It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump retweets far-right ultra nationalist group Britain First videos , Oi Vey !

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: knows_but_doesnt
This is why America voted for him - youtu.be...

They were tired of fake teleprompter talking heads that had nothing real to say, ever.

Erm, three million more people voted for his opponent.

Yes this and all other former and future anti-Trump threads boil down to the sore loser Hillary voters. We know this.

This is actually a thread about Trump being very lazy about checking who he was retweeting, not realising that he was actually dealing with a bunch of neo-nazi morons and then provoking an actual diplomatic imbroglio, with questions asked in Parliament, the PM bombarded with questions at a press conference and then the actual British ambassador complaining to the White House.
Two minutes or less of googling would have allowed him to discover that Britain First are not popular, not relevant and not wanted - one of them got just 54 votes in a recent election. 54.

Yes, the 2016 election still hurts you, here's a hug. Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks. Want to address the diplomatic imbroglio bit? I think that the Archbish of Canterbury has chimed in as well and even Melanie Phillips (sort of a British Anne Coulter but a tad less deranged) says she's appalled.

Who? I don't need others to tell me how I should react to Trump tweeting videos of Muslims murdering, assaulting, and destroying. I'm against Muslims murdering, assaulting, and destroying.
But that's just me. I didn't need to do any research to decide how to feel. It is just innate that I am repulsed by that kind of evil.

So you voice approval for Britain Firsts murdering, assaulting and destroying in the process?

Context matters. None of the videos are what they're claimed. The Dutch guy is even falsely labelled as an immigrant and Muslim in their crazed propaganda.
edit on 30-11-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
So you are mad that he retweeted the videos? Did you watch them? Not mad at the content, just that he tweeted? WOW.

Video's have been debunked.
LINK

Trump's proud bigotry and hate toward Muslims severely damages our relationship with Muslim allies, reduces cooperation in fighting terrorism, feeds and nourishes terrorist propaganda and literally puts Americans lives at greater risk abroad, both civilians and the military who rely on local cooperation in fighting terrorists.

Trump's unstable mental condition, low impulse control and inability to understand consequences is a danger to Americans everywhere.

The United States longest and closest ally, Great Britain, has twice reprimanded and condemned the President in the past 48 hours.

He is shockingly unqualified for office.
edit on 30-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Waaaaaah, A typical response from someone who tries to justify and defend Trump's actions. Unfortunately you're blind to the fact you're defending a POTUS who is a clear danger to this country and democracy. He's the one full of crap.

More "fake news" in your mind...Because of course the media can control statements coming out of people's mouths.

UK Prime Minister Theresa May delivered a rare public admonishment to US President Donald Trump on Thursday, declaring that he was "wrong" to share anti-Muslim videos posted online by a "hateful" British far-right group.

Members of Parliament from all parties lined up to criticize Trump in the House of Commons on Thursday. Labour MP Stephen Doughty said: "This is the President of the United States, sharing with millions, inflammatory and divisive content" by someone "who represents a vile, fascist organization seeking the spread hatred and violence in person and online."

More from "Fake News" CNN

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

i'm sure if Obama had posted videos of Christians murdering, assaulting and destroying you'd be meh.. no biggie.

or, do Christians not do any of those things?

trump is simply using his base to be divisive as usual. it usually means something big is about to go down and he needs the distraction. it's funny how he uses his base.. knowing they'll defend every idiot thing he does like good little sheep. sad.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

You do realise that at least one of those videos has literally nothing to do with Muslims at all, right? As in nothing. In dread to think what kind of contextless video soundbites you could drag up about American "Christians".

Admittedly, Donald is constantly lowering the bar for what's useful discourse, but it's hard to take a man bleating about "fake news" seriously when he's literally forwarding actual, verifiable fake news to 42m on Twitter. From a hugely discredited British hate group.

You've elected a complete moron. Just accept it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
He tweeted videos of factual events - I dont see the problem with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I will just leave this hear.....

Damn. That was savage

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikos123
He tweeted videos of factual events - I dont see the problem with it.

I envy you folks who live in #alternativefacts land

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Keep dreaming, chuckles.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So, the videos Trump tweeted turned out to be fake after all. Imagine that.

Where are all the people from the first few pages that were defending him because the videos "show real events"?

They seem strangely absent now.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: SprocketUK

How did he re-tweet something without seeing it first? How could he see it without knowing where it came from? In fact, it looks like he follows Britain First!

Page 30 something .

Tons of people retweet stuff from friends or suggestions by twitter only to be shocked by the original source.

...which speaks to the quality of his "friends." Or perhaps what twitter thinks he likes.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Mostly because by page 52 the human attention span has moved on.

