It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats in Congress Oppose Tax Cuts For Americans - That is Callous - But They Want Your Vote.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It doesn’t matter how anyone but republicans and Christians feel. They gots the whole world in their hands.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

It doesn’t matter how anyone but republicans and Christians feel. They gots the whole world in their hands.

Now that the bill is out for "reading", what parts exactly are bad for most people?

redirect to CNN just for you

Don't be shy with quotes and details.

Thank You in advance

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22959600]xuenchen

Nothing.

It’s trump repubs and Christians world now.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Metallicus

Right. Many Democrats say that 30% of the middle class will not see a reduction in taxes. That may be true. I'm one of them. But if 70% (or even 50%) of the people who voted for me get a TAX CUT, I'm a FOOL not to back that legislation!

I certainly hope the voters are not as dumb as Democrat lawmakers think they are!

I did the calculator and I'll get a tax cut of 5 to 6k with either plan.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Same thing happened in 2004. Basic econ 101 fail. Corporations don't expand when they get a windfall. They expand when there is more demand for their products or services. That requires greater participation from the bottom up.

Republicans used to be smart enough to understand this. What happened?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Seriously... I stop looking for answers to people reacting to consequence, therefore I see it as a joke that they are even offered the chance to have a platform to fight each other back and forth. They fight endlessly... up until a 3rd party gets involved... then they're magically best friends all of a sudden. Why??? Because, they know that voters are STUPID, and will give them more shots to fail in the future.

Voters are to blame if government shuts down. Like I said, garbage in... garbage out. In this information age, we should be reading stats... not a letter next to the name.

I agree, they keep voting the same old dinosaurs in decade after decade with the same attitude of voting party lines, WTF created that model? Either party could have the cure for cancer and the otherside would still vote party lines against it. This tax reform should not be another 30 year fix. It should evolve over time. I say it is a good start, because any new start would be good, but nothing is perfect out of the box, it needs to be constantly worked for what is best, but that is something neither part would do.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Why in the world are you concerned about Democrats and their "nerve"?

News Flash!

The Republicans can pass ANYTHING they want WITHOUT the Democrats. So let them. Taxes. Healthcare. Whatever. BUT PLEASE, stop blaming the Democrats for those things being done by the Republicans. The REPUBLICANS control the government. Maybe you've heard? Please, can you guys just own it for once. It's not that big a deal. You won. Enjoy!

This shouldn't be a Republican win or Democrats win issue. I'm sad that both sides continue the all or nothing approach on these vital pieces of legislation. It makes for inferior legislation when a better compromise piece of legislation would benefit far more Americans.

Taxes effect us all, why shouldn't both sides have major input into vital things? I blame my Republican Congress as much as the Democrats. Sooner or later we've got to stop this. America works best when all sides have skin in the game.

You can't keep opposing things simply because the other side will shape it more. Likewise you shouldn't ignore the minority party's ideas either. Either way isn't optimal.

Taxes, Healthcare, Immigration, Energy Jobs and Infrastructure would all benefit from from broad consensus instead of the crap we end up getting.

The sooner we stop being Republicans and Democrats, the better for what we really are: AMERICANS.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

But that isn’t real. What is real is the economy and trumpcare belong to the trump repub Christians now. Get it done, all the power is on one side.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

But that isn’t real. What is real is the economy and trumpcare belong to the trump repub Christians now. Get it done, all the power is on one side.

It wasn't real under Obama or under Bush either......

Under Clinton and Reagan at least they knew how to compromise.

You seem fine with the status quo, I'm not.

We need to demand and expect better.

If the Democrats are going to cede the economy to the Republicans, I doubt that will work in their favor. People vote with their pocketbooks.
edit on 16-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Why in the world are you concerned about Democrats and their "nerve"?

News Flash!

The Republicans can pass ANYTHING they want WITHOUT the Democrats. So let them. Taxes. Healthcare. Whatever. BUT PLEASE, stop blaming the Democrats for those things being done by the Republicans. The REPUBLICANS control the government. Maybe you've heard? Please, can you guys just own it for once. It's not that big a deal. You won. Enjoy!

Republicans do not 'control the government' and all representatives should b held to account for their voting record.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Lol, you mean except any successes - they belong to Obama, of course. Like the incredible surge in consumer confidence and the stock market. I am sure if the tax plan is passed and people get to see extra money in their pockets, you dems will find a way to credit Obama too.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I don’t care about the democrats. They failed to convince republicans and evangelicals that they had a good healthcare or economics plan. Now it’s in the hands of trump republicans and evangelicals. Let’s see what they can do with the economy and trumpcare.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am a conservative, but lets be honest a few weeks ago the plan was like 600 pages, now its over 1000 I seriously doubt that extra 300+ pages is full of things to help the little people.

Once again the problem is not the president its congress, democrat republican does not matter they are two sides of the same busted old coin.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I don’t care about the democrats. They failed to convince republicans and evangelicals that they had a good healthcare or economics plan. Now it’s in the hands of trump republicans and evangelicals. Let’s see what they can do with the economy and trumpcare.

Looking great so far.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If the opportunities come from the rich as promised to my grown kids, I’ll vote straight Republican in 2020. Times are always good as long as deficits don’t matter. But if my kids and grandkids don’t have to pay for the debt, hell let’s live it up.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If the opportunities come from the rich as promised to my grown kids, I’ll vote straight Republican in 2020. Times are always good as long as deficits don’t matter. But if my kids and grandkids don’t have to pay for the debt, hell let’s live it up.

I would argue a different position - if the opportunities come from a strong economy, don't live it up, just live well - and save for your kids and grandkids. The opportunity for a kid to get a head start these days is quite rare. Too many generations have lived it up and left nothing but debt for future generations.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Same thing happened in 2004. Basic econ 101 fail. Corporations don't expand when they get a windfall. They expand when there is more demand for their products or services. That requires greater participation from the bottom up.

Republicans used to be smart enough to understand this. What happened?

Whether a company pays 35% or 21% taxes will drive the choice of where they operate in the US or outside the US. Corps are not some evil entity that are out to screw humans, they are like a river that flow the path of least resistance to profitability, and it is crazy that their least resistance path would be in China on the other side of the planet. 21% puts taxes inline with much of the world that could drive jobs back home as that river of profit sees manufacturing overseas becomes the more resistant path.

Is 21% correct, IDK. Will it all work out IDK, but it is at least a start, I hope. Many countries look at their tax code every few years, when we wait 30 it can't be good. I would like this simplification to continue on until we are at a flat tax one day with zero loopholes and everyone knows what they owe very quickly, including corporations.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

A flat tax would be superb. Contrary to the propaganda, the rich (not the ultra rich) pay far too much in tax. They get screwed.
A flat tax would spread the cost more fairly and no loopholes would hit the 1% who actually do find exotic ways to avoid paying.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Oh geez Whitakers. Tamping down the beautiful expectations already. Blaming the kids too.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Several grand more for me every year so I'm for it and even those that don't pay anything will get more back.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join