It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Madrid Skyscraper Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A fire broke on in the early hours of saturday in the empty Windsor building. The empty building has been burning since then and there are fears ithe fire might spread to other buildings. Concrete rubble has been falling from the buidling and there is no indication how serious the damage is

www.reuters.com
An intense fire ravaged a sky scraper in central Madrid on Saturday, causing no injuries but sparking fear the blaze could spread to nearby buildings.

Madrid Mayor Alberto Ruiz Gallardon told reporters that with huge pieces of rubble falling off the structure, it was unclear whether the concrete skeleton of the office building would hold.

State radio said the Windsor building, a well known landmark in Madrid, has 32 floors and that 14 have already burned down.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a blaze that has gone out of control and really shows the vulnerability skyscrapers have to fires. Thankfully there was no need to evacute the buidling. To me it is almost hubris to build large skyscrapers that are near impossible to evacuate quickly, and can be incredibly difficult for fireman to rescue. No word on the cause but it is probably going to be rather mino since no one was there. I think some are going to first blame terrorists for the fire regardless out of fear

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Fourteen floors have burned and the building still hasn't collapsed?

The WTC must have been very flimsily built. Especially WTC7 that wasn't even struck by a plane.

Maybe stronger concrete structures make a big difference.

SMR

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Been watching this since it was reported,,,here of course

Wanted to see when it would be reported that it fell due to fire for obvious reasons

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Fourteen floors have burned and the building still hasn't collapsed?

The WTC must have been very flimsily built. Especially WTC7 that wasn't even struck by a plane.

Maybe stronger concrete structures make a big difference.

Don't you think there were some differences between the Madrid skyscraper and WTC?.... like for example there were explosions which sent burning fuel and material, and weakened building 7?......

The other two buildings of the WTC were hit by planes....in case you have forgotten....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The fires apparently continue to burn. The building belongs to an international financial services corporation. Madrid is calling it the 'most important fire in Madrid's history." I sense some symbolism..hmmm?

www.newsday.com...

Am I reading too much into this? Or did Spain just kick the boogeyman in the balls?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

FOUR WORDS:

Thousands of gallons of Gasoline

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I guess there was quite serious damage...
Photos: Scanpix

[edit on 2005/2/13 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So now we see what even a normally fuelled fire can do to concrete and steel. Add 100 floors and a high speed impact from a huge commercial airliner and you begin to realize how silly the 911 conspiracy theories are.

KC8

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Also remember that the fuel used in airplanes burn alot hotter than most others.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So Spain how you doing since that day you laid down and showed those muslims how weak you are. Did that bully stop his attacks yet. Let me know when your way is better then ours cause fact is there hasn't been any terror here in the states since 09-11-2001

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
An amateur video is showing "two mysterious persons" inside the skyscraper while it was on fire. They were on the 16th floor and the fire was raging 8 floors above. This was filmed two hours after the firemen had been evacuated from the building because it could collapse. This video was shown on spanish tv yesterday. The authorities have requested a copy of the video.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, there goes the theory that no "skyscraper, or large modern building, has ever fallen due to a fire.....and no planes hit this one....

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
An amateur video is showing "two mysterious persons" inside the skyscraper while it was on fire. They were on the 16th floor and the fire was raging 8 floors above. This was filmed two hours after the firemen had been evacuated from the building because it could collapse.

Do you have a link to where the video was? I would like to see it.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Hellmutt
An amateur video is showing "two mysterious persons" inside the skyscraper while it was on fire. They were on the 16th floor and the fire was raging 8 floors above. This was filmed two hours after the firemen had been evacuated from the building because it could collapse.

Do you have a link to where the video was? I would like to see it.

No link, sorry. It was mentioned in several norwegian media, but they didn´t provide any link. And I don´t know how to speak/read spanish...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here´s a link.

Telemadrid

Click the picture for the link...

top topics

join