ha ha ha the loser....

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Some of us knew it. Others of us voted for him.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Novaroc

Oh we should ignore it because it makes you uncomfortable? Yeah okay.
Need tucking in at night? A nightlight or should we just leave the door cracked open a bit?
Don't worry this is the trump safe place. You're surrounded by friends here. Lol.
Lucky you....

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Well I guess we will never know so it's perfectly safe for you to make this claim since it won't ever be proven. How safe and secure you are in you views. Umm fantasies I mean.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHO YOUR FOREMAN WAS HIRING. That's the bosses responsibility.
Otherwise oh look you open yourself to litigation.
I background checked every single person I employed. Without fail. It cost money but it was worth it.
Criminal, credit, employment history. It's easy. If you are an employer who cares about their business that is...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Glad Time wasted so much effort on a story we knew about before the election and happened 28 years ago. Its not like this wasn't rolled out during the election.

Somehow they thought it relevant. It only took "Time" only 30 years to report this, pretty timely huh? Yes , I know you'll say "but the records were just released", but all the major details have been known since during the primaries if not before that. And people wonder why many distrust the media.......

Sounds like sour grapes for not accepting Man of the Year award.

Yawn....

You simply must do better than this.

edit on 30-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The ignorance of libtards is amazing, per your own info he hired " William Kaszycki of Kaszycki & Sons" i.e. a company to do the work

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I often wonder if Trump supporters realize the precedent that they themselves are setting.

I have to admit, it is entertaining. "So what Trump hired illegals... not like he's the only one who has done it."

"But Hilldog"

"He once didn't wash his hands.... gasp!"

You people downplay literally everything he does as "meh," and instantly deflect to Hillary/Obama/liberals.

Kind of like how Obama supporters deflected to Bush.

Dumbasses

ETA: first time I've seen Trump supporters actually in favor of illegals working illegally, though. Interesting.
edit on 30-11-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So Trump, the person who hates undocumented immigrants is more than happy to have used their labor in the past.

Ofcourse he did. The system is setup to not only encourage it but require it as a business model in certain industries. He nor you would be able to stay in business long in certain industries if you didn't hire illegals one way or another.

While I didn't vote for trump and think his Wall is a BS solution, he has no choice to outsource jobs and use illegal immigrants if he wants to survive as a business. You cant survive in certain industries using legal documented workers with benefits and high pay.

The people you need to blame is not Trump for this. You need to blame the DNC and GOP endorsed candidates before him that have been more than happy to look the other way while corporate America whored our country out and have passed laws or not enforces laws that allow them to make a short term dollar.

Trump boasts of never settling, and campaigned on hiring American workers while vowing to crack down on illegal immigration.

I doubt he is involved in the hiring process for many of these workers but even if he was its likely that he wouldn't even have known about it.

I have owned business in the past and normally depending on size and liability its not unusual to contract out your payroll and hiring services. I have received Social Security numbers along the lines as 111-11-1111 that you knew were fake , but having them checked by the hiring and payroll services they came back as valid, I $h1t you not.

The system is more than willing to look the other way . Its encouraged because the biggest and most powerful lobbyist love nothing more than slave labor. That is why American Corporations love to ship jobs oversea to China or hire illegals here by using a multi step CYA process.

Outsourcing jobs is the equivalent of sending terrorist to Guantanamo Bay for Corporate America. It allows them to LEGALLY abuse their workers and pay slave labor rates where is not allowed in the states.
Again that was all their before TRUMP he just used the Process put in place and supported by the politicians before him such as Bush,Reagon,Clintons , Obama, etc

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Did he sell our uranium assets to the Russians? Why is it the worse crimes are kicked under the rug and go unpunished when they are committed by the left? una reply to: bgerbger

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So am I to beleive that Trump puts on a hard hat and micro manages his construction projects all the way down to hiring and firing floor sweepers? I don't know if you are aware of this, but Trump has quite a few business interests and likely hires people to manage certain aspects of his empire. It's called "business", look into it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join