It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats in Congress Oppose Tax Cuts For Americans - That is Callous - But They Want Your Vote.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Republican Plan Delivers Permanent Corporate Tax Cuts

“Contrary to their assertions, the Republicans are picking winners and losers,” Jerry Howard, the chief executive of the National Association of Homebuilders, said in an interview. “They are picking rich Americans and corporations over small businesses and the middle class.”

The National Association of Realtors came out swinging against the bill, suggesting a huge fight awaits over how real estate is treated.

“Eliminating or nullifying the tax incentives for homeownership puts home values and middle-class homeowners at risk, and from a cursory examination this legislation appears to do just that,” said William E. Brown, the president of the association. “We will have additional details upon a more thorough reading of the bill.”

Mr. Howard of the homebuilders group said the bill was a broken promise.

“It puts such severe limitations on homebuyers’ ability to use the mortgage interest deduction that home values will fall,” he said.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Winners find opportunities in change and take advantage of those opportunities.

Complaining, without taking action, only inflicts self-harm.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Interesting. I'm sure you said the same thing when the ACA mandate passed for the "greater good." Right?

Spare me the lecture on opportunities and "winners." Pablum while Rome burns.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's the point in debating that the captains of our yacht are only qualified enough to operate a dingy? Is it the captains fault that they're in way over their head, or is it the fault of who is responsible for the life of the yacht... letting a dingy captain keep having chances to keep from running ashore? Sorry, but American voters prefer to let drunk captains keep a job so it's kind of senseless to bicker about what drunk captains do as they drive drunk... people should move past the expectations that their failed vote will undoubtedly mess up the vessel or its worth.

My point is, that it should be embarrassing to voters that our economy could even talk about the idea of shutting down over butt hurt leverages between the Democrips and Rebloodlicans. Here we are in such a fragile state of economical affairs, and these shmucks are going to go home because they can't get along??? Lock them in a damn room until they come to an agreement based on citizenship for all I care... with no overtime pay... just cots and MRE's until a plan is acted on. I am more agitated that voters allow these idiots to play these stupid games... people that get sucked into the stupidities of the facade along the way should have their voting rights reanalyzed if you ask me. Because the common voter can't see through this dilemma and can't get out of the Red/Blue machine, the ability to make a prejudiced Red/Blue vote should be eliminated... forcing people to vote based on stats with no influences of color.

We had forefathers and ancestors lay their lives down for rights to vote, and the common voter is settled with the fact that their elected policy makers work on part time efforts with a full time paying gig?

Seriously... I stop looking for answers to people reacting to consequence, therefore I see it as a joke that they are even offered the chance to have a platform to fight each other back and forth. They fight endlessly... up until a 3rd party gets involved... then they're magically best friends all of a sudden. Why??? Because, they know that voters are STUPID, and will give them more shots to fail in the future.

Voters are to blame if government shuts down. Like I said, garbage in... garbage out. In this information age, we should be reading stats... not a letter next to the name.
edit on 30-11-2017 by ttobban because: added comments

edit on 30-11-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

My point is, that it should be embarrassing to voters that our economy could even talk about the idea of shutting down over butt hurt leverages between the Democrips and Rebloodlicans. Here we are in such a fragile state of economical affairs, and these shmucks are going to go home because they can't get along??? Lock them in a damn room until they come to an agreement based on citizenship for all I care... with no overtime pay... just cots and MRE's until a plan is acted on.

We had forefathers and ancestors lay their lives down for rights to vote, and the common voter is settled with the fact that their elected policy makers work on part time efforts with a full time paying gig?

Seriously... I stop looking for answers to people reacting to consequence, therefore I see it as a joke that they are even offered the chance to have a platform to fight each other back and forth. They fight endlessly... up until a 3rd party gets involved... then they're magically best friends all of a sudden. Why??? Because, they know that voters are STUPID, and will give them more shots to fail in the future.

Voters are to blame if government shuts down. Like I said, garbage in... garbage out. In this information age, we should be reading stats... not a letter next to the name.

