It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volunteering, giving back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey there fellow AtS'ers

Back in my late teens early 20's I did some volunteer work with BBBS (big brothers big sisters) I really enjoyed it. After that I did some volunteer work at a horse stable helping and teaching mentally and physically disabled kids how to ride horses. That was an awesome experience. I've since relocated from the area and have been out of the "volunteering game" for a while now.

Do any of you doing anything similar? Where are some good places I can check out for open volunteering positions? I'd prefer to work with kids again as that's what I've also done.

Any who, have a blessed day!

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I coach fastpitch softball 3 seasons a year. I do travel league in the summer, rec league in the fall and high school in the spring. I don't know if you like coaching, but I love working with the girls.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I volunteered as an EMT in tarrytown NY. All the inside bs about who’s an LT. or had seniority put me off. Sometimes small towns are to wrapped up in politics and miss the real reason for volunteers, helping people. I told them to kiss my a@@ and went back to being a selfish SOB and not deal with the drama, sad really.....

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I have in the past.

Usually areas will have an organisation that'll help you find the spot for you.
something like this

That's for the UK though. I imagine you have equivalents. It might be worth looking out for not-for-profit organisations too as they usually take volunteers, it's where I got a bit woodworking experience.

I mean, some volunteer organisations are a bit swamped at times. One I worked for didn't think of having school educational tours of the gardens, you could potentially make your own foundation of sorts

Opportunities are endless really. It's a good way to fill some time and hopefully give something to the community you live in.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Hey there fellow AtS'ers

Back in my late teens early 20's I did some volunteer work with BBBS (big brothers big sisters) I really enjoyed it. After that I did some volunteer work at a horse stable helping and teaching mentally and physically disabled kids how to ride horses. That was an awesome experience. I've since relocated from the area and have been out of the "volunteering game" for a while now.

Do any of you doing anything similar? Where are some good places I can check out for open volunteering positions? I'd prefer to work with kids again as that's what I've also done.

Any who, have a blessed day!

Peace

I did Junior Achievement for several years. I was also a Big Brother for a few years as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Me and the kids bake bread on saturdays for the soup kitchen a town away, it started out as a school project, and now we do it has a family thing, my kids rock.

top topics

join