It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny, isn't it!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
**Mods, please move if you feel the need**

So, we see another big name crushed by sexual assault allegations. While not to stray from my post, they must have real evidence.

However, anybody remember the MSM laughing at Mike Pence? Here is a refresher:

VP Pence does not meet behind closed doors alone with any women, someone is always present. He does not eat out with other woman when his wife is not around. The MSM went crazy calling him a prude, backwards, etc.

*I am not a good internet sleuth, can't find a link to add, if you have one, please post*

Now, all these fine folks who laughed at that find friends and coworkers getting accused left and right. Seems to me that if they followed his example, some of these people may not have come under fire.

Disclaimer, I do believe many of these accusations are true, but we all know some are fabricated for personal and political reasons....

edit on 29-11-2017 by theatreboy because: I cannot spell

edit on 29-11-2017 by theatreboy because: still cannot spell

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Very wise man, if he indeed said that. I am the same way. I will not even go in my brother's home if his wife is there alone. People love to talk and assume. I do not need any more drama in my life.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

VP Pence does not meet behind closed doors alone with any woman, someone is always present. He does not eat out with other woman when his wife is not around. The MSM went crazy calling him a prude, backwards, etc.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Parker wasn't tweeting some supposedly juicy anecdote that she had learned from anonymous sources secretly chuckling at Pence's arrangement with his wife. She was paraphrasing something Pence himself told The Hill newspaper in 2002. And it came up during the 2016 campaign in stories like this one from the Indianapolis Star: During his 12 years in Congress, Pence had rules to avoid any infidelity temptations, or even rumors of impropriety. Those included requiring that any aide who had to work late to assist him be male, never dining alone with a woman other than his wife, and not attending an event where alcohol is served unless Karen was there. In a 2002 interview with The Hill, Pence called it, “building a zone around your marriage.” “If there's alcohol being served and people are being loose, I want to have the best-looking brunette in the room standing next to me,” Pence said.

and this at the end

The fact that this kind of arrangement is so foreign and unthinkable to some people in this country reinforces what separate worlds we live in.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thanks for the links!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Pence is such a freak, any uber religulous whackjob like him has something to hide.
Thats why they become uber religulous whackjobs, too much cognitive dissonance warps their brains.

K~

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Media uses their weight to throw out any politicians the "deep state' doesn't want. They do it with allegations, character assassination, whatever. The know they have the power. Unlike Saudi Arabia or Turkey that has "purges", the west is much smarter, they insinuate 'wrong doing'...

All the recent sexual abuse allegation campaign is conditioning folk to hate the sound of that and anyone even remotely associated with it.

All they have to do is wag the media finger at someone and the damage is done. No need for investigations or trials, just throw the bum out. They do this with WMD and evil dictators too, if you noticed.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Pence is such a freak, any uber religulous whackjob like him has something to hide. Thats why they become uber religulous whackjobs, too much cognitive dissonance warps their brains.

Yeah his "rules" are just horrible.......better for him to be like frankin or conyers right?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

you are welcome

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That's a pretty terrible thing to assume about someone based purely on their religious beliefs.

I'm going to go ahead and call your statement insulent and dumb.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Better to be assumed a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

edit on 29-11-2017 by FauxMulder because: derp

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Very wise man, if he indeed said that. I am the same way. I will not even go in my brother's home if his wife is there alone. People love to talk and assume. I do not need any more drama in my life.
It really shouldn't work that way but even our Lord was accused of eating with sinners ...Many years ago my brothers girl friend came to me about my brother whom she said she loved very much but he was fooling around with another woman . She asked if I might talk to him and so I did . I must have been convincing because he became faithful to her and ended up marrying her .

Many years later she told him that I had actually came on to her , which was not true but many many years later he caught her sleeping with her boss ...I could never convince him that I did not have any attraction towards her but I did have compassion for her situation , a situation I decided to never allow myself to get involved in again with anyone else . Now I have a bit of guilt about convincing him to have married a lying cheating manipulative ,probably, Narcissist woman .

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

God uses the "good ones" and the "bad ones" use God...

Is that the pic that both Yangs are purported to be naked from the waist down?

(Goes both ways doesn't it, You know in the "2 Party Paradigm"?....)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Pence is trying to avoid temptation. Some might call him prude, backwards, or impersonal, but they are wrong. This practice is often used by people who want to keep from getting tempted to do something wrong, a tactic used by the family man to try to stay appropriate in the church. If more people were like him, we would not have all the problems in our society that we do.

I have a lot of respect for Pence's way of life. There are other congressmen that live this way also. His actions show confidence, he is not seeking attention to fill his ego. Trump seems to need to fulfill his ego, he does not have the confidence that he tries to say he does, he strikes back when challenged but still seems to want what is best for the country. He made the right choice in his VP pick. We need to cool our jets a bit and slowly incorporate more liberal aspects, carfully scrutinizing what the changes will do for society. You cannot give everyone what they want, providing for people's needs is important but if they blow the money saved by the help on a big cable package and expensive internet plan, what good does it do to give them help to get ahead.

