It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 an Hour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So Trump, the person who hates undocumented immigrants is more than happy to have used their labor in the past.

Trump, the man who never settles actually had to settle for $1.4 million dollars.

time.com...

Donald Trump quietly paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he stiffed a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish laborers to demolish a department store to make way for Trump Tower.

Recently unsealed documents show the amounts paid for unfair labor practices

President Donald Trump hired hundreds of undocumented Polish immigrants to demolish a New York City building in 1980 and paid them as little as $4 an hour without providing proper safety equipment to do the job, court documents show.

No, say it isn't so. Donald Trump, champion of the workers and of America, ripping people off and not paying them fairly. Trump , champion of American labor hiring undocumented immigrants.

The workers and their contractor, William Kaszycki of Kaszycki & Sons, sued Trump for unfair labor practices in 1983. After litigation dragged on for 15 years, Trump ultimately paid $1.375 million to settle the case.

"We worked in horrid, terrible conditions," Wojciech Kozak, one of the undocumented Polish workers at the demolition site, told the Times. "We were frightened illegal immigrants and did not know enough about our rights."

The settlement was kept under seal for nearly two decades. But last week, in response to a motion filed by Time Inc. and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, U.S. District Court Judge Loretta A. Preska ordered the documents be made public.

Yeah I know, #fakenews, #cult45, #butHillary, and yet Trump claimed to know nothing, just like Sergeant Schultz of Hogan's Heroes.

Trump later testified he did not know "that there were illegal aliens" working at his demolition site, an assertion refuted by Szabo, who said Trump threatened to have the men deported through his lawyer.

Szabo eventually got the Labor Department to open a wages-and-hours case for the workers that ended up winning them a $254,000 judgment against Kaszycki. Another worker, Harry Diduck, later brought a case against Kaszycki in federal court, where a judge ruled that Trump was the legal employer of the undocumented Polish workers.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

Trump boasts of never settling, and campaigned on hiring American workers while vowing to crack down on illegal immigration.

What a hypocritical asshat, but most people already knew that, didn't they?
edit on 30-11-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2017 by bgerbger because: Sergeant, not Colonel

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Most people know nothing of the construction trade,and storys I hear sound really lame,in construction you may hire day laborers for ,even the IRS gives them the ability to sub contract,he may of been prime contractor,but work is performed by sub contractors,they are supposed to do the screening,do you really think Trump would be talking with 4 dr an hr guys?,no he would be talking with 200 dollar an hr guys,use your head

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Seriously, this is getting just out of control. How much life did you just waste researching to put this together? 1983? 1980? And, in the end he paid TWICE. Is he still doing that? Looks like it was settled in court. IN A COURT OF LAW. I did lots of crap I'm not proud of in my years growing to where I am now. Still will probably learn a few more lessons by screwing up. But I have PAID for those mistakes, sometimes in a COURT OF LAW.

People change. For better or worse. If there are unpaid misdeeds, fair. If it's been settled, let it go. We are just a vapor man. Stop adding worthless issues to the sh$! show.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I am not sure, I may be wrong...

But, I think pretty much everyone who has read anything about Trump, knows of this.

I even used it when replying to someone going on about how illegals contribute to society so Trump is an ass. Yet there he was back in the day... was he an ass then? or is he now, for when he used illegals?

You want it both ways..

Running a business where the minutia is delegated to other areas. Who'd have thunk.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Once he didn't wash his hands after using the toilet back in 79, he must be the worst Pres ever!!!

Sometimes I wish hillary was elected President just to see the left being soooo butthurt when it turns out that hilldog wouldn't give a flying f@#k about you regardless of where you standing, left or right as the only American she would care about is hillary clinton...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Well he is a business man not mother Teresa, he is in the business of making money, to make money you get the best deals, if illegals will work for pennies he's not going to turn them away he will just turn the other cheek.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I did general contracting and real estate investment and I didn’t always know who my foreman hired to get the job done. I am just some nobody and I didn’t do all of my own crews. I guarantee Trump had no idea who was hired for most of his jobs.

It simply isn’t possible to know and the industry works with lots of day labor and short term workers depending on how busy things are at the time.

edit on 2017/11/30 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

There's this thing called an I9. It's not really that vague or hard to understand. It is also required by federal law.
Or don't you care about laws and stuff.

Where does the buck stop, exactly?
edit on 11/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I did general contracting and real estate investment and I didn’t always know who my foreman hired to get the job done. I am just some nobody and I didn’t do all of my own crews. I guarantee Trump had no idea who was hired for most of his jobs.

It simply isn’t possible to know and the industry works with lots of day labor and short term workers depending on how busy things are at the time.

Are you saying you made money through hiring illegals to work for pennies, I will refrase that... You may have unknowingly made money in the building industry and used illegal workers "unknowingly " to do so?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't I9 from 1986?

So after the alleged problems stated in the op.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was replying to this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Nothing to correct there.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

How about the OP?

Donald Trump quietly paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he stiffed a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish laborers to demolish a department store to make way for Trump Tower.

Union buster? Champion of the working class?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How about the OP?

Yes, about the op

President Donald Trump hired hundreds of undocumented Polish immigrants to demolish a New York City building in 1980 and paid them as little as $4 an hour without providing proper safety equipment to do the job, court documents show.

Form I-9, officially the Employment Eligibility Verification, is a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services form. Mandated by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, it is used to verify the identity and legal authorization to work of all paid employees in the United States.

The legal issue went on past that year, but the employment was in 1980.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

So it was ok to hire "undocumented immigrants?"

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

So it was ok to hire "undocumented immigrants?"

Was he directly involved with and aware of who was being employed?

We're back to post #2 in this thread..

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Where does the buck stop. Exactly?

Trump still seems to have a problem with that.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Where does the buck stop. Exactly?

1998 in this case. To the tune of $1.4 million.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Yeah. Yet another settlement. Buy your way out.
It's the American way.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

At least he was held accountable..
Some "Americans" just destroy, bleach or hide the evidence and act as nothing happened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join