LOL

link   

originally posted by: Staycurious
Had a look myself at the videos & they're just things that are already out there, also seen a couple calling out the Muslims for wanting to kill Jews so not sure how shes a nazi. The type of videos I've seen on her Twitter like the ones trump retweeted are not voiced over or hyped up they are just things caught on camera that she's sharing, I think people should see the videos before arguing. I think the content of the videos should be discussed more than who shared it Britain first or this lady didn't take the video personally, trump could of picked videos that were a lot worse, I don't know Britain first well but I recognise the lady from a few of their videos of walking the streets with a cross on Facebook & yes they are controversial but they can't control or make up the reactions they get from some Muslims which pretty much prove the point Britain first are making. There are a lot of videos on what is really happening with the migration in Europe

The problem is NOT what Britain First videos show. It’s what they CLAIM they show. There was one on Facebook recently that showed a Muslim ambush of white peoples in a no go area of a major British city”. It had thousands of shares and horrifying reactions. Nobody seemed to notice that the cars on the street were all American and bearing non uk number plates, er and on the wrong side of the road. Turns out it was actually a gang fight filmed in New York and no Muslims were even involved.

No, I can’t link to it, because I’m used to their lying ways now and just skim over them.

Asking to see the the videos, while understandable, is actually irrelevant. A president of any country should know better. Trumps reputation in the UK was never high, now he is viewed in the exact same way as Kim Jong Un and Robert Mugabe are. An absolute pathetic joke of a president.

I was watching a report recently where Trump was being questioned about claims he tweeted about Obama. He could not give a direct answer as he deflected and obfuscated. When asked if he stands by what he tweeted he replied “I stand by nothing, think what you like”.

Think about that. He stands by NOTHING. He cannot even explain or justify the thing that he himself says. The man is a turd.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

"All my posts in this thread have been making fun of you. " Is this not against the rules? I thought this website was about debating, not calling people names or making fun of them like children.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bongripasaurus
a reply to: JosephKnecht

"All my posts in this thread have been making fun of you. " Is this not against the rules? I thought this website was about debating, not calling people names or making fun of them like children.

This particular forum exists so that members can blow off steam by picking on one another. If you want a civilized discussion of Trump's use of racist and xenophobic propaganda, you can start a thread on "Dissecting Disinformation."

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
So, the videos Trump tweeted turned out to be fake after all. Imagine that.

Where are all the people from the first few pages that were defending him because the videos "show real events"?

They seem strangely absent now.

That's what the goal is my dude.

They share and spread fabricated narratives to push an agenda.

They don't care about denying ignorance. They don't care about facts.

They care about spreading their propaganda, and in this case - they have.

The thing is, by the time it's exposed for what it is - people have already made their minds up. In this case - "it doesn't matter if the video is real, the threat is real."

It's how they operate. It's like throwing # at a wall and hoping it sticks.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: shooterbrody

Waaaaaah, A typical response from someone who tries to justify and defend Trump's actions. Unfortunately you're blind to the fact you're defending a POTUS who is a clear danger to this country and democracy. He's the one full of crap.

More "fake news" in your mind...Because of course the media can control statements coming out of people's mouths.

UK Prime Minister Theresa May delivered a rare public admonishment to US President Donald Trump on Thursday, declaring that he was "wrong" to share anti-Muslim videos posted online by a "hateful" British far-right group.

Members of Parliament from all parties lined up to criticize Trump in the House of Commons on Thursday. Labour MP Stephen Doughty said: "This is the President of the United States, sharing with millions, inflammatory and divisive content" by someone "who represents a vile, fascist organization seeking the spread hatred and violence in person and online."

More from "Fake News" CNN

No substance from you, typical of the die hard anti trump people.
I have not justified anything.
I only pointed out that there were no statements from trump endorsing anything, he retweeted some videos of bad people doing bad things.
When called out by a foreign leader he responded in kind. Something the former spineless potus never did. We stopped being beholden to the limeys in the late 1700s. It really matters not if they like our potus or not. When the EU craps all over them because of the brexit we will see if all of the lower level vote seekers are of the same mind as they are today.

Really funny to see all the outrage a retweet can cause all those puffed up redcoats. Especially when terrorism and immigration are actual issues that need solutions. Funny thing is trump has been put through much worse from neocon dems here than he ever will be by a temporary pm and a jackass mayor.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why use the term 'kowtow''? That implies he is right when clearly he is wrong. What people would expect is for the President of the United States to apologise for tweeting inflammetry anti Muslim content which came from a far right group and is questionable in its context. You even had the WH saying it doesn't matter of it is real!! Whatever way you want to spin it, he has done more for that group than they ever could have by themselves and what did it solve? Nothing. It just majorly pissed off some of your biggest world allies. All he has done is create tension and anger. Not for the first time. He even then followed it up by publically criticising a UK PM like the US doesn't suffer from terror related problems. Glass houses and all that. If that isn't the epitome of naive and stupid I don't know what is. Seriously, the guy is a total idiot.

reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Can you explain this "clearly a danger" part?

I've seen nothing to suggest that is even remotely true. As the left said before the election, anyone who would question the results of the election is the true threat to democracy. Only one side has been doing that, my esteemed colleague.
edit on 11/30/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver

Trumps only ambition seems to be to piss off as many other people as he possibly can. His supporters cheer and applaud as if pissing people off is a goal in itself to be proud of.

Even the worst despots in history never actually had that as a goal. It is not the path to greatness.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join