I am getting sick of the Liberal attitude. I have always been a liberal but in the last ten to twelve years liberals have gone way off their rocker, demanding things that have proven not to work in societies. We have not got smarter, people have not changed much over the years. We are still driven by hormones and entitlement is always a threat to societies working properly. We have a higher amount of people being treated for mental illness issues, yes, antidepressants do treat for what is titled a mental illness. so are anti-anxiety medicines most times. Look how many people are taking them today. Even some medicines for common problems in people actually are psychotropic and treat symptoms of mental issues. Lots of these medicines are given, over half our population is being treated for issues with their thinking. Why is this?

Entitlement means we eat different foods, we feel we are too good to eat soup made with soup bones, people want lean meat and this can cause an imbalance, we need to have a bowl of real soup before our meal at supper, one made with properly raised meat bones. the junk we get at restaurants is using soup base, created by flavorings. This will most times not help to keep us civil like good soup will. Entitlement causes a lot of disease to occur, we are all different, we need to eat more like our ancestors did, most of our ancestors did not eat this crap we are eating, they never ate a banana or avacado. They did not eat high amounts of veggies which contain a lot of plant defense chemistry, overbrowsing chemistry that can distort the thinking of the animals that eat it. It makes the animals fight amongst themselves, it makes the animals forgetful so they cannot find the plant again, it destroys their ability to think properly if they overeat it. Deer have been eating this chemistry for millions of years....they will not eat many types of lettuce we throw out to them. Why is that? Think about that. It even distorts their thinking or causes them problems. Yet we are told to eat lots of it even though our ancestors did not eat much of this, other than maybe some living in the mediteranian area. Where all the hotheads live.

To liberals Pence looks prudent, he is not, he is a good man, a great choice for VP. I am no longer considering myself as a Liberal, I saw what troubles it has stirred up in our society over the years. Some change is needed, but not like this, the amount of people who have the entitled attitude has skyrocketed. They believe that spoiling the kids of the poor is appropriate, they are creating demanding consumers who blow their money on things they want at expense of what they need. This is bad.....we cannot spend more than we make and live in debt. The top five percent benefit by us blowing so much money on things we do not need, the money flows to the top. It is not the conservative attitude that screwed this economy up, it was the liberal attitude that messed it up. Banks should pay decent interest for savings, investing in big business corporations in the stock market only makes the rich richer, not much money is actually returned to the stockholder, the big execs have good salaries and benefit packages that actually use up the money. This is hid from the stockholder most times. Not all corporations are like that though, some are legitimate.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Damn... two pence.

There was a day, a good few years ago now, where a couple of pence could get you two of those little cola bottle jelly sweets. Those were good days. These days, all it gets you is a genetically modified religious zealot and his younger clone. These days, are not so good.
edit on 29-11-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Better to be assumed a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Lots of men have the same policy as Pence. I won't be in any closed off rooms at work when it's just myself and a woman. Always public places with doors open.

Why? I'd never cheat on my wife. Ever. But you don't have to actually DO ANYTHING to be accused of harassment.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy I like Mike but at the same time he scares the # outa me.Trump does not scare me, but I am truly concerned about the state of his mentality. Pence is a gentleman and others should take note of that.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Pence is such a freak, any uber religulous whackjob like him has something to hide.
Thats why they become uber religulous whackjobs, too much cognitive dissonance warps their brains.

K~
...and anyone who assails a good man for remaining a good man usually is doing so to mask their own missteps and normalize their own effed up habits and tendencies.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yep, that's an intelligent approach.

When I worked for a short while at the Public Affairs office on a military base, I was eventually passively accused of having an affair with a female coworker. The funny thing is, we saw each other as brother and sister, acted like idiots together, and left the office at the same time often because both of our kids went to the same daycare on post.

We would often go "on assignment" together (she was a writer, I was a graphic designer/photographer) because we worked together well.

Never--EVER--was there even the though of a romantic or sexual relationship between either of us (well, at least on my end...I don't pretend to know all of her thoughts), but yet we still had to deal with whispers and rumors going around the office. I was eventually approached with that rumor by the editor when I had given my two-weeks notice, and all I really could do is laugh.

But it didn't matter, the rumor was a thing, and it went all the way to the top public affairs officer (and maybe started with him...I don't know).

Luckily, my editor was just asking because she assumed that it was ridiculous, but wanted to know just to know. And, luckily, my wife and I have a good enough relationship that I was able to tell her when I was approached about it and we had a decent laugh about it.

Not all people are so lucky, and many are in positions either public enough or important enough to where even the simplest accusation can wreak havoc on their life and career. If I was ever in that position now, I would take a similar approach to Pence, no matter what people thought about it--it's sad that we have to think that way, yet here we are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join