It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump retweets far-right ultra nationalist group Britain First videos , Oi Vey !

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There were people in here calling them neo-nazis earlier. That was proven to be false.

Who by, exactly?
And when?

Because it is literally impossible to “prove false” something that is a well known fact.

Britain First was founded by and made up of former BNP & NF members, after those two groups became synonymous with overt anti-Semitism & often times violent racism including the use of razor blades to carve the letters “NF” into their non-white victims.

Now, I suppose you could argue that this is all just a coincidence, or paint a picture of a reformed or transformed group who are disconnected from this shady and ugly past...
But you’d only be lying to yourself.

I’ll tell you what, don’t believe literally every British poster on ATS when they tell you Britain First is a neo-Nazi group...

Instead of trusting your fellow members on the board who live here...
Go to the comment sections on the Britain First Facebook page, see the thoughts and ideals of their members and base, and then make your own decision.

I’ll warn you though, you will be eating a lot of crow.

Better still go to one of the fb groups that are against britain first and look at the masses of evidence to show what a nasty bunch the are, thugs the lot of them.
why do we have to hunt for proof of your claims?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

Because I'd be lying. All it takes is a simple Google search to see what they are. By all means, go to their own website, they make no bones about it.

What's funny is that the people from Britain First openly agree with my assessment of them. They want an end to multiculturism. While you're here arguing they aren't something they're openly proud about.

Lmao.

Multiculturalism is a sham, at least according to Angela Merkel. That doesn't mean she's the German version of the KKK.

So what is it? The anti-semitism? The hoods? The anti-black racism? What makes them like the KKK?

Yep. The anti-semitism is one part, even though they've recently tried to court British Jews which is seen as a farce, by well, everyone. Including themselves.

You know, comparing them to the KKK isn't 100% correct. Even though they share a lot of the same ideologies, they more resemble Nazis. Not the alt-right dumbass-haircut Nazis we have in America right now, but the WW2 German variety.

If he creates fear, more people will put money in his pocket so he can take
action. He wants World War Three. And after that, well, you could call it
the Fourth Reich. That’s what he wants.”

He adds: “At a demo in Hexforth, Golding said he had no problem with
minorities, as long as they stay just that — minorities.

“Later I realised Hitler had said something similar. Then I started looking
into it more and the things Britain First are saying are the same, just
targeting Muslims instead of Jews.”

Link

If you are really interested in the similarities between Britain First and the KKK, go to their respective websites and compare what they believe in. I'm not going to go back and do your research for you. Especially when it's apparent you don't actually care about the truth in this instance, only right wing virtue signaling.

Constantly trying to intellectualize Trumps actions is doing nothing but killing your intellect. It isn't helping Trump at all. Just a PSA.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So no real answer on your part.

The most likely explanation is that Trump is regularly checking the Twitter accounts of key Britain First members. Why would he be doing that of he doesn't agree with their philosophy?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There were people in here calling them neo-nazis earlier. That was proven to be false.

Who by, exactly?
And when?

Because it is literally impossible to “prove false” something that is a well known fact.

Britain First was founded by and made up of former BNP & NF members, after those two groups became synonymous with overt anti-Semitism & often times violent racism including the use of razor blades to carve the letters “NF” into their non-white victims.

Now, I suppose you could argue that this is all just a coincidence, or paint a picture of a reformed or transformed group who are disconnected from this shady and ugly past...

I’ll tell you what, don’t believe literally every British poster on ATS when they tell you Britain First is a neo-Nazi group...

Go to the comment sections on the Britain First Facebook page, see the thoughts and ideals of their members and base, and then make your own decision.

Actually, claims can be proven false on occasion. However, “things” cannot be proven to Not exist.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The most likely explanation is that Trump is regularly checking the Twitter accounts of key Britain First members. Why would he be doing that of he doesn't agree with their philosophy?
I have no doubt that he agrees with them that muslim extremists exist

link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Who by, exactly?
And when?

Better still go to one of the fb groups that are against britain first and look at the masses of evidence to show what a nasty bunch the are, thugs the lot of them.
I just went to the britain first group and saw many images that would seem to show that they are not racist. One pic shows 4 differnt men of dif origins and the words are that muslim is not a race. Which i would agree with. Right? Is that racist?

Britain first are very devious, they word things in such a way that they do not show thier true colours.

One other thing they do is trick people into sharing and promoting thier group by using seeminglt innocent memes. So they put up pictures of a plate of fish and chips saying who loves fish and chips like our page if you do or similar.

When you get down to the bones of it they are at heart a violent and xenophobic bunch of thugs hiding behind the illusion of national pride.

Scum.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Calling people Nazis and KKK doesn't cut it anymore.

Describe their behavior, what they did wrong, and how it is evil. I have a feeling people do not know how to do that anymore.

They promote violence and hatred towards people who are from a different country or religion to them.

They promote the intimidation of people.

They lie to people to create raial and nationalistic tension.

They are really not very nice people.

I do not wish to sound condescending, but that's a little better. It's descriptive. It describes things.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Yep. The anti-semitism is one part, even though they've recently tried to court British Jews which is seen as a farce, by well, everyone. Including themselves.

You know, comparing them to the KKK isn't 100% correct. Even though they share a lot of the same ideologies, they more resemble Nazis. Not the alt-right dumbass-haircut Nazis we have in America right now, but the WW2 German variety.

