It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasdaq latest to announce bitcoin futures contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nasdaq Inc plans to launch a futures contract based on bitcoin in 2018

CME Group, the world’s largest derivatives exchange, and CBOE Holdings, have both said they plan to launch futures products based on bitcoin this year
Source

Great news for all the hodlers and bad news for all the naysayers, Nasdaq is now going to be offering bitcoin futures contracts along CME Group and others. Bitcoin is about to become mainstream... See you guys on the moon!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I don't know really what any of this means, but is it along the lines of banks possibly controlling Bitcoin in some ways?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The bankers will regulate that type of currency in the future, private citizens are not allowed to create money just like at one time they were not allowed to have gold.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No money was created. It is based on US dollars. I bought some in the beginning of this year, and I am making bank!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

No money was created. It is based on US dollars. I bought some in the beginning of this year, and I am making bank!

Well I'm happy to hear that. By the way have you bought anything with it yet? Although this may sound a bit off, I might try to put up a hundred bucks into bitcoin next month. I have someone do it and its more of a partnership like deal and just see what happens to it. My understanding is that a broker is involved with trying to sell your division of bitcoin.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hi Visitedbythem..

I am a poor purr purr.. Can I has bitcoin???

wish I hadn't sold mine at $700 years ago, my few satoshi would be a new car today

( I buy cheap cars shut up you lot.. )

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Well I'm happy to hear that. By the way have you bought anything with it yet? Although this may sound a bit off, I might try to put up a hundred bucks into bitcoin next month. I have someone do it and its more of a partnership like deal and just see what happens to it. My understanding is that a broker is involved with trying to sell your division of bitcoin.

There are places (not widely yet) that you can buy direct with btc. I bought a ne mobo and cpu ages ago from an online btc vendor. that was easily 6-7 years ago..

but there are also exchanges you send them coin, they transfer usd to your bank account, but they typically take a % and I dislike that..

Ive not looked in years (feathercoin was booming lol) but can only imagine now its a lot more common. try checking some btc/ltc other alt coin forums to see how they use it irl!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Many experts claim that this growth is the result of reduced hype surrounding the US dollar. They believe that this is more a case of the dollar depreciating than the price of bitcoin rising.

Crypto-analysts claim that the US Federal Reserve has printed so much money in the last 10 – 20 years that not even the regulator actually knows how much USD is in circulation around the globe.
Source: alpari.com...

It is incredible everything that is generating Bitcoin and that is not regulated by any central bank, what else can happen

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yes I have! I love to spend money. Especially when I bought is so much cheaper. It is worth so much more now.

originally posted by: musicismagic

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz This is all very bad. Soon they will have to rely on crypto as a buying power. This market will crash and when it does # will hit the fan.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem If you own any those of crypto hold on to it. The price WILL drop then it will sky rocket before it tanks. Find the happy middle and cash out. Though that will not help others at least you can help yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
My wife has been talking about me setting up an investment portfolio. We have to have her late fathers estate cleared and we have a large 2 story house we are remodeling to sell to finance my stock market adventure.

I told her a couple months ago I wanted to buy some bitcoin, now seeing it go up in value so much I hope I haven't missed that train.

When the time comes I will look into some of the others but really hope to get some BC

top topics

join