It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Fort Worth F-16 rolls out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The last F-16 to be built in Fort Worth has been completed. The aircraft will go to the Iraqi Air Force, and the F-16 line will move to South Carolina. The main production plant for the F-16 has been in Texas from the start, with only a few license built copies being produced outside the plant there.

There are still potential orders for F-16s on the books, including 19 V models for Bahrain. Lockheed will take about two years to stand up the new line in Greenville, which currently does overhaul and sustainment work on multiple airframe types.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Endless war in Afghanistan, more 'Fighting Falcons' . Win win, factories for war...

military.com

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, the Texas birds will always be better. As a Texan not far from Ft Worth just sayin.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And yet, amazingly, the few that are still on the books have nothing to do with Afghanistan. I realize you have to get your antiwar rhetoric in where you can, but at least try to be on point. The only ones that even come close are the ones for Iraq.
edit on 11/29/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And yet, amazingly, the few that are still on the books have nothing to do with Afghanistan. I realize you have to get your antiwar rhetoric in where you can, but at least try to be on point. The only ones that even come close are the ones for Iraq.

Don't forget, we also need to invade Syria and Iran and I dunno how many other countries so we can complete that pipeline which is supposedly the reason for all the wars, so they can transfer oil and natural gas from the middle east to Europe. Because the US oil barons were willing to wait decades for that to work out and be dead by the time the pipeline was built instead of just transporting the product by ship.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Wow, hard to believe the first flight for the F 16 was in 1974. Very successful jet.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's a great little jet, except for the antiskid system. I'd like to find the person that came up that and take them into a dark alley. A couple guys were happy to see me hanging around because I had really good eyesight so they put me to work.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

It's a great little jet, except for the antiskid system.

And being hazardous to the heads of fuelies who are used to walking upright under F-15s

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

And the EPU that will kill you as soon as look at you.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I realize you have to get your antiwar rhetoric in where you can, but at least try to be on point.

Your ridicule of my post is even more off 'point'.

People should just read the link I provided.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Which, again, has nothing to do with the line being moved or future or even recent F-16 production. Nor does it have anything to do with your "endless war in Afghanistan" comment.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Which, again, has nothing to do with the line being moved or future or even recent F-16 production. Nor does it have anything to do with your "endless war in Afghanistan" comment.

Yes it does. You listed new orders, I added another one; the increased need in Afghanistan, clearly laid out in the link I provided ^^^.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Did you even read it, or just the headline? They are moving existing F-16 units from the US, using F-16s bought in the 90s, by the US. The US has not bought an F-16 since the early 90s and isn't going to buy any in the future.

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. -- The Air Force has begun shifting assets back into the Afghan theater, two generals said Tuesday at the Air Force Association's Air, Space and Cyber Conference.

Air refueling tankers are in Afghanistan for the first time in about five years, and the theater has just welcomed more F-16 Fighting Falcons to the area of responsibility, they said.

Nowhere in the article does it talk about new F-16s, or buying more F-16s.

It has nothing to do with production of F-16s. The only F-16s on the order book are for countries that have nothing to do with Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You left out this part...

"We just plussed up our number of fighters. We had 12 F-16s; we now have 18," said Harrigian,

Because of increased Hillbilly Mujahideen activity. They're gonna need more, Afghanistan has never been subjugated.

Lots of luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Zap could you expand on the anti-skid system part ?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Using existing aircraft already in the inventory. Why is that do hard to understand? It still has nothing to do with production.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

In Afghanistan, Yes, it does.

Stay tuned...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

There is one particular wire on the nose strut (I'm not sure if it's on all three, but we only ever checked the nose) that, if it breaks puts the antiskid system into fault, which usually causes blown tires and towing. However, and this is the fun part, it's a very very very small wire, placed where you can't see it directly, and direct light can't get to. So you need a mirror, magnifying glass, and flashlight to do the inspection.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yet again, you didn't bother reading. They were Marine AV-IBs. They're being retired anyway, so will be replaced by F-35Bs. So yet again, nothing to do with Lockheed producing F-16s for the US.

The US has not been, and will not be buying more F-16s. No matter how many articles you post or how you try to be right. They are not buying more F-16s for the US to use in Afghanistan, or anywhere else.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No new orders from the US Air Force?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join