It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump retweets far-right ultra nationalist group Britain First videos , Oi Vey !

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMZA

originally posted by: nonspecific

You are right in that him being racist does not make the organisation racist but.....

That is not a valid reason to say that the group is NOT racist is it?

Goal posts- Obliterated

The fundemental basis of britain first is racist. the policies that they have are racist, paul golding the founding member and leader does and says lots of things that are racist and so do members of the group.

Back to square one...just because you don't like it does not make it racist, just calling something racist does not make it so.

If I said that I dont want anyone who was born outside the UK to live here and I will pay them to go and live somewhere else so I don't have to integrate with them would you think that I sounded racist?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You are right in that him being racist does not make the organisation racist but.....

Goal posts- Obliterated

The fundemental basis of britain first is racist. the policies that they have are racist, paul golding the founding member and leader does and says lots of things that are racist and so do members of the group.

Back to square one...just because you don't like it does not make it racist, just calling something racist does not make it so.

Ok you tell me what you think is a racist thing?

name some act that could be classed as racist for me please?

Slavery is a good example of racism so are Jim Crow laws as well as public lynchings of colored people. Then you have the classic attacking someone because they are a member of some race that you do not like.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Goal posts- Obliterated

Slavery is a good example of racism so are Jim Crow laws as well as public lynchings of colored people. Then you have the classic attacking someone because they are a member of some race that you do not like.

So when they went nto those mosques and threatened all those indian and african people would you say that was raicist?

Or would you say that muslim is not a race so what he did could not be racist even though all the people he threatened were of a different race to him and the people that did the threatening?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If I said that I dont want anyone who was born outside the UK to live here and I will pay them to go and live somewhere else so I don't have to integrate with them would you think that I sounded racist?

No, especially considering that it could even apply to the british guy who played spiderman who was born in LA, would deporting him be racist? Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Goal posts- Obliterated

The problem here is how language is not universal

For most Americans race is just about the colour of ones skin.

In the uk and most of Europe it’s about much more than that as it also encompasses ethnicity and nationality. Additionally when we talk about religious discrimination it’s often talked about in the same way as racial discrimination. There have been court cases in the UK were it has been successfully argued that religion should be part of the definition of race.

We have a more evolved understanding of race and racism.

This however creates a bit of a problem when talking about race politics on a platform like ATS because each side has a different understanding of race and racism.

That’s why I think it’s better now to call Trump a bigot or xenophobe because those words seem to be less ambiguous.

Language can mean different things to different people depending on the culture. It’s almost like how we have different understandings of the word chips (I am sure there are better examples)
edit on 29-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

No, especially considering that it could even apply to the british guy who played spiderman who was born in LA, would deporting him be racist? Didn't think so.

So I say I want to get rid of anyone not born in the country and you say not racist because spiderman.

Good night and have fun.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If he wants to get rid of non-whites, that would be racist. I would agree with that. But as far as countries and cultures and religions are concerned, I cannot see how the term racism applies. As we know, Islam is multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-sect religion.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Goal posts- Obliterated

In the uk and most of Europe it’s about much more than that as it also encompasses ethnicity and nationality. Additionally when we talk about religious discrimination it’s often talked about in the same way as racial discrimination. There have been court cases in the UK were it has been successfully argued that religion should be part of the definition of race.

This however creates a bit of a problem when talking about race politics on a platform like ATS because each side has a different understanding of race and racism.

That’s why I think it’s better now to call Trump a bigot or xenophobe because those words seem to be less ambiguous.

What does science say?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Goal posts- Obliterated

So as a British person would you say this policy is racist or not racist?

"Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently"

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Its like people calling Trump racist for wanting to secure the border with Mexico. Mexican is not a race. What we call "Mexicans" live all over the southwest US. Im married to one.

He may be displaying nationalism, but not racism.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If he wants to get rid of non-whites, that would be racist. I would agree with that. But as far as countries and cultures and religions are concerned, I cannot see how the term racism applies. As we know, Islam is multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-sect religion.

Part of there manifesto is to cease all immigration and to pay anyone not born in the UK to leave and not return so Britain can be for British people only, they also want to ban Islam and reintroduce a more Chritian based schooling sysym and abolish multi faith teachings.

You have to admit that this sounds just a tiny bit racist or can you argue against my claim?

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Its like people calling Trump racist for wanting to secure the border with Mexico. Mexican is not a race. What we call "Mexicans" live all over the southwest US. Im married to one.

He may be displaying nationalism, but not racism.

Exactly right. As a matter of fact, it’s racist to assume Mexicans are one race.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Part of there manifesto is to cease all immigration and to pay anyone not born in the UK to leave and not return so Britain can be for British people only, they also want to ban Islam and reintroduce a more Chritian based schooling sysym and abolish multi faith teachings.

You have to admit that this sounds just a tiny bit racist or can you argue against my claim?

Where is the getting rid of non-whites part?

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh, there you go. You Brits are just more evolved than us knuckle draggers you left behind in 1812. We just have primitive concepts of stuff like race.

LMAO. That might be the most pompous thing i've read on ATS this year.

ETA: it occurs to me that your apparent disdain for Americans could be construed as bigotry in a more evolved understanding of race such as that you claim to possess.
edit on 11/29/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Goal posts- Obliterated

So when they went nto those mosques and threatened all those indian and african people would you say that was raicist?

Or would you say that muslim is not a race so what he did could not be racist even though all the people he threatened were of a different race to him and the people that did the threatening?

Im not saying you are a liar, i would just like to see some proof of them threatening a group of people. But Muslim is not a race. For example, if you were to throw a granade at a group of neo-nazis nobody would say you were racist and hated white people.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

pretty funny from people who have no dentists and still have a queen

link   

Why would they want to get rid of anyone who was not British if they were not racist?

Maybe its for the simple, not racist view, that its destroyed Germany, Paris, Sweden and the Netherlands?

link   

Goal posts- Obliterated

Im not saying you are a liar, i would just like to see some proof of them threatening a group of people. But Muslim is not a race. For example, if you were to throw a granade at a group of neo-nazis nobody would say you were racist and hated white people.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join