It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Instead of protecting themselves, our government should follow the lead of private businesses and start firing all those within their ranks that are being accused of sexual misconduct. After all, a lot of Trump supporters wanted him to run government like a business, so his sexual misconduct allegations shouldn't be the exception.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Not sure how old you are but this was not a speedy thing. This has been going on for 20 years! This is not about Matt Lauer, it's about NBC. Bad press, is still press! I've been watching since the mid 90's and he was accused of doing innappropriate things way back then.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Since it appears a can of worms is opening, WTF is this 'unsolved mystery' Trump just tweeted about??..........

Joe had an aide of his found dead in his office in 2001 in Okaloosa County FL from traumatic head injury.

Her retired around the time of the death so it was suspicious.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Instead of protecting themselves, our government should follow the lead of private businesses and start firing all those within their ranks that are being accused of sexual misconduct. After all, a lot of Trump supporters wanted him to run government like a business, so his sexual misconduct allegations shouldn't be the exception.

I'm not sure who you mean when you talk about "firing all those within [the government] ranks", but if you mean elected officials, it is very hard to "fire" them.

Look at Bill Clinton. He was proven to have lied under oath to a grand jury that he "did not have sexual relations with that woman" (although he got away with it technically, because he said he didn't feel that oral sex was "sexual relations", so it wasn't really a lie......go figure). They tried to "fire" him through impeachment, but it did not come to pass.

John Conyers and Al Franken similarly cannot be easily fired, but the can be impeached (which is not easy) or they can be recalled by the voters (which is not easy).

For the most part, there isn't much that can easily be done with Franken, Conyers, Moore, etc to remove them from office. Doing so through official means is a laborious and difficult process that has a good chance of failure.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I barely know who Lauer is, really don't care, but vaguely remember that democrats were demanding he be fired after moderating one of the Trump Clinton debates.

Meh

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't usually post youtube member news content but this kid sums it up pretty good. I live in Florida and remember this case with Scarborough really well. The medical examiner who performed the autopsy was joes friend and was later found guilty himself of some pretty strange crimes. The good Doctor was stashing body parts in a storage unit for who knows what.

LINK

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I barely know who Lauer is, really don't care, but vaguely remember that democrats were demanding he be fired after moderating one of the Trump Clinton debates.

Meh

Lauer didn't moderate any Clinton-Trump debates. Lester Holt of NBC News hosted one of them, so maybe you are thinking of him (although, as far as I know, the Democrats were not demanding Holt be fired after the debate).

Nor did Lauer moderate any of the earlier Republican Debates or Democrat debates.

However, it seems Lauer failed to fact-check something Trump said in an interview that was later alleged to be false. Lauer got some heat for not calling Trump out on that on the spot, but it's not really reasonable for Lauer to have been able to know that what Trump said was possibly false. Similarly, Chris Wallace of FOX news (who moderated one of the debates) stated it is not the job of the moderator to be an on-the-spot fact checker.

www.cjr.org...

edit on 2017/11/29 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Al Franken. My kindle changed his last name lol. Yes he needs to resign. And Conyers needs to resign and release the victims from their NDAs too.

Bravo, Silly.
I enjoyed putting a star on one of your posts.

link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

You're right, I was just having as look on Google, it was a "forum" not debate...

www.rawstory.com...

Lauer was pilloried by professional critics and social media users alike for opening the Sept. 7, 2016, debate — which was hosted by a veterans group and ostensibly focused on national security — by asking Clinton about her emails.

edit on 29-11-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

link   
All I know is that it's time for AL FRANKEN to resign.

We have PROOF of his assaults.

Not just allegations, as with Conyers, Moore, and others.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The execs said they knew nothing about any of this previously. I find that difficult to believe. We'll probably never know.

I wonder if any of these "male feminists" are regretting contributing to this atmosphere where every little thing is perceived as "sexual harassment". In my experience, these clowns that we used to call "white knights" that tried to be all protective and champions of women were usually the worst offenders when it came to actual treatment of women.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: ausername

Meh

Lauer didn't moderate any Clinton-Trump debates. Lester Holt of NBC News hosted one of them, so maybe you are thinking of him (although, as far as I know, the Democrats were not demanding Holt be fired after the debate).

Nor did Lauer moderate any of the earlier Republican Debates or Democrat debates.

Matt Lauer was the moderator at the Commander in Chief Forum that happened on the USS Intrepid in September of 2016 between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
It was rumored that Hillary threw a hissy fit afterwards, demanding that Lauer be fired and stating that if Trump won, they would all hang from nooses.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It can be sad when someone you love is guilty of being bad. And something really hard to process.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Somebody help me out here!
I heard something last week or over the weekend,
saying that Matt Lauer was going to be leaving the Today show. That's all I caught. I wasn't in front of the TV & don't know what program was on, but I heard it plain as day!

I wondered why he would. I made sure to turn it on right away Monday morning to see what he would say. Nothing! I thought maybe he mentioned it last week & I missed it.

Now I'm wondering what the heck I heard!
Did anyone see it?

WOQ

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Assault is very serious. Now I'm wondering what compelling evidence she had.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope.
We tried it the other way. Nothing ever changes. hush hush move along little girl and keep your trap shut or else. Nope.
Let's see if they float or sink. The sinkers are innocent. The floaters are guilty and get burned at the stake.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Things that make you go hmm...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe if men are worried about a public shaming they will think twice huh?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
correcting.

edit on 29-11-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join