It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Fort Worth F-16 rolls out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
redacted...
edit on 1-12-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think anyone is trying to goad you into some TnC violation. You don't need our help to do so and you have goaded me into making a T&C violation. But I accept that and I blame myself for that, not you.

The majority of posts have not been about F-16 production, which is what the OP about, I don't think it's about the F-16 in general. I'll let the mods decide that. The F-16 in general is extremely broad, frankly you can talk about any military operation in the last several decades that involved the US with the excuse that the F-16 in general was involved. I think sometimes going off on a tangent is useful, but here you have been factually incorrect multiple times and it's pretty clear you have been trying to steer the conversation towards what the US is doing in Afghanistan.

The US Navy flies F-16's as an adversary aircraft. That means they "pretend" to be enemy aircraft, for the purposes of training its pilots, and it does this for programs like Top Gun or Red Flag. The first F-16's the Navy procured was the F-16N, which was a block 30 aircraft but had the cannon removed and had downgraded avionics. Block 30 meant it had the big GE motor in it. Apparently it was the most maneuverable F-16 built, less than 18,000 lb empty and 29,000 lb of thrust, you can bet they were usually flown with minimal external stores as well. But they had to be retired due to cracking wings, with more conventional F-16's taking their place.

In any event, US Navy F-16's are not in Afghanistan.
edit on 1/12/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And it wouldn't be the first time I've had threads that were short, so what.

No, the thread isn't about F-16s, it's about F-16 production being moved. You can try to put whatever motive you want to me, I don't care. The simple fact is that you've repeatedly posted articles and made comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the production line being moved, or anything else in the OP. But don't worry, after this I'll be happy to go back to not responding to you.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
redacted...
edit on 1-12-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join