Who, the British Jews AHEM the Zionists (the OG SJW's)??

edit on 29-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

Please don't ever find employment in a field requiring deductive reasoning.

FWIW, i used the search feature on Twitter to verify that is functions. For the sake of Occam.

link   
The deflection for Trump is mind-boggling. Are you seriously suggesting that if Obama or Hillary or any others you despise, linked to videos from a hate-group, you'd be OK with it if the video itself was relevant to a point they were making? If you say yes, you are full of it.

And it's not even relevant. Trump is trying to use scare tactics to pave the way for his anti-Muslim agenda. We are in far more danger from our own, than from immigrants. He'd be better served figuring out how to stop the endless mass shootings.. which rank up there with terrorists attacks in other countries.. by our own people. But.. naw.. omg immigrants, we are in so much danger!!

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

What does a tweet ever accomplish? It's twitter, and I personally view his twitter as almost a separate entity.

I thought Twitter was how the President was circumventing the evil media to speak directly to the people?

It IS faux-outrage, because let's be real here, the context of the tweet itself doesn't matter to you folks, it's the fact that it's TRUMP and you guys will look for (even dig to the bottom) any reason to be outraged.

I can assure you that if Trump resigned tomorrow and Pence tweeted the # Trump tweets, he'd be facing the same criticism. In fact, if Hillary Clinton had been elected and she was tweeting like Trump, she'd be facing all kinds of backlash.

I think that it's the fact that it's Trump that prevents you from applying any sort of reasonable standard.

There's not really any context to a retweet except "hey, I saw this and I thought you should see it too." Perhaps you can explain the context that we're missing.

Virtue signalling is one helluva drug and confirmation bias is one helluva feeling. If there wasn't daily outrage at his every breath, then maybe what you're saying would have some merit.

1. It's not confirmation bias. Confirmation bias would be if we ignored all his not-#show tweets and only focused on a small number that bolstered a preexisting belief. However, that's clearly not the case and you even imply as much in the next sentence. The baseline of his tweets is #show with sporadic spikes of what-the-actual-f.

2. Virtue signaling? Isn't that *exactly* what Trump is doing with his tweets? Among his base, being anti-Muslim is a virtue.

3. The fact that there's near daily criticism doesn't mean that the criticism is undeserved. If he started every day beating an elderly woman to death with a stick, would it be unreasonable to criticize him every day for doing it? It seems to me that either Trump supporters don't find what he says particularly off-putting or they're able to compartmentalize and ignore most of what he says that they don't like.

Maybe if you guys didn't make a big deal and over sensationalize EVERYTHING, when something like this comes up, the outrage expressed would carry a little more weight.

Or maybe if your egos weren't tied to Trump, you wouldn't be afraid of admitting what a piece of # he is?

And I'm with Les, seeing the mob mentality up close every day from people that clearly lack something in themselves, makes it a lot harder to relate to them, and a lot easier to defend those they attack.

That's ironic considering that Trump is essentially the leader of an angry nativist mob.

EDIT:

And you didn't answer my question. What is it that you think Trump was trying to achieve with his retweets?
edit on 2017-11-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

has anyone actually seen the video in question?
i haven't. i can't be upset or happy about this until i see for myself what the content of the video is about.
i'm not scrolling through 16 pages to see if there is a link. if anyone has the link could you please respond to this comment so i can see it?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I do not know the answer.

But according to someone else in the thread, it was Anne Coulter who shared it. Trump follows Coulter, apparently.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the video of man being pushed off a rooftop was filmed in egypt during the 2013 overthrow of president Mohamed Morsi and one of the men was found guilty and hanged..

link   
a reply to: subfab

i'm not scrolling through 16 pages to see if there is a link.

Trumps twitter.
twitter.com...

link   

So just assumptions is what you're going off of? I'm assuming one of his 44 Million followers sent him a link to the videos and he never even heard of Britain First like most Americans.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Who by, exactly?
And when?

I just went to the britain first group and saw many images that would seem to show that they are not racist. One pic shows 4 differnt men of dif origins and the words are that muslim is not a race. Which i would agree with. Right? Is that racist?

Britain first are very devious, they word things in such a way that they do not show thier true colours.

One other thing they do is trick people into sharing and promoting thier group by using seeminglt innocent memes. So they put up pictures of a plate of fish and chips saying who loves fish and chips like our page if you do or similar.

When you get down to the bones of it they are at heart a violent and xenophobic bunch of thugs hiding behind the illusion of national pride.

Scum.
I see a lot of people claiming this, but nobody wanting to post evidence. Are they beating people up? Are they kiliing people?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: subfab

i'm not scrolling through 16 pages to see if there is a link.

Trumps twitter.
twitter.com...
Just post the evidence for your claims like you’re supposed to do. We can’t read your mind. We don’t know what you are offended about.
edit on 29-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Please don't ever find employment in a field requiring deductive reasoning.

FWIW, i used the search feature on Twitter to verify that is functions. For the sake of Occam.

So you're arguing that it makes more sense that Trump sat down and searched Twitter for some term or set of terms and the videos were among the results of the search?

That might actually be worse.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Britain First are a far-right hate group born out of the BNP, National Front and EDL.

Trump quoting their stuff shows the depths that US politics has sunk to.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join