It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats in Congress Oppose Tax Cuts For Americans - That is Callous - But They Want Your Vote.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
as I understand it only americans pay taxes to the American government so your thread title is ,um, full of #. aren`t American business owners americans? aren`t elite wealthy americans, americans? perhaps you meant that democrats in congress oppose tax cuts for poor blood sucking American parasites who pay little to no taxes?
edit on 29-11-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Excellent post!

I can already see this H&R Block 2018 ad: "Now that Tax Reform has been implemented, we are here to help you navigate through all the confusing new rules and regulations!"

I bet the states where people can now deduct state taxes paid, from their Federal Tax liability, are really #tin bricks. Citizens in those states will ramp up their "creativity" to reduce the amount of state income taxes they pay. There's a wanna-be politician here in Illinois who's already hitting the Tax Reform plan hard for that reason.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
as I understand it only americans pay taxes to the American government so your thread title is ,um, full of #. aren`t American business owners americans? aren`t elite wealthy americans, americans? perhaps you meant that democrats in congress oppose tax cuts for poor blood sucking American parasites who pay little to no taxes?

I bet you're voice-dictating to your cell phone, aren't ya?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's cute that you still believe that the deficit isn't going to explode if this passes. And since the States will be receiving less money, they'll have to raise taxes.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: xuenchen
Many voters in Democrat pockets don't quite know what all the tax laws are about.

All they "hear" is what rich people make and what poor people don't make.

The worst elementary and high school education systems are in Democrat pockets.

And most Democrat pockets don't have candidate choices that are not Democrat.

And despite what any politician says...Republican or Democrat pockets aside...none of them give a rat's ass about saving anyone money...except themselves.

This whole 2 party system needs to be razed...

You are obviously smarter than me. That is due to I have zero idea how an increase in the number of parties gets rid of crony capitalism, party whips, general campaign donations, party control of who gets national campaign funds....get the idea??? No change in those mechanisms means no different in result no matter how many or few parties there are.

Except I see no multi-party nation in any better shape than the U.S.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
It's cute that you still believe that the deficit isn't going to explode if this passes. And since the States will be receiving less money, they'll have to raise taxes.

If you're right, then RAISING Federal taxes on everyone will REDUCE the deficit, and cause states to LOWER the amount taxes taken from citizens.

Put Hillary in the White House in 2020, and we'll find out. Until then, let's try it the Republican way.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If you're right, then RAISING Federal taxes on everyone will REDUCE the deficit, and cause states to LOWER the amount taxes taken from citizens.

Put Hillary in the White House in 2020, and we'll find out. Until then, let's try it the Republican way.

Dude don't even joke about that.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

en.wikipedia.org...

Red and Blue, I see no difference. All I see is that apparently the best we can offer as American voters as a whole is to lean on a Red/Blue machine that has failed so many times prior, but will get another shot by ALLOWING THEM TO SIT ON THE DUTIES OF THEIR JOB. Way to go folks... not only have you let them sit on reaching important decisions and battle back and forth in such petty fashion, but you've all allowed them to reside in 5 out of 10 of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country. Not makers of goods... its financial manipulators that you've hired to steer policy.

Garbage in... Garbage out... that's what you get folks, because that's the best you voters can offer up as healing measures. No wonder they shut down congress to establish beefs... voters already allowed them to be the wealthiest Americans to be half-butted warriors of lobbying.

This post is not necessarily directed at you... it's just absurd to me to think that anything within the Red/Blue machine is healthy and on paths to fix things. Maybe it's not the politicians that suck... maybe it's the voters who suck??? Seriously... why am I even discussing that as a maybe... I pretty much wrote it in as a fact.

I will vote for the strongest 3rd party candidate... until the Red/Blue machine renders itself useless. Only then will I shift my avatar back to stars and stripes instead of logos and stripes...

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
well from what I`ve read the debt is so high that even if the government took all the money from everyone in America it wouldn`t pay off the debt so if the total wealth of America isn`t enough to pay off the debt why does it matter how much they raise taxes? even if they take %90 of your income in taxes they still won`t be able to pay off the debt and will have to borrow money, money that they will have to raise taxes to repay.
just be glad that they are only taking %30 or %50 of the money you worked for and borrowed the other %50 to keep the country alive, because they could take all your money and still not be able to keep the country alive without borrowing more money.basically your working on the titanic shoveling coal into the boilers and no amount of effort on your part is going to stop the ship from sinking,you`re just a coal shoveler and you`re going down with the ship, no matter how hard they tell you to work. work hard or don`t work at all, it doesn`t matter the ship is sinking and you`re going down with it.
edit on 30-11-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

That's that beautiful Trumptard logic we all love around here.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Unless you are rich I don't see how this will benefit you. Time will tell I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust Unless you are rich I don't see how this will benefit you. Time will tell I guess.

borrowing money is always stupid, half of all the money the U.S. spends every year is borrowed money and that doesn`t even include the 20 trillion they already owe.
at this point it doesn`t really matter the U.S. has only two options, go bankrupt, or kill everyone they owe money to,and since they have more weapons than money I1m guessing they will kill everyone they owe money to,when they are in a corner and have to pay the money back. I guess it`s a good thing that the U.S. spent most of that borrowed money on high tech weapons,so that they can kill the people who lent them the money to build those weapons.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree That is a sad truth and sadly that is very possible. I am glad that I made the choice to not have kids in these days. # will hit the fan very soon. We are at the point of no return. It hurts to think about.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: bluechevytree That is a sad truth and sadly that is very possible. I am glad that I made the choice to not have kids in these days. # will hit the fan very soon. We are at the point of no return. It hurts to think about.

yep, it` s all going to come crashing down and as a military veteran I won`t have any motivation to help rebuild this system, let the rich and the elite fight and die to rebuild this cluster# that only benefits them, I have no interest in getting involved in that #. I`ll suck this corrupt system dry as long as I can and when it comes crashing down I`ll be the first in line to fight to stop it from getting rebuilt.
edit on 30-11-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree I am right their with ya. When this comes crashing down I will be on the front lines. I am young enough and have the means to bring a power to its knees. God bless America and God bless the UNITED STATES. Now that being said let's try a diplomatic way first.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Dude don't even joke about that.

Sorry..just trying to understand the logic that makes Regnor believe the way he does.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

If a deal isn't reached to keep the government running, and it begins shutting down on December 9th, that might be a good thing? Let is shut down for a few months, and "fix" things...drain the swamp, etc.. while it's off-line?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That's that beautiful Trumptard logic we all love around here.

Thanks! We appreciate your support.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I often wonder who belongs to this party,has to be the elite,get the workers to pay all their taxes to them,then tell them how they are going to spend their money,like it or not,who has this mindset?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

a reply to: ttobban

If a deal isn't reached to keep the government running, and it begins shutting down on December 9th, that might be a good thing? Let is shut down for a few months, and "fix" things...drain the swamp, etc.. while it's off-line?

Yeah. All those people who work in government don't need the money. No mortgage payments to meet. No utility bills. No rent.

No problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join