It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC Got 444,938 Net-Neutrality Comments From Russian Email Addresses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The FCC Chairman announced proposals to "change" to some rules affecting how internet traffic might be "handled" and they opened up a comment section to get opinions from "the public".

Maybe that is outdated in today's atmosphere of "emphasis" and how that "emphasis" is conveyed and delivered.

Looks like they monitored some very unusual "commentative" activity.

Some even from Russian email Addresses !!

FCC Got 444,938 Net-Neutrality Comments From Russian Email Addresses

Wheeler Reacts to Net Neutrality Plan

Someone was trying to game the U.S. Federal Communications Commission’s electronic public comment system on net-neutrality rules.

But who? Was it supporters or foes of the open internet rules -- or was it the Russians?

A study has found more than 7.75 million comments were submitted from email domains attributed to FakeMailGenerator.com, and they had nearly identical wording. The FCC says some of the nearly 23 million comments on Chairman Ajit Pai’s proposal to gut Obama-era rules were filed under the same name more than 90 times each.

And then there were the 444,938 from Russian email addresses, which also raised eyebrows, even though it’s unclear if they were from actual Russian citizens or computer bots originating in the U.S. or elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, here in Japan we can use our computers all we want and I think we have the fastest speed around the world and we pay only about 42 USD a month. Not sure about what controls are used to block sites, but I do know that window explorer blocks sites here in Japan. (either they block the site or the usage of the site) sites like where you can download music and books, something like that. Can Americans still visit 4 shared.com ?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Can Americans still visit 4 shared.com ?

I can, but have no reason to visit.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's my understanding that if people own the copy write of the material they can post it on there.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting that the Democrats have tried to divert attention from their own BS by deflecting to the Russians.

Now the Right is screaming RUSSIANS. If that doesn't ring your BS meter not sure what will.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's my understanding that if people own the copy write of the material they can post it on there.

Then why would it be blocked?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well the law in the states is if you own a physical copy (like a DVD, CD ect.) than you own the copyright for that media, so you're legally allowed to download a digital backup should the physical copy get compromised.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They’ve found equally huge numbers of fake comments for AND against NN. This is done in order to muddy the water to the point that it discredits the public comment format in general.
They can choose to ignore public sentiment now by simply claiming its unreliable.

I predict the White House petition system will go the same route soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well the law in the states is if you own a physical copy (like a DVD, CD ect.) than you own the copyright for that media, so you're legally allowed to download a digital backup should the physical copy get compromised.

Lol, no. It is absolutely not true that purchase of a book transfers the copyright to you.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I think he means download it for private use. Which could be fine, except who uploaded that media?
Not the legal copyright holder of the media, that's for sure. So yeah, both of you are right. You can download a digital copy if you bought it, but unless the owners make it available(which they won't) you won't find it anywhere(legally)

Edit: sry for the drift. Yeah russian comments. Cheeki Breeki. In mother russia net neutralizes you
edit on 30-11-2017 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A ton of vpn's go through Russia.

A new networking security guy can block an ip range, and they don't even have a new guy? bs

top topics

join