You're right that:

1.) Congress thinks voters are dumb. (138 days at work for $190,000 salary)

2.) Voters keep proving that we're dumb by buying into flashy commercials and speeches, instead of looking at their record.

Point taken. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Interesting. I'm sure you said the same thing when the ACA mandate passed for the "greater good." Right?

No...I did not. It was obvious that the ACA was going to hurt more Americans than it helped. It's getting worse and needs to be replaced, or augmented.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Tax cut?

No, it’s a massive transfer of wealth from the poor and MC to the rich

ALL impartial judges of this so called tax cut say it ends up raising taxes on those earning under 75 thou and cuts massively those making over a million

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The Bobs are the American voter, and politicians are Peter!!!

edit on 30-11-2017 by ttobban because: bad link

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Anyone who Supports the Democratic Party in 2017 is a Brain Dead Piece of Rotten Meat . Got Maggots Liberals ?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

No...I did not. It was obvious that the ACA was going to hurt more Americans than it helped. It's getting worse and needs to be replaced, or augmented.

It's getting worse because of the GOP, not because of the bill. Any other interpretation is an abdication of fact.

What was the Tea Party yelling about back in the day? I imagine they are all putting on their tri-corner hats and wigs and marching with pitchforks over this bill, with it's raising of the deficit by a trillion plus after growth measures are accounted for..I bet our patriot friends are marching on Washington with righteous wrath right about now!!!

What?

Oh.

Hm.

Maybe it wasn't about taxes and deficits after all...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Health insurance companies started leaving the ObamaCare market when President Obama was in charge. In fact, 50% of them left in 2015 alone.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Back on topic... The U.S. Senate passed Tax-Cuts/Tax Reform last night, with ZERO Democrats voting for it.

After a frantic round of negotiations, Republicans came together in near unanimity behind the landmark legislation. The final vote was 51 to 49, with Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., the lone GOP holdout. No Democrats voted for the bill.
Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

At election time, Democrats in Congress will have answer for why they voted against giving a lot of their constituants a pay raise.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hahaha... now my posts in this thread prior become even more truthful to me.

Great job voters... way to let the policy makers think they're beefs are worth more than what the citizens who pay them are worth.

Bet it now... you voters will continue to allow Red & Blue pollutants have another shot come next election cycle.

Garbage votes in = Garbage policy out

I am glad to say that I didn't cause this, because I refuse to vote Red or Blue... enjoy the bed you all made voters!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Tax cut?

No, it’s a massive transfer of wealth from the poor and MC to the rich

ALL impartial judges of this so called tax cut say it ends up raising taxes on those earning under 75 thou and cuts massively those making over a million

the truly poor do not pay taxes. been there done that. oh boo hoo i cant get a i-phone..sheesh.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

"Republicans Will Cut Social Security And Medicare After Tax Plan Passes, Says Marco Rubio"
link

Good luck running on that Republicans

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Regnor

I'm all for reducing public sector and increasing private sector. Look at Russia. Just about everything is socialized and public sector. And what kind of services are provided? Very poor services.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: obeseman

Good luck trying to sell that to anyone. The people that will be most affected, the older citizens, are the ones who have high voter turnouts.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

Good luck trying to sell that to anyone. The people that will be most affected, the older citizens, are the ones who have high voter turnouts.

my ma is retired but the ACA deducts from her check. that sucks she is being forced to pay that to cover those who game the system

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Regnor

my ma is retired but the ACA deducts from her check. that sucks she is being forced to pay that to cover those who game the system

That's one of the taxes that the Congress wants to eliminate in the 2018 budget. There is a new ObamaCare/ACA tax set to kick in on 80% of Americans on 1/1/2018, as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
December 15, 2017

One thing that should make Democrats happy, occurred today. The final tax bill will NOT repeal the "Estate Tax" that children have to pay, when their second parent dies.

www.wealthmanagement.com...

Did you know that when PRINCE died, 50% of his $200 million net-worth went directly to Uncle Sam?
www.billboard.com...

Keeping this horrendous tax should make the jealous/lazy types happy!

edit on 